13 February 2014
Who is your Valentine this year?
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below. This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
GENERAL NOTICES –
• SEVEN ELEVEN – Available from Friday morning for that special person you have in mind!!!! Lindt Lindor Milk Balls 200g, Lindt Lindor Heart Trio 40g and Ferrero Rocher Chocolates in assorted sizes!!!! If not for your special one then just for YOU!!!!
• MAKUWA KUWA RESTAURANT – VICTORIA FALLS SAFARI LODGE – Buy your flowers, and hold your special ones’ hand. Give all your hours, If you have the chance. Make this Valentine’s day special. MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant, With a romantic dinner for two, Over the most spectacular view.
5 course a la carte menu
$35 per person
Complimentary glass of wine and roses.
14th February, MaKuwa-Kuwa Restaurant, Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. To make a reservation please call 013 43214
• WIDENCY UPHOLSTRY CENTRE – VIC FALLS – Manufacturers and distributors of canvas, PVC tarpaulin , and leather products and upholstering of motor vehicle seats office and household furniture, hotels and lodges soft furnishings. Contact us on 00263773000888/9 email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to 82 pioneer road Vic Falls
• WANTED – WOODED BABY COT – Looking for a beautiful wooden bed cot for baby on the way. Please call Cheryl on 0771401968. Thanks
• LOOKING FOR A BIRD AVIARY – If you have a second hand bird aviary that you looking to get rid of or sell, please contact me on 077 563 8860
• GAME DRIVE VEHICLE FOR SALE – Make : Nissan Safari, Model : 2.7 Diesel, Year : 1996 – Low Mileage, needs tyres. To view at Karrasellos, Only serious offers, Please phone Des on 0772243010
• VEHICLE FOR HIRE – Neat nissan march available for hire more details 07337551919
• MARS -ADVANCED ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY CARE COURSE – Will be holding a five day ADVANCED ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY CARE COURSE. Date:24-28 FEB 2014, Time: 0800hrs to 1630hrs, Venue: MARS BASE. Enquiries:Tel 42268 /44764 0772 235 621 /0715412286 NB: Places are booked by payment.
• MARS – BASIC ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY CARE COURSE. – Will be holding a two day BASIC ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY CARE COURSE. Date:20 – 21 FEB 2014, Time: 0800hrs to 1630hrs. Venue: MARS BASE. Enquiries:Tel 42268 /44764. 0772 235621 /0715 412286. NB: Places are booked by payment.
• KASANE COMPUTERS – BOTSWANA –
ORIGINAL LEXMARK INK CARTRIDGES for $1 each
These are original unopened ink cartridges, no longer in general demand.
Lexmark No 31 colour
Lexmark No 82 black
Lexmark No 83 colour
2 x SAMSUNG TONER – SCX-4216D3 – going for $20 – actual value is over $100 each!
Original and unopened, for use in the following printers:
SCX-4016, 4116, 4214, 4216,
SF-560, 565, 750, 755
ORIGINAL EXPIRED HP CARTRIDGES TO GIVE AWAY
If anybody can use the following cartridges, please come and get them from us for free- otherwise we have to throw them away! (Often, expired inks still work, but we do not sell them if past the recommended date).
HP 136 colour (original- unopened)
HP 57 colour (original – unopened)
HP 56 black (refilled cartridge – still sealed)
VARIOUS CABLES – reduced to $1 each
DVI to RCA cables
DVI to HDMI cables
To find out more about these and many other products, please contact us: email@example.com, Tel: +267 6252312
• ASSISTANCE TO FLOOD VICTIMS IN THE TOKWE MUKORSI BASIN – Dear All,
We are appealing to the community of Victoria Falls to assist in raising funds to assist flood victims in the Tokwe Mukorsi Basin area. There is a real threat of the dam wall collapsing anytime due to the excessive rains in the area and there is a need to evacuate and relocate the communities that are at risk. Here is an opportunity for our wonderful community to stand up and assist our fellow countrymen/women at this crucial time. We have rallied together in the past to raise funds for a number of initiatives and we believe this is a noble cause which will help to save the lives of many people.
We are thankful for some local companies that have already made donations. Anne Taggart and Claire Wright will be setting up collection bins at various points in the town and your help would be appreciated. We are looking to get a centralised account so that funds are accounted for and passed on to the relevant people. Many of you know Clive Stockhill from the lowveld and he is spearheading attempts to raise funds. Should you wish to assist via this platform, please send an e-mail and you will be given the necessary details. No amount is too small and when we work together we can achieve much!
