“Vic Falls News”
10 December 2013
A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you’re at home.
Tip of the week:
It is due to excessive air pollution and global warming that the entire eco system is negatively affected today. With a little change in your daily lifestyle, you can definitely help to protect the entire planet with its ecosystem in a healthier way.
(The tip of the week is kindly sent in by the Victoria Falls Green Fund)
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below. This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
GENERAL NOTICES –
• “OLDIES” CHRISTMAS BOX – A huge thank you to everyone who donated towards our “Oldies” Christmas box. We packed and delivered a wonderful box of goodies on Saturday. Every one who received sent you all their thanks and they wish you all a happy Christmas!!! Thank to everyone who has helped us each month, you really do make a difference in our “Oldies” lives…..
• ADVERTS – Please note there will be no adverts on Thursday the 12th December. Adverts will continue as normal next week, When paying your donation for your advert please do state the name of the person advertising or the subject of the email. It is simpler to link your donation to your advert. Many thanks for all your support in the adverts.
• CHRISTMAS LIGHTS – Hi everyone, Beatie and her wonderful family would like to advise the community that from this Sunday the 15th December until Christmas Eve the Christmas lights will be switched on at her house. Drive to the top of Reynard Road and you will see her house on the right……You can not miss it. There will be a donation box for a little thank you to her for bringing this wonderful sight to Vic Falls. SO bring all your family and friends to see!!! It is truly amazing to see!!!
• THANK YOU TO THE VIC FALLS COMMUNITY – THE GENEROSITY OF THE VICTORIA FALLS COMMUNITY HAS BEEN OVERWHELMING. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR HELPING STAN PULLEN IN SO MANY WAYS. YOUR SUPPORT IS VALUED AND APPRECIATED. $5716 HAS BEEN RAISED.
THANK YOU ESPECIALLY TO THE LADIES WHO SOLD RAFFLE TICKETS
ANNIE OGILVIE – who perservered, pushed and never relented. She is a champion – a real winner – with a VERY BIG HEART.
CLAIRE DU PREEZ
DYNELLE SMITH in Bulawayo
GRATITIUDE AND THANKS TO ALL THE SPONSORS
VIC FALLS SAFARI LODGE
SHERLANGA FISHING SAFARIS
CRESTA SPRAYVIEW HOTEL
VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL
THE ZAMBEZI EXPLORER
RAIN FOREST CAFE
ZIMBABWE WILDERNESS SAFARIS
THE CROCODILE FARM
VIC FALLS REST CAMP
SEVEN ELEVEN for the Christmas Hamper
EDWINA AND NEIL NORMAN
JONO HUDSON & THE GOLF CLUB.
LASTLY A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THE
BOAT CLUB FOR THE VENUE
MEL DEWDNEY FOR HER FOOD DONATION
MAGS VARLEY FOR DRAWING THE RAFFLE
DJ FRANCIS FOR DONATING THE MUSIC
AND THE ONE AND ONLY NASH – OUR MC AND AUCTIONEER.
WISHING YOU ALL A BLESSED CHRISTMAS SEASON FROM MEL CRAWFORD
• LEATHERMAN TOOLS FROM TRADEPOWER VICTORIA FALLS – Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls and get yourself, or a loved one the ultimate pocket tool, a Leatherman pocket knife. Invest in a Leatherman multi function pocket knife and you will have a mini tool kit with you at all times. We have in stock 5 different types and more available on request. Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
• XMAS DELIGHTS – It’s that time of year again for silliness and indulgence of all kinds….. including those for the taste buds 🙂 Place your orders for mince pies, mouth watering cheese cakes and other delights and delicacies. Yummy yummy things to be had – and delivered to your door with love 🙂 Please contact Kim: 44477/ 0771950345 or Shay: 0771779842
• SEEKING EMPLOYMENT – ANTONIUS CHIGWADA – I’m a competent and highly motivated individual, with a vast experience in various sectors of the economy. A self starter with great annalistic capabilities has a great desire for research, prepared to put in long hours to archive targets and goals. As a business developer (consultant) has documented a leadership training module for executives and management. A firm believer of the Christian faith and principles. My core qualifications are Private Pilot License and Casino Croupier. For more information please contact me on Cell: +263 712 268 588, +263 772 730 148. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• HIGHEST TEC DIGITAL ABOVE OK SUPERMARKET OFFERS THE FOLLOWING:
– PHOTO Printing special: postcard size $0.50c: Enlarge A5 size $1.50: Enlarge A4 size $2.50
– A3 Color copying and Printing. A4 sizes start from $0.50c: A3 sizes start from $1.50:
– Computer Services; Virus removal, Genuine Antivirus Installations; Office 2007-2010-2013 installations
– Apple Computers Services
– Offering E-mail services: @yourcompany.co.zw. All services & advice pertaining to domain registrations etc
– Laptops, Computer, printers and accessories available to order
– All photocopying; typing, Laminating, faxing, Book Binding, e-mailing services available
AND all document scanning done. Up to a A3 maximum size. Scan and save & scan to e-mail Come to our Business Center Above OK Supermarket – Office No. 43103
• ICE SALES – Ice always available at Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls – 7kg bag for $2-50. Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0712 587 123/0774 022 312. Please visit our modern wholesale warehouse, where service to you will be a pleasure.
