“Vic Falls News”
19 December 2013
Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling !
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below. This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
GENERAL NOTICES –
- ADVERTS –Please be advised that the adverts remain the same during the holidays except the next 2 Tuesday adverts will be run on the Monday (this being Monday 23rd and Monday 30th). I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful beginning of 2014. Thank you all for your wonderful support.
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS – Beatie and her family are appealing for assistance with transport on the below evenings. They are trying to get some of the Elderly and Orphans to come and experience a little bit of the Christmas spirit. They have also arrange some prezzies for the younger children. Please if you can help in anyway, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pass on your details to them.
Ø Monday 23rd Dec – A Bus for 20 Old Age People from the Old Age Home
Ø Monday 23rd Dec – A bus to transport 20 of the smaller children
Ø Tuesday 24th Dec – 2 x 20 Seater busses, we have 55 children to collect.
Any assistance would be very much appreciated!!! This busses would only be needed for about an hour each night. Please if you are able to help, it will help bring a little joy to the young and old……Thank you!!
- BULAWAYO BOYS BOARDING HOUSE – Parents of young men attending CBC or Petra High School, or interested in sending their sons to the abovementioned schools, and need boarding facilities, Please contact The Manager on Byo 61190 (bus) 0712 203 401 or email email@example.com for more information. Our aim is to give the boys a comfortable, homely environment. The House is situated 4.2km from CBC and 6.1km from Petra High School. Full Board & Transport Supplied
- YARD SALE – Saturday the 21st of December at 511 Jacaranda Crescent from 10 am to 2 pm. A wide variety of household goods for sale including: Baby High Chair, Portable Baby Chair, Travel Cot, Fridge, Stove, Beds, Lounge Furniture, Kitchen Goods and Clothes. Contact Mike on 0773 462 790
- HOUSE CONTENTS SALE –We still have a few small items left and will have another sale in January, where we will be selling bits of pieces we are still using: such as bedding, curtains, kitchen crockery and cutlery and much more for real cheap! We just have this left of our bigger items. Please contact me if you are interested on 0772401686.
Wetherlys Plasma TV unit – $380
Wetherlys Bed head – $280
Wetherlys Side tables (2) – $280
- ICE FOR SALE @ THE CROC FARM – Holiday Special Ice for sale at Croc Ranch. $2.50 for a 7kgs bag. Please call 44485, 0712418857.
- VEHICLE FOR SALE – Toyota Regius for sale 1997 model, Engine needs attention Please phone 0772323011 or 0772226281
- VEHICLE FOR SALE – Nissan Presage 1998, 7 seater ,4k negotiable contact 0773540115
- THUNDERCLOUD SPUR AND PANAROTTIS – VICTORIA FALLS – TO ALL OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS,
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL IN HOUSE SPECIALS WILL BE SUSPENDED AS FROM THE 22ND OF DECEMBER 2013 UP TO THE 5TH OF JANUARY 2013.
WE WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCES THAT MIGHT ARISE DUE TO THE ABOVE BUT WE ASSURE YOU THE BEST OF CULINARY SERVICE DURING THIS
FESTIVE PERIOD AS OUR RESTAURANTS WILL BE OPEN AS USUAL.
OUR MANAGEMENT AND STAFF WISHES YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.
- PARTY WORLD – Something exciting that will keep the kids on their toes – Available For Hire: Jumping castles, Water slides, Trampoline, Portable toddler pools, Water guns, Face masks e.t.c – Planning your kid’s next birthday party, school functions, charity events, or a memorable christmas has never been this easy!!! Contact: 0713 903 651/0772 897 816/0772 220 002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAYOR’S CHEER FUND 2014 LAUNCH – His Worship The Mayor, Councillor Sifiso Mpofu, takes the pleasure to invite the company of All Stakeholders (Business community and members of the community) To the Mayor’s Cheer Fund
Venue: Council Board Room
Date: Friday 20 December 2013
Your attendance in this important function will be highly appreciated. Dress Code: Smart Casual. Please bring your Donations in cash or kind
- ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE – 3 Bedroomed house available from January 2013 on Courtney Selous Ave. Please call me on 0772406 373
- ACCOMMODATION WANTED – Accommodation wanted 2 /3 room cottage or bachelor flat wanted , please contact Mike on 0774308720
- FOR SALE – Sony TV on a glass stand,with a Dstv decoder,and sat dish $250
2 Plate stove and oven. $50.
Bread maker. $100
Electric frying pan. $10
4×4 double push chair. $150
4×4 Camping trailer,beautifully kitted
with tents,double bed mattresses
Deep-freezers,inverter,gas bottles,& more.$5000.00
To view,please phone:- Phone 0712747306
- KIDS HOLIDAY CAMP –Dates: Tuesday 17th – Thursday 19th December
Time: 8am – 11am daily
Venue: Jacaranda Montessori
Ages: 3-12 Years
Activities: Dance Lessons, Arts and Crafts and Cooking delicious and fabulous things.