Have a pleasant day, Yvonne Jandles
• VACANCIES AVAILABLE – A leading tourism operator in Victoria Falls seeks to interview qualified candidates for the following positions:
1) Waiters – Young energetic, at least two years experience and formal training, o’ level education and a good command of the English language and any other international language an advantage.
2) Chefs – A hotel & catering Diploma and minimum two years experience in a high class busy restaurant, a passion for the kitchen, ability to develop and cost menus, lead other kitchen staff, and able to
communicate at all levels.
3) Barman – An experienced barman with more than two years experience, young and energetic, above average numeracy, good communicator, able to make cocktails, O’level education and formal training on the
job, and experience in a busy high class bar, and computer literacy.
4) Porters – Previous experience as both a kitchen and bar porter, honesty, ability to remain smiling even under pressure and a zeal to succeed.
If you are interested in any of the above positions please send resume and copies of qualification certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O Box 125 Victoria Falls, to reach us no later than 20th February 2014.
• KHANONDO SAFARIS & TOURS – PRESENTS – ”LUV IS IN THE AIR” – SPECIAL VALENTINE DINNER CRUISE AT $35PP ONLY!!!! Enjoy a special “luv is in the air” dinner cruise with that special someone on the mighty Zambezi river aboard the magnificent KING LOBENGULA III cruise boat. Embrace the evening with an enchanting and tantalising 3 course meal whilst sipping your favourite beverage with your loved one. Time 5pm to 7pm Book now until 1400hrs on the 14th of February Please note that the price excludes national parks fees which are $5pp for locals and $10pp for internationals.
• VICTORIA FALLS RAINBOW HOTEL – Love is under the Rainbow this Valentines Day at Victoria Falls Rainbow Hotel. $50* Room Only Per Couple
Valentine’s Candle Lit Dinner, 4 Course Menu $40 per couple with soft and romantic music in the background
• Date: 14 February 2014
• Venue: Poolside
• Victoria Falls Rainbow Hotel
• Prize for the best dressed couple !!!
• SHEARWATER VALENTINE CRUISE SPECIAL – Share golden moments with your loved ones on our Shearwater Sunset Valentine Boat Cruise – and enjoy a lifetime experience of sheer Valentine bliss on the romantic Zambezi River.
Love is in the air…
$60 per couple excluding park fees. This package includes the Sunset Boat Cruise, beverages, snacks, and something for the ladies plus a special Valentine Chocolate Truffle – Compliments of Chef Wes of
our famous Rainforest Café.
Additionally all on board will enjoy the Captain’s Special Lovers Cocktail and take with them a free personalised photo album with cherished cruise moments.
Come dressed in Valentine colours. For bookings contact Shearwater Reservations on:
Telephone : +263 1344471
VALENTINE’S SPECIAL – Red heart shaped velvet cakes at $15. Order 24hrs earlier on 0776766184 or 0776937342
• AZAMBEZI RIVER LODGE VALENTINES GETAWAY PACKAGE
This Valentine’s- day, show your loved one you care with a night of relaxation, sensuality and indulgence. Book an escape for two at Azambezi River Lodge complete with lovely details to make your stay
• Alcoholic or non-alcoholic cocktail on arrival
• Dinner at $50 per couple (4 course menu)
• Bottle of Champagne
• 2 nights’ accommodation @$220 Double DBB
• Chocolates and roses at turn down
• Sunrise breakfast by the river
• Lunch/Sunset cruise
• Best dressed couple
• Best dancing couple
• Longest kiss
• VALENTINES CRUISE – …………..Celebrate St.Valentines Day on February 14, Zambezi Explorer Cruise Company will mark this special event with a choice of a romantic getaway – whats more romantic than a moonlight cruise on Valentine’s Day?
Zambezi Reflections – “The Intimate” Moonlight Dinner Cruise, This special cruise includes
• Chocolates for the special lady as we board Reflections
• 3-hour Cruise on the mighty Zambezi- sunset and moonlight
• 4 – course sit down dinner
• Private table
• A Red rose for each couple
Pick Up 17h00 – Departure 17h30-Return 20h30, Per couple – US$ 160.00
Zambezi Explorer – “The Love Boat” Sunset Cruise, This special cruise includes
• Chocolates for the special lady as we board the Explorer
• 2-hour Cruise on the mighty Zambezi
• Enjoy cocktails served with delectable hors d’oeuvres
• A Red rose for each couple
• Romantic music
Pick Up 16h00 – Departure 16h30-Return 18h30, Per couple – US$ 130.00 for luxury deck & US$ 180.00 for signature deck (limited seats available), For bookings contact : Zambezi Explorer
Cruise Company + 263 13 44453; email : email@example.com
• HOUSE OR COTTAGE WANTED TO RENT – Looking for small cottage or 2 bedroomed house. Fenced or walled. Please contact 0775 901 064
• POSITION AVAILABLE – A vacancy has arisen within the Marketing department of Wild Horizons. The incumbent will be responsible for the PR and online marketing of the company, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer. The duties will include;
To assist with the design, content and layout of all brochure material.