• HOUSE WANTED TO RENT – Dean and Nicole Dewdney are looking for a house or cottage to rent A.S.A.P Please phone Dean 0773364890 or e mail email@example.com or Nicole 0772619007 firstname.lastname@example.org
• VACCANCY FOR HAIRDRESSER – Vine beauty Spa is looking for a hairdresser
with experience for both black and white hair. Kindly send your CVs at Vine beaury Spa, Kingdom Hotel. For more enquiries , please call on 0774 817 611.
• FREE PARCEL SERVICE – Tradepower (Pvt) Ltd would like to introduce our new service to the community of Victoria Falls. We will be offering a free parcel service between Victoria Falls and Bulawayo for parcels under 5kg in weight. We do however stress that we will not accept perishable products and household goods or anything weighing over 5kgs and also no important or time sensitive parcels with all parcels being sealed and particulars of the sender and receiver being clearly labeled. Parcels may be dropped off at our Vic Falls branch and collected from the Bulawayo offices at 20 Khami Road from Mr J Daya. We will not be able to offer any delivery service within Bulawayo or Victoria Falls so all goods are to be collected from the relevant branches offices. Parcels in Bulawayo must be delivered to 20 Khami rd opp National blankets 1.5 km from main post office for the attention of Mr J Daya
• CAR AVAILABLE FOR HIRE
Make : Toyota Nadia
Model : 2.0 Petrol
Year : 1996
Drive: 4 Wheel Drive
Seats: 5 Seater
Trans : Automatic
Contact 0772 692020 and 0715 961 181 and 013 46093
• HOUSE TO RENT IN CHINOTIMBA – Four Roomed House to rent in Chinotimba, available from the 1st January 2014 Call: 0712046293 or 0714328868.
• SHADE CLOTH – Black and Green shade cloth available in 40% and 80% shade settings from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Ideal for use at home for putting over your veg gardens and even carports. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
• TARPAULINS – Good quality PVC Tarpaulins are now available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Available in many different sizes. Pop in at our warehouse and have a look!! Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
• CADAC COMBO SPECIAL – Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls and see the CADAC COMBO SPECIAL where you purchase a 2 plate gas stove and a 3kg gas cylinder and receive a FREE CADAC 25ltr cooler box all for just U$155 Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
• CHRISTMAS HAMPERS – Place your orders for a Christmas hamper for you to give away to your staff, loved ones, friends and family. Tradepower Victoria Falls will be selling a basic grocery hamper for U$20. Come in and see Neil or Sipho at 439 Miles Road, Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
• VERIMARK PRODUCTS NOW AVAILABLE IN VICTORIA FALLS – Tradepower Victoria Falls has in stock the Floorwiz Butterfly Mops and Floorwiz Pro Bucket, Genesis Vacuum Sealer, Bauer Homemaker Cookware Set, Iron Gym, Shogun Peeler, Twista Chopper, I-Play Stunt Racer, Biggi Bubble Gun. Ideal for Christmas presents. Contact Neil Norman on 013 44870/1 or 0712 587 123/0774 022 312.
• CITIMED VICTORIA FALLS – This notice serves to inform you that Citimed Victoria Falls have officially closed their Victoria Falls operation with immediate effect. (07-12-13). The operation of this facility will resume in due course under new management at a date to be advised. For any medical attention please refer to Chinotimba Medical Centre at 5020 Chinotimba, contactable on 013 – 43144 or PSMI Medical Centre situated at 413 Clarke Road, contactable on 013-40513. We sincerely regret any inconveniences caused during this short transition. Best Regards The Nyoni’s
• ZAMBEZI EXPLORER CRUISE COMPANY – CHRISTMAS SPECIAL – Celebrate Christmas with the Zambezi Explorer Cruise Company
Join us on our fantastic Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Lunch Cruises on Zambezi Explorer and the new Zambezi Reflections. Choose a Sunset and Dinner Cruise and be part of the festive
celebrations on board our flagship Zambezi Explorer or relax on a full dinner cruise and check out our new vessel – Zambezi Reflections !! Make it a Christmas to remember by cruising on the mighty Zambezi
with your closest family and friends, relaxing and taking advantage of the serene atmosphere.
