“Vic Falls News”
5 December 2013
If you smile at someone, they might smile back.
Tip of the week:
Run a full dishwasher whenever possible, it uses half or less of the water and energy of washing the same dishes by hand.
(The tip of the week is kindly sent in by the Victoria Falls Green Fund)
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below. This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
GENERAL NOTICES –
• “OLDIES” CHRISTMAS BOX – A season of giving and sharing begins soon and so begins a time when we start collecting for our dear “Oldies”. This food box we pack is a very special one and we try to give our special friends something different and something they can use over this special time of the year. If you have a little something to help put towards this box, we would be most grateful……even a little prezzie to pack in for them would mean a lot to them!!! We will be packing and delivering this weekend.
• ADVERTS – Please note there will be no adverts on Thursday the 12th December. So if you need to advertise anything, please email them for Tuesday the 10th December edition. Adverts will continue as normal the week after. When paying your donation for your advert please do state the name of the person advertising or the subject of the email. It is simpler to link your donation to your advert. Many thanks for all your support in the adverts, please remember all proceeds from the adverts are donated to the “Oldies” food boxes we deliver each month.
• SEVEN ELEVEN – New arrivals – Nescafe Cappuccino Sachets, Colcom Cocktail Ribs, Country Style Borewors, Horseshoe Hams, Christmas Hams, Vita Snack Rice Crackers, Pringle Crisps, Safari Funky Fruit Sticks, Milky Slab with Jelly Tots Chocolate Bars, Choc Slab with Smarties, Rolo Slab Chocolates. Hurry in and spoil yourselves!!!!
• KIDS HOLIDAY GOLF COACHING CLINIC – Please note a change on the contact number – 9.12.13 – 13.12.13 – Juniors and Seniors separate times. $40 for 5 days or $10 per 11/2 hour daily session. Adult private lessons can be booked. Please phone Geraint Jones 0782041066
• KIDS HOLIDAY CAMP –
Dates: Tuesday 17th – Thursday 19th December
Time: 8am – 11am
Venue: Jacaranda Montessori
Activities: Dance Lessons, Arts and Crafts and Cooking delicious and fabulous things.
Price: $10 per day and siblings half price.
Lots of fun and silliness to be had!! Come and play 🙂 Please contact Kim: 0771950345 or Shay: 0771779842 to book your spot.
• STAN PULLEN FUND RAISER – AUCTION; on auction will be the grand prize (very kindly donated by Jono Hudson – Safari Lodge). 2 NIGHTS BED AND BREAKFAST – FOUR PEOPLE – LOKUTHULA LODGE – PLUS – BOMA DINNER FOR FOUR PEOPLE
The party begins: AT 6.00 p.m. – at the BOAT CLUB – Raffle draw date: Friday 6th December; Where: At the Boat Club; Time of Draw: 20 hours (8 p.m.) SHARP. Mags Varley has agreed to do the ~DRAW~. There will be an Auction of certain items, prizes. DJ FRANCIS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE – GOOD VIBES. Supper will be available. ALL CHILDREN. Please bring a toy for the Orphanage, PLUS a decoration for the Christmas Tree. RAFFLE SHEETS. Please will those who have raffle sheets return them to either Melanie Crawford or Annie O before 30th November.
WE: THE STAN PULLEN FUND RAISING COMMITEE TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY OF SAYING: A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THE AMAZING DONATIONS OF
PRIZES AND FOR THE SUPPORT FROM EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU – AMAZING PEOPLE.
• EKHAYA CYCLES BULAWAYO – NO 12 WOLVERHAMPTON ROAD, DONNINGTON, 09-478763
Stockists of all cycle accessories ,bike brands – Scott, Merida, axis, titan and our very own brand Ekhaya Bikes. Large selection of kiddies bikes. Email email@example.com
• FOR SALE – 2 IPOD Shuffles (one pink, one blue) Brand New, Please call 0772212594
• FOR SALE – Second hand wooden kids bunk bed (with one bed on top) and steps shelving underneath Please call 0772212594
• FOR SALE – 1 x Double Bed USD100.00 please call Bronwyn on 0774 336 320
• FOR SALE – NISSAN UD TRUCK, 7 TONNE FOR SALE, INSULATED BOX, GOOD CONDITION, RUNNER AND EASY TO MANTAIN. MILEAGE AT 546030/7. PRICE 12 000 DOLLARS NEGOTIABLE, SERIOUS OFFERS CALL 0774018567, 0777368771,0773742242 0712553184.