To update and maintain all promotional material including CD’s, Agents manuals, MO’s and Fact sheets.
Manage the WH Social media pages.
Assist with design and content on all websites, newsletters and newsflashes
Create editorials for newspaper / magazine articles
Design adverts for print and online publications
Arrange media trips and media packs.
Prospective agents should;
Have a minimum of 5 years experience in the tourism industry, in a position similar to that being advertised.
Have an excellent command of English.
Have a University degree in Graphic design.
Have experience in photography and videography, post production and editing
Have experience in copywriting and interpretation.
Be willing to travel.
Be team player
Interested individuals who meet the requirements can make contact with Shane on firstname.lastname@example.org or Nevison on email@example.com
• THE VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL – VACANCY – BARMAN – Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Barman based at The Victoria Falls Hotel.
• To provide service in the bar
• Receipt all transactions
• Collect payments
• Account for all bar stocks
The following are the essential pre- requisites:
• Minimum of 5 O levels
• At least 2 -3 years’ experience in Food and Beverage bars
• Sound working knowledge of bar operations, beverage types and an assortment of cocktails
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Very well groomed and presentable
• High customer focus
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested persons should send their applications and detailed CV’s no later than 21 February 2014 to The Human Resources Manager via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or The Victoria Falls Hotel,
P O Box 10, Victoria Falls
• INTERNS NEEDED – Applications are invited from suitably-qualified students who are studying either Tourism , Hospitality and/or Food catering studies from a recognised tertiary institution in Zimbabwe .The suitable candidates should be passionate and be fully committed to their field of study ,they should also be prepared to do their internships at facilities located in bush environments. Applications to be sent by post to :Internship ,P.O.Box 184 ,Victoria Falls OR E-mail : email@example.com N.B –Limited places available so hurry with your applications.
• OUTSPAN BUTCHERY – For your convenience, we have opened an outlet in the Landela Centre, shop number 23 (Vegie Mart). We will be open from 9 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week. We have stocked a wide range of our products so if you have forgotten to stock up for that all important braai on Saturday or Sunday, we’ve got it for you. New products in stock:
Garfunkels bacon – 250 g $3.00 each – 500 g $5.60 each
Garfunkels smoked chicken breasts – $14.00 per kg
Garfunkels smoked beef – $15.80 per kg
Garfunkels polony, French and Garlic – $6.80 per kg
Garfunkels pressed tongue – $15.85 per kg
• TAX SEMINAR – Budget 2014: Tax implications. Tax Highlights of the National Budget. Vat Implementation:2014. Current Tax Development & issues. Tax Audits by Zimra, How can you be prepared to Handle Audit without being Burnt. General Compliances adherences. Importance of Compliance to Tax Laws, Refresh yourself on Tax Laws, Simple Tax Computation, How to put your house in order, How to be always prepared for Zimra Audits. Venue Pamusha Lodge 20th of February 2014, Time 9:00 – 1:00pm, Cost $35US Per Delegate Inclusive of Lunch. Booking in Progress at Hofstra, 0775-729-299, firstname.lastname@example.org . Come in person to Office # 273 Elephant Walk Victoria Falls Register now, limited Space. Special Offer for February Private Business Corporations (PBC) Now Sold @ $50 only. Shelf Companies (Private Limited Companies) Now Sold @ $275.
• OPEN FOR BOOKINGS – GREYHOUND – Greyhound & Citiliner’s Victoria Falls Office is now OPEN at Landela Complex – opposite main entrance to the Municipality offices. Pop in today for a chat with Yamu, Ruth and Charlene and get to know our many special fares to and within South Africa. Hwange & Vic Falls residents – take advantage of our Ecocash payment facility to secure your coach tickets from Hwange! Discounts on children, students and senior citizens.
Call: In person : Landela Complex (Dirt road shop)
Landline : 013 46067
Hotline : 0782355622
Yamu : 0775728061
Ruth : 0775998761
Greyhound & Citiliner – The people’s choice