Price: $10 per day and siblings half price.
Lots of fun and silliness to be had!! Come and play 🙂
Please contact Kim: 0771950345 or Shay: 0771779842 to book your spot.
- RYAN KORIYA IN TOWN FOR BOOKINGS TILL MARCH 2014 – Our homegrown international singer-songwriter has returned to Vic Falls after successfully touring to 9 countries over 4 different continents over this past year in support of his London’s Burning EP which he completed and launched right here in the Falls. Ryan is available for bookings between now and Feb/March 2014 before returning on the road to tour his new release. World class acoustic alt.rock/pop covers and originals perfect for background/dinner entertainment. The sound of home away from home for your international clients too. A diverse selection of tunes by Coldplay, U2, Rihanna, Daft Punk, Seal, Sting, Bob Marley, Moody Blues, Bob Dylan, Ben Howard, Bon Iver, Chili Peppers, Macklemore and many more spanning across from the golden oldies to the current hits. Give Ryan a holler on +263782384113 or email@example.com
- COTTAGE LONG TERM TO RENT – Looking for a cottage in Victoria Falls. If possible starting by january 2014. Needed to be at least 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 livingroom. Also interested if there are 2 bedrooms. Please contact Mía: 0775639651.
- BAOBAB LANGUAGES – Offers German and French for everyone! Polish up your French for your O Level! Come and see us on our open day on Saturday, 21.Dec., from 3-6 pm. Where ? Second floor at the medical center, next to OK. Or contact us : 0773 000263 or mail us : firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAR RENTAL FOR THE HOLIDAY PERIOD – TOYOTA CORSA SEATS 4, TOYOTA IPSUM SEATS 7, I HAVE THESE CARS AVAILABLE TO HIRE CALL ME ON
- VEHICLE FOR SALE – ALSO FOR SALE MAZDA 5 SEATS 7, TRIP TRONIC GEAR BOX HIGHEST CASH OFFER. CALL ME ON 0772406 373
- GREENLAND FRUITERERS – for all your festive greens this time of the year, visit us or call us for deliveries at stand number 83 Pioneer Road, Victoria Falls. Contact our sales team on +263 13 45004/5, Cell +263 712 597415.
“iHeavy Heavy Christmas Special”.
– Potatoes 1kg
– Tomatoes 1kg
– Carrots 1kg
– E/Cucumber 2hds
– Butternut 1kg
– Apples 1kg
– Green Pepper 1kg
– Onions 1kg
– Eggs ½ dozen
ALL THIS FOR JUST $10.00, GO GREEN WITH GREENLAND THIS FESTIVE SEASON. PROMOTION RUNS FROM 17TH OF DECEMBER 2013 UP TO THE 5TH OF JANUARY 2014.
- LEATHERMAN TOOLS FROM TRADEPOWER VICTORIA FALLS –Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls and get yourself, or a loved one the ultimate pocket tool, a Leatherman pocket knife. Invest in a Leatherman multi function pocket knife and you will have a mini tool kit with you at all times. We have in stock 5 different types and more available on request. Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- ICE SALES – Ice always available at Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls – 7kg bag for $2-50. Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0712 587 123/0774 022 312. Please visit our modern wholesale warehouse, where service to you will be a pleasure.