• ELEPHANT HILLS RESORT CHRISTMAS FAIR – Introducing the first ever Elephant Hills Christmas Fair. Members of the community and business owners are invited to be a part of the Elephant Hills Fair by setting up stands in which to sell their wares and services. This will be on the 27th December 2013. Stand owners can be as creative as they would like. This is an opportunity to market your wares and realize sales as members of the community and guests will be attending the fair. Activities will include a jumping castle, slip and slide and tractor rides for the kids and lots more entertainment. Individuals will be charged USD10 to book for a stand and companies will be charged USD50. For more information contact: Michelle on 0782 799 061 / (013 44793-9) Bongani 0778 287 308
• ROSEPET BOOKSHOP has all stationery and textbooks at competitive prices!! – We cater for all levels; from Kindergarten, through Primary, High School up to Tertiary Levels!! Hurry hurry while stocks last. Call in person and see our friendly staff at Shop Number 20 Galleria Building. Call us on landline 013-45088, cell numbers 0776 625 777 or 0715 412 222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: rosepetzim, Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RosepetEnterprises
• ROSEPET DRIVING SCHOOL – Come and book your class 4 driving lesson today. We have the best instructors and vehicles in town. Bookings done at the Rosepet town offices at 20 Galleria Building, Victoria Falls. Right in the CBD for your convenience!! Alternatively you can call us on landline 013-45088, cell numbers 0776 625 777 or 0715 412 222 Email: email@example.com, Skype: rosepetzim, Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RosepetEnterprises
• 3D MOVIE THEATER – NOW SHOWING!! – Come and experience the latest movie titles the way it was meant to be seen .At The Kingdom Hotel for ONLY US$5 per person. For more information, contact Guest Services on 44275/9 or 42358. The movies will be shown at the following times, 1100hrs, 1300hrs, 1500hrs, 1700hrs, 1900hrs, 2100hrs and last slot at 2300hrs. Movies last for 2hrs are screened daily and the movie house is located in the Casino area near the pharmacy. We are offering A HALF PRICE DISCOUNT FOR COUPLES for the First 2 weeks of December, Discounts for kids and singles also available.
• CARPETS WANTED – I’m looking to purchase two carpets in either beige/sandy/rust/light brown, preferably plain and not patterned. Dimensions – 6m x 7m and 8m x 6m. Please whatsapp picture to 0712-611-455
• CAREER MANAGEMENT CENTRE – Coming soon to Vic Falls. To offer Business courses in Leisure & Tourism, Marketing, Shipping, Logistics, Journalism, Accounting, Computer Engineering, HIV\Aids Management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Public Relations, Short computer courses including ICDL and Pastel Accounting, Secretarial, Entrepreneurship and many more!!! Call us on 0712 410 986 or 0772 907 471. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.cmccollege.com
• GO FLOOR IT PVT LTD – * DECKING,DECKING,DECKING *– Wood Composite Decking (Comes with 10 year warranty), Laminate Wood Floor ( 12 Year Warranty), Up Market Vinyl Flooring, Under Floor Heating( Laminate,Tile and Carpet). Full back up and support. Please contact us for if you have any queries, 04 – 336456,04 – 304945, 0772 809 300, 0772 336 540,0778 414 622. Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• COMPUPRO – HEART OF TECHNOLOGY –
Hd-DVR Car Cameras $85.00
Solstar DVD Players $55.00
Parrot Projector 2600 Ansi $650.00
Parrot Projector 2700 Ansi $700.00
ASUS Tablet with keyboard $995.00
IPOD Nano covers $35.00
ELLies remote controlled LED lights $12.00
All TV’s we have in stock
LG 32″ TV $660.00
LG 42″ TV $1,250
Samsung 43″ TV $950.00
Sanyo 32″ TV $500.00
Sharp 24″ TV $430.00
Sharp 32″ TV $580.00
Sharp 39″ TV $890.00
Kenton Outdoor CCTV (Sony Infra Red) $75.00
Kenton GJK14 Wireless 2 Camera outdoor CCTV kits $190.00
HP Laptop (Demo-workshops) $250.00
ASUS X54C (Display sotock – unused – as new, no box) $450.00
Leather carry-all bags $140.00
Leather Laptop Bag $25.00
Parrott Long arm stapler $10.00
Digital eggs $23.00
Dial up modem $25.00
Livescribe Smart Pen pack $230.00
Livescribe Notepad A4 $33.00
Livescribe flip-pad $60.00
ASUS Celeron PC $250.00
Canon Lide 100 scanner flatbed $95.00
Canon Lide 210 scanner flatbed $120.00
OKI Printers $120.00
‘Car’ flash-sticks – ideal stocking fillers $22.00
‘Car’ mouse – ideal gimmicky stocking fillers $40.00
Price is valid whilst current stocks last.
Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street, Between 13th & 14th Avenue, Bulawayo,
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
• ASHGLEN CUSTOMS CONSULTANCY – For all your Customs clearing [Imports and Exports], Commercial Vehicle Guarantees, Removal in Transit, Immigrants’ Rebate and all general Customs Consultancy. Contact: Barry- +263 775 728 107. Email: email@example.com.
• TIMESHARE FOR HIRE – In Friday 20 December 2013, out Friday 27 December 2013 (NB – public holiday Mon 23rd, 25th & 26th and it’s school holidays!) at the Blue Swallow Lodges, Troutbeck Inn in Nyanga. Three bedrooms, can accommodate up to eight people (two children in the lounge). Bargain at $1000.00 for the week, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
• GAME DRIVE VEHICLE FOR SALE
Make : Nissan Safari
Model : 2.7 Diesel
Year : 1996
Low Mileage, needs tyres.