The cruise will feature our delicious festive menu with offerings such as traditional roasted Turkey or Zambezi Bream Fillet, honey glazed gammon ham and other delicacies supported by our dedicated crew.
24 December – Christmas Eve Sunset Cruise with dinner onboard at the jetty $100 Full 3 course dinner featuring an awesome Christmas Buffet main.
25 December – Christmas Day Lunch Cruise from $60 for a plated 3 course meal
24 & 25 December – Christmas Eve Dinner Cruise or Christmas Day Lunch Cruise ( 3 hours ) US$ 80.00 per person. This is includes an awesome 3 course Christmas buffet as well as a selection of beverages.
• Rates are inclusive of river usage park fees.
Reservations Contact : + 263 13 44453 OR 42475, Cellphone + 263 777892937 www.zambeziexplorer.com
Cruise the River in Luxury onboard the Zambezi Explorer Cruise Company
• PLANTS & POTS FOR SALE – LOTS of new plants .. ALSO Gwayo pots from tiny to enormous – arrived at Helen’s house, 60 Courtney Selous Crescent – A large variety of shrubs, ground covers, pot plants and aloes, as well as miniature table top Christmas trees. Please only visit Mon – Fri 10.30 am – 1 pm and 2.30 – 4 pm when staff will be available to assist you.
• GARAGE AND HOUSE CONTENTS SALE 399 REYNARD ROAD (Next to Lorries B&B) – SATURDAY 14TH DECEMBER 10AM – 1PM
Mike and Jo Ovens are leaving town and we are selling most of our stuff. We are selling couches, wicker chairs, dining room table, Samsung digital washing machine, flat screen TV, Wetherlys headboard, bedside
tables, coffee table, and bookcase. Baby stuff old and new, full crockery set, kitchen smalls and much much more even the wife, kids and dogs for a reasonable price!
• MAZDA 323 FOR SALE $3,900 Negotiable – Lady driven owner leaving town. In good condition with air con, fuel efficient and very good runner. Call 0772 401 686 to see this beast!
• WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE MORE FUN, FREEDOM & MORE FINANCES IN YOUR LIFE????
• Are you looking for extra cash & residual income outside of your current job? Are you tired of climbing up the corporate ladder & getting no recognition for your hard work. Are you tired of working 6 days a week & when payday comes you’ve barely paid all you bills with nothing left over? Are you motivated & keen to be involved in a NEW global & dynamic company?
• If you answer YES to all of these & want to find out more come to our presentations 3 times a week & I will show you that the sky is the limit! It doesn’t matter what your background is, what your education is or your current role in your job, this opportunity is open to all…..
• Venue – 781 Aerodrome Road the dirt road behind the vic falls primary school
• Days & Times – Tuesday 10th Dec & Thursday 12th Dec 5.45pm registration 6pm start. Bring your spouses & friends!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR SURE!
• If these times & dates below don’t suit you call me to set up an appointment. 0773563068
• CHRISTMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER – be organised this year and order gifts now
Honey Xmas (jewlery, bags, kids backpacks, picture frames, hair bows, lipgloss, pen sets, golf bag kit, makeup brush set, jewlery wrap, manicure set, watches, sunglasses, childrens fluffy toys, mens toolkit, teens
range, pen sets), Honey Dairies 2014 @ $10 each, Tupperware December Specials, Avroy Shlain DecemberSpecials (perfumes, smellies, makeup, nailvarnish), Shzen December Specials (face, hand, feet, hair &
body products), Acorn Kids December Specials (bathtoys, play items & educational fun), Table charm (range of crockery, cutlery, glassware, storage containers, pot & pans), Angels (clothing, shoes, handbags,
supplements, linnen, kitchenware, christian books, jewlery, travel bags, school satchels, makeup)
A wonderful childrens book & colouring book – Rosie the magic african elephant – suitable for ages 7 years and up. Cost $15 each – part of the proceeds go towards childrens orphanages and wildlife
My catalogues are available for anyone to browse thru them overnight or look on the following websites
Avroy Shlain – www.avroyshlain.com
Acornkids – www.acornkids.com
Angels – www.angellifestyle.co.za
Aloe vera – www.foreverliving.com
Honey – www.honeyacc.co.za
Shzen – www.shzen.co.za
Tablecharm – www.tablecharm.co.za
Tupperware – www.tupperware.co.za
To place orders – email me the code & which product & i will advise delivery period & payment terms. All items can be gift wrapped on request. Claire Dupreez email@example.com 0773563068
agent for – Avroy Shlain, Acorn kids, Angels, Anique, Aloe vera, Shzen, Home Furnishers, Honey, Table Charm, Tupperware, Automation Business Forms, Rosie the Elephant & World Ventures
• GAME DRIVE VEHICLE FOR SALE
Make : Nissan Safari
Model : 2.7 Diesel
Year : 1996
Low Mileage, needs tyres.
To view at Karrasellos
Only serious offers Please phone Des on 0772243010
• SEVEN ELEVEN – New arrivals – Nescafe Cappuccino Sachets, Colcom Cocktail Ribs, Country Style Borewors, Horseshoe Hams, Christmas Hams, Vita Snack Rice Crackers, Pringle Crisps, Safari Funky Fruit Sticks, Milky Slab with Jelly Tots Chocolate Bars, Choc Slab with Smarties, Rolo Slab Chocolates. Hurry in and spoil yourselves!!!!
• KIDS HOLIDAY CAMP –
Dates: Tuesday 17th – Thursday 19th December
Time: 8am – 11am
Venue: Jacaranda Montessori
Activities: Dance Lessons, Arts and Crafts and Cooking delicious and fabulous things.
Price: $10 per day and siblings half price.
Lots of fun and silliness to be had!! Come and play 🙂 Please contact Kim: 0771950345 or Shay: 0771779842 to book your spot.
• ELEPHANT HILLS RESORT CHRISTMAS FAIR – Introducing the first ever Elephant Hills Christmas Fair. Members of the community and business owners are invited to be a part of the Elephant Hills Fair by setting up stands in which to sell their wares and services. This will be on the 27th December 2013. Stand owners can be as creative as they would like. This is an opportunity to market your wares and realize sales as members of the community and guests will be attending the fair. Activities will include a jumping castle, slip and slide and tractor rides for the kids and lots more entertainment. Individuals will be charged USD10 to book for a stand and companies will be charged USD50. For more information contact: Michelle on 0782 799 061 / (013 44793-9) Bongani 0778 287 308
• ROSEPET BOOKSHOP has all stationery and textbooks at competitive prices!! – We cater for all levels; from Kindergarten, through Primary, High School up to Tertiary Levels!! Hurry hurry while stocks last. Call in person and see our friendly staff at Shop Number 20 Galleria Building. Call us on landline 013-45088, cell numbers 0776 625 777 or 0715 412 222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: rosepetzim, Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RosepetEnterprises
• ROSEPET DRIVING SCHOOL – Come and book your class 4 driving lesson today. We have the best instructors and vehicles in town. Bookings done at the Rosepet town offices at 20 Galleria Building, Victoria Falls. Right in the CBD for your convenience!! Alternatively you can call us on landline 013-45088, cell numbers 0776 625 777 or 0715 412 222 Email: email@example.com, Skype: rosepetzim, Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RosepetEnterprises
• CARPETS WANTED – I’m looking to purchase two carpets in either beige/sandy/rust/light brown, preferably plain and not patterned. Dimensions – 6m x 7m and 8m x 6m. Please whatsapp picture to 0712-611-455
• CROCODILE FARM – It’s that time of the year again and our baby crocodiles will be hatching in the next week or so, we have already had one nest hatch. Bring your children down to see this wonder of nature where you will be more than welcome to enjoy a complimentary cup of tea or coffee. Our lion Mickey now has two lady friends to keep him company, Lyla and Shadow. Come and see our “new” taxidermy animal display (museum) in the auditorium. From the 1st to 31st December we will offer our Vic Falls locals a “special” rate of $2 per adult and $1 per child.
• HP CARTRIDGES FOR SALE – Can you do us an advert we are selling HP toner catridges in stock ( HP 80A, 05A, 85A, 49A,35A,36A,12A,78A,53A,15A) from as low as USD 85
Samsung galaxy s4 original 650usd.
Computers sales and repair
E1, 1st floor, Phumula center, Victoria Falls
Contact 0772 719088 and 0712 764 954 and 013 42974
• LE CROISSANT – TOP QUALITY OVEN READY CROISSANTS – Frozen oven ready croissants are the convenient breakfast, brunch, tea time or snack solution for hotels, lodges and home use.
Croissants are sold in packets of 12 large or 24/36 small croissants.
The following range is available:
• Butter Croissants – the original, light and flaky. Available in packs 24/36 small & 12 large
• Herb Croissants – made with a herb mix and garlic for the ultimate sandwich. Available in packs of 12 large only.
• Chocolate Croissants – with dark chocolate in the centre. An all time favourite! Available in small, packs of 24/36.
• Country Croissants – made with brown flower & sprinkled with a seed mix for extra flavour. Available in packs of 24/36 small.
• Country/Choc Croissants – a country croissant with a difference! Available in packs of 24/36 small.
• Standard Puff Pastry & Butter Puff Pastry – great for pies, sausage rolls, vol au vents, Danishes etc. – sold per kg.
For orders / prices or further information please contact Rolf or Ali Steiner at 0712 405 872 / 013- 41590 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2013 JAMESON VIC FALLS CARNIVAL – NEW YEAR’S EXTRAVAGANZE – The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival , billed as the once-in-a-lifetime three-day New Year’s Eve spectacular held at the majestic Vic Falls, returns for its second year: bigger, louder and more fun.
The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is the perfect balance of musical and performance talent, spectacular natural scenery and adventure activities at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and will offer partygoers the
opportunity to enjoy the entertainment and adventure activities in the breathtakingly beautiful surrounds of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A sensational line-up of musicians and artists hailing from
Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, and Namibia has been confirmed.
Organisers are expecting revelers to attend from all Southern African countries and have partnered with tour operators to offer a package for everyone attending the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival.
Just Jinger, Flash Republic, Jeremy Loops, Mokoomba, December Streets, ISO, Shortstraw, DJ Chris Taylor, Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, Raydizz, Liver, Chikwata 263, Rax, DJ Cmbaville, Judgement Yard, DJ
Francis, Jason le Roux, DJ Ace da Bass
In addition to the fantastic musical centerpiece, Jameson invites this year’s visitors to savour a packed programme of activities. This includes the Steam Train Party Express – an original party voyage with a world-
class DJ on board that will transport party-lovers to a secret bush location for a 5 hour set. Eco-friendly initiatives such as an eco-village, tree planting and recycling community projects, and a huge choice of
adrenaline activities such as bungee jumping, elephant safari and white water rafting. Jameson has pulled out all the stops to create a non-stop carnival playground for a truly unique New Years’ experience with
acrobatics, contortionists, burlesque dancers, fire performers and illusionists.
Tickets sales are open for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival and range from single-day entry to VIP two-day passes. All tickets for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival are available through www.webtickets.co.za and are
priced as follows:
Single-day entry: US$45 (R400)
Two-day pass: US$55 (R550)
Three-day pass: (29-31 Dec, limited to 400): US$80 (R800)
VIP single day pass: US$70 (R700)
VIP two-day pass (30-31 Dec, limited to 500 in VIP area): US$100 (R1000)
Ticket link: https://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=405171520
Tickets can also be purchased from Love for Africa. Their contact numbers are as follows: +236 13 46004/5
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamesonVicFallsCarnival?ref=hl
Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is another epic Seed Experience event. www.weareseed.co.za
Contacts – Vic Falls Carnival Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile (SA): +27768586801
Mobile (Zimbabwe): +263779555505
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
Seed Experiences is the award-winning agency behind South Africa’s top festivals such as Rocking the Daisies, Sowing the Seeds, Vodacom In the City and the We Are One Colour Festival. The
company also produces 5Gum’s exclusive events as well as the digital industry’s Bookmarks Awards; and will be hosting the Vic Falls Carnival in Zimbabwe this New Year’s Eve.
Accolades include: Winner – Climate Change Leadership Award in the Small to Medium Business Category (2009 and 2010); Winner – Eco-Logic Award for Climate Change (2011); Finalist – Eco-
Logic Award in Transport (2011); Finalist – Mail and Guardian Future Greening Awards (2012); Finalist in the Bookmarks Awards (2012); nominated in the ‘Best Music Festival’ category for the MK
Awards (2012); awarded the Highly Commended A Greener Festival Award (2012); Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Transport (2012) and Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Recycling (2012).