- FREE PARCEL SERVICE – Tradepower (Pvt) Ltd would like to introduce our new service to the community of Victoria Falls. We will be offering a free parcel service between Victoria Falls and Bulawayo for parcels under 5kg in weight. We do however stress that we will not accept perishable products and household goods or anything weighing over 5kgs and also no important or time sensitive parcels with all parcels being sealed and particulars of the sender and receiver being clearly labeled. Parcels may be dropped off at our Vic Falls branch and collected from the Bulawayo offices at 20 Khami Road from Mr J Daya. We will not be able to offer any delivery service within Bulawayo or Victoria Falls so all goods are to be collected from the relevant branches offices. Parcels in Bulawayo must be delivered to 20 Khami rd opp National blankets 1.5 km from main post office for the attention of Mr J Daya
- SHADE CLOTH – Black and Green shade cloth available in 40% and 80% shade settings from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Ideal for use at home for putting over your veg gardens and even carports. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- TARPAULINS – Good quality PVC Tarpaulins are now available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Available in many different sizes. Pop in at our warehouse and have a look!! Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- CADAC COMBO SPECIAL – Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls and see the CADAC COMBO SPECIAL where you purchase a 2 plate gas stove and a 3kg gas cylinder and receive a FREE CADAC 25ltr cooler box all for just U$155 Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- CHRISTMAS HAMPERS – Place your orders for a Christmas hamper for you to give away to your staff, loved ones, friends and family. Tradepower Victoria Falls will be selling a basic grocery hamper for U$20. Come in and see Neil or Sipho at 439 Miles Road, Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- VERIMARK PRODUCTS NOW AVAILABLE IN VICTORIA FALLS – Tradepower Victoria Falls has in stock the Floorwiz Butterfly Mops and Floorwiz Pro Bucket, Genesis Vacuum Sealer, Bauer Homemaker Cookware Set, Iron Gym, Shogun Peeler, Twista Chopper, I-Play Stunt Racer, Biggi Bubble Gun. Ideal for Christmas presents. Contact Neil Norman on 013 44870/1 or 0712 587 123/0774 022 312.
- CITIMED VICTORIA FALLS – This notice serves to inform you that Citimed Victoria Falls have officially closed their Victoria Falls operation with immediate effect. (07-12-13). The operation of this facility will resume in due course under new management at a date to be advised. For any medical attention please refer to Chinotimba Medical Centre at 5020 Chinotimba, contactable on 013 – 43144 or PSMI Medical Centre situated at 413 Clarke Road, contactable on 013-40513. We sincerely regret any inconveniences caused during this short transition. Best Regards The Nyoni’s
- ZAMBEZI EXPLORER CRUISE COMPANY – CHRISTMAS SPECIAL – Celebrate Christmas with the Zambezi Explorer Cruise Company
Join us on our fantastic Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Lunch Cruises on Zambezi Explorer and the new Zambezi Reflections. Choose a Sunset and Dinner Cruise and be part of the festive
celebrations on board our flagship Zambezi Explorer or relax on a full dinner cruise and check out our new vessel – Zambezi Reflections !! Make it a Christmas to remember by cruising on the mighty Zambezi
with your closest family and friends, relaxing and taking advantage of the serene atmosphere.
The cruise will feature our delicious festive menu with offerings such as traditional roasted Turkey or Zambezi Bream Fillet, honey glazed gammon ham and other delicacies supported by our dedicated crew.
24 December – Christmas Eve Sunset Cruise with dinner onboard at the jetty $100 Full 3 course dinner featuring an awesome Christmas Buffet main.
25 December – Christmas Day Lunch Cruise from $60 for a plated 3 course meal
24 & 25 December – Christmas Eve Dinner Cruise or Christmas Day Lunch Cruise ( 3 hours ) US$ 80.00 per person. This is includes an awesome 3 course Christmas buffet as well as a selection of beverages.
- Rates are inclusive of river usage park fees.
Reservations Contact : + 263 13 44453 OR 42475, Cellphone + 263 777892937 www.zambeziexplorer.com
Cruise the River in Luxury onboard the Zambezi Explorer Cruise Company
- ELEPHANT HILLS RESORT CHRISTMAS FAIR – Introducing the first ever Elephant Hills Christmas Fair. Members of the community and business owners are invited to be a part of the Elephant Hills Fair by setting up stands in which to sell their wares and services. This will be on the 27th December 2013. Stand owners can be as creative as they would like. This is an opportunity to market your wares and realize sales as members of the community and guests will be attending the fair. Activities will include a jumping castle, slip and slide and tractor rides for the kids and lots more entertainment. Individuals will be charged USD10 to book for a stand and companies will be charged USD50. For more information contact: Michelle on 0782 799 061 / (013 44793-9) Bongani 0778 287 308
- CARPETS WANTED – I’m looking to purchase two carpets in either beige/sandy/rust/light brown, preferably plain and not patterned. Dimensions – 6m x 7m and 8m x 6m. Please whatsapp picture to 0712-611-455
- HP CARTRIDGES FOR SALE –Can you do us an advert we are selling HP toner catridges in stock ( HP 80A, 05A, 85A, 49A,35A,36A,12A,78A,53A,15A) from as low as USD 85
Samsung galaxy s4 original 650usd.