To view at Karrasellos
Only serious offers Please phone Des on 0772243010
• CROCODILE FARM – It’s that time of the year again and our baby crocodiles will be hatching in the next week or so, we have already had one nest hatch. Bring your children down to see this wonder of nature where you will be more than welcome to enjoy a complimentary cup of tea or coffee. Our lion Mickey now has two lady friends to keep him company, Lyla and Shadow. Come and see our “new” taxidermy animal display (museum) in the auditorium. From the 1st to 31st December we will offer our Vic Falls locals a “special” rate of $2 per adult and $1 per child.
• HP CARTRIDGES FOR SALE – Can you do us an advert we are selling HP toner catridges in stock ( HP 80A, 05A, 85A, 49A,35A,36A,12A,78A,53A,15A) from as low as USD 85
Samsung galaxy s4 original 650usd.
Computers sales and repair
E1, 1st floor, Phumula center, Victoria Falls
Contact 0772 719088 and 0712 764 954 and 013 42974
• IPAD 3 FOR SALE – Ipad 3 for sale $950 – 64GB version (top of the range). Just 12 months old. Works perfectly. Screen has always been protected. With case and charger. Call 0772573088.
• KIDS JUNGLE GYM FOR SALE – Kids garden climbing frame for sale with slide, swing, ladders and airplane section. Multi-colours and in good condition. Great xmas surprise for kids. Asking $350. Call 0772573088.
• GREENLAND FRUITERERS – CARBOVITA SPECIAL !!!!
Form Monday 02/12/13 to Sunday 08/12/13.
• PAINTER AVAILABLE – Gumbo Mlungisi – CONTRACT PAINTER AVAILABLE within Victoria Falls. Cell: 0773 462 059 or 0713 904 118 For References contact Liz Lane.
• 2LT EMPTY BOTTLES DESPERATELY NEEDED FOR ORPHANED BABY ELEPHANT – Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust have just rescued another baby elephant and urgently need empty 2lt bottles for her formula. If anyone has empty 2lt bottles please drop at either Wild Horizons 310 Parkway office, or main office in the industrial site.
• LE CROISSANT – TOP QUALITY OVEN READY CROISSANTS – Frozen oven ready croissants are the convenient breakfast, brunch, tea time or snack solution for hotels, lodges and home use.
Croissants are sold in packets of 12 large or 24/36 small croissants.
The following range is available:
• Butter Croissants – the original, light and flaky. Available in packs 24/36 small & 12 large
• Herb Croissants – made with a herb mix and garlic for the ultimate sandwich. Available in packs of 12 large only.
• Chocolate Croissants – with dark chocolate in the centre. An all time favourite! Available in small, packs of 24/36.
• Country Croissants – made with brown flower & sprinkled with a seed mix for extra flavour. Available in packs of 24/36 small.
• Country/Choc Croissants – a country croissant with a difference! Available in packs of 24/36 small.
• Standard Puff Pastry & Butter Puff Pastry – great for pies, sausage rolls, vol au vents, Danishes etc. – sold per kg.
For orders / prices or further information please contact Rolf or Ali Steiner at 0712 405 872 / 013- 41590 or drop us an email at email@example.com
• 2013 JAMESON VIC FALLS CARNIVAL – NEW YEAR’S EXTRAVAGANZE – The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival , billed as the once-in-a-lifetime three-day New Year’s Eve spectacular held at the majestic Vic Falls, returns for its second year: bigger, louder and more fun.
The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is the perfect balance of musical and performance talent, spectacular natural scenery and adventure activities at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and will offer partygoers the
opportunity to enjoy the entertainment and adventure activities in the breathtakingly beautiful surrounds of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A sensational line-up of musicians and artists hailing from
Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, and Namibia has been confirmed.
Organisers are expecting revelers to attend from all Southern African countries and have partnered with tour operators to offer a package for everyone attending the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival.
Just Jinger, Flash Republic, Jeremy Loops, Mokoomba, December Streets, ISO, Shortstraw, DJ Chris Taylor, Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, Raydizz, Liver, Chikwata 263, Rax, DJ Cmbaville, Judgement Yard, DJ
Francis, Jason le Roux, DJ Ace da Bass
In addition to the fantastic musical centerpiece, Jameson invites this year’s visitors to savour a packed programme of activities. This includes the Steam Train Party Express – an original party voyage with a world-
class DJ on board that will transport party-lovers to a secret bush location for a 5 hour set. Eco-friendly initiatives such as an eco-village, tree planting and recycling community projects, and a huge choice of
adrenaline activities such as bungee jumping, elephant safari and white water rafting. Jameson has pulled out all the stops to create a non-stop carnival playground for a truly unique New Years’ experience with
acrobatics, contortionists, burlesque dancers, fire performers and illusionists.
Tickets sales are open for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival and range from single-day entry to VIP two-day passes. All tickets for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival