This luxury safari camp is only 1 hours’ drive from Victoria Falls in the beautiful and remote western end of the Zambezi National Park. The game viewing is good with regular sightings of elephant, buffalo and lion but the animal concentrations are not quite on par with safari giants such as Hwange, Mana Pools or Chobe National Parks. However this area does come with its own special and unique feel – the main focus being the Zambezi River with its exquisite clear waters and endless channels. The birdlife along the quiet shores of this stretch of river is second to none, and can boast some very rare species indeed.
The plush main lounge/dining area and each of the eight tents are built on raised wooden platforms, perfectly placed to overlook the Zambezi River in all its glory – the views are quite spectacular. During high water season the river actually flows under your private veranda.
The bedrooms are enormous Bedouin Style tents and are truly lovely and luxurious with each tent having its own en-suite bathroom and outdoor shower. Relax and enjoy the view from the huge veranda or your own private splash pool. The boardwalks that interlink each tent with the main dining area and bar offer protection from wandering hippos who often spend at least part of the night feeding in and around the camp.
Zambezi Sands offer a wide range of activities which include game drives, along the river and inland. Game walks with an experienced Professional Guide, river boat cruises (both sunset and day cruises). Canoeing is one of the unique activities on offer and gives you the opportunity to experience the beauty of the Zambezi river as you follow the gentle current downstream, drifting quietly through beautiful channels, passing prolific birdlife and relaxed animals alike. Daytrips into Victoria Falls are also available.
Zambezi Sands is ideal for clients who want to combine a mini safari with seeing the magnificent Victoria Falls. For guests who want to sample the multiple activities on offer in Victoria Falls itself then we would suggest rather spending a night or two in town before or after, as commuting to and from this camp is a bit arduous. However if you just want to spend a day in Victoria Falls to see the Falls and maybe do a couple other activities followed by a few relaxing days in a luxury safari camp with good game viewing and wonderful scenery – we can’t recommend Zambezi Sands highly enough.
For those wanting longer safari packages, excellent options are available from these camps owners who also operate camps within Hwange National Park and the Victoria Falls area.
• Located 1 hour’s drive from Victoria Falls
• Within the Zambezi National Park on the banks of the Zambezi River
• Luxurious safari lodge on raised wooden decks with spectacular views of the river
• Fantastic birdlife with many rare species
• Good game viewing but not quite the same concentrations as Hwange, Mana or Chobe
• Various water and land activities offered at the camp
• Great for those who want to combine seeing Victoria Falls with a safari experience
• Packages available with sister lodges in Hwange National Park and Victoria Falls
• 8 luxury tents in total
• 2 Double roomed with King size beds
• 6 Twin roomed with two double beds
All rooms have:
• Tea/Coffee making facility
• Ceiling fan
• Mosquito net and repellent
• Mini bar & fridge
• En-suite bathroom with bathtub
• Outdoor shower
• Private viewing deck with dining table and chairs
• Private splash pool
• Stunning location on the banks of the Zambezi River
• Located in the western end of Zambezi National Park which is particularly beautiful
• Extremely luxurious, well designed and positioned
• Various game viewing activities available including drives, walks, canoeing and river cruises
• Only 1 hour game drive from Victoria Falls
• Professionally licensed guides onsite
• Daily transfers are available into Vic Falls town
• Packages available with sister camps for longer stay safaris
For more information and bookings contact : Victoriafalls-guide
20 July 2015