Computers sales and repair
E1, 1st floor, Phumula center, Victoria Falls
Contact 0772 719088 and 0712 764 954 and 013 42974
- LE CROISSANT – TOP QUALITY OVEN READY CROISSANTS –Frozen oven ready croissants are the convenient breakfast, brunch, tea time or snack solution for hotels, lodges and home use.
Croissants are sold in packets of 12 large or 24/36 small croissants.
The following range is available:
- · Butter Croissants – the original, light and flaky. Available in packs 24/36 small & 12 large
- · Herb Croissants – made with a herb mix and garlic for the ultimate sandwich. Available in packs of 12 large only.
- · Chocolate Croissants – with dark chocolate in the centre. An all time favourite! Available in small, packs of 24/36.
- · Country Croissants – made with brown flower & sprinkled with a seed mix for extra flavour. Available in packs of 24/36 small.
- · Country/Choc Croissants – a country croissant with a difference! Available in packs of 24/36 small.
- · Standard Puff Pastry & Butter Puff Pastry – great for pies, sausage rolls, vol au vents, Danishes etc. – sold per kg.
For orders / prices or further information please contact Rolf or Ali Steiner at 0712 405 872 / 013- 41590 or drop us an email at email@example.com
- 2013 JAMESON VIC FALLS CARNIVAL – NEW YEAR’S EXTRAVAGANZE – The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival , billed as the once-in-a-lifetime three-day New Year’s Eve spectacular held at the majestic Vic Falls, returns for its second year: bigger, louder and more fun.
The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is the perfect balance of musical and performance talent, spectacular natural scenery and adventure activities at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and will offer partygoers the
opportunity to enjoy the entertainment and adventure activities in the breathtakingly beautiful surrounds of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A sensational line-up of musicians and artists hailing from
Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, and Namibia has been confirmed.
Organisers are expecting revelers to attend from all Southern African countries and have partnered with tour operators to offer a package for everyone attending the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival.
Just Jinger, Flash Republic, Jeremy Loops, Mokoomba, December Streets, ISO, Shortstraw, DJ Chris Taylor, Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, Raydizz, Liver, Chikwata 263, Rax, DJ Cmbaville, Judgement Yard, DJ
Francis, Jason le Roux, DJ Ace da Bass
In addition to the fantastic musical centerpiece, Jameson invites this year’s visitors to savour a packed programme of activities. This includes the Steam Train Party Express – an original party voyage with a world-
class DJ on board that will transport party-lovers to a secret bush location for a 5 hour set. Eco-friendly initiatives such as an eco-village, tree planting and recycling community projects, and a huge choice of
adrenaline activities such as bungee jumping, elephant safari and white water rafting. Jameson has pulled out all the stops to create a non-stop carnival playground for a truly unique New Years’ experience with
acrobatics, contortionists, burlesque dancers, fire performers and illusionists.
Tickets sales are open for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival and range from single-day entry to VIP two-day passes. All tickets for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival are available through www.webtickets.co.za and are
priced as follows:
Single-day entry: US$45 (R400)
Two-day pass: US$55 (R550)
Three-day pass: (29-31 Dec, limited to 400): US$80 (R800)
VIP single day pass: US$70 (R700)
VIP two-day pass (30-31 Dec, limited to 500 in VIP area): US$100 (R1000)
Tickets can also be purchased from Love for Africa. Their contact numbers are as follows: +236 13 46004/5
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamesonVicFallsCarnival?ref=hl
Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is another epic Seed Experience event. www.weareseed.co.za
Mobile (SA): +27768586801
Mobile (Zimbabwe): +263779555505
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
Seed Experiences is the award-winning agency behind South Africa’s top festivals such as Rocking the Daisies, Sowing the Seeds, Vodacom In the City and the We Are One Colour Festival. The
company also produces 5Gum’s exclusive events as well as the digital industry’s Bookmarks Awards; and will be hosting the Vic Falls Carnival in Zimbabwe this New Year’s Eve.
Accolades include: Winner – Climate Change Leadership Award in the Small to Medium Business Category (2009 and 2010); Winner – Eco-Logic Award for Climate Change (2011); Finalist – Eco-
Logic Award in Transport (2011); Finalist – Mail and Guardian Future Greening Awards (2012); Finalist in the Bookmarks Awards (2012); nominated in the ‘Best Music Festival’ category for the MK
Awards (2012); awarded the Highly Commended A Greener Festival Award (2012); Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Transport (2012) and Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Recycling (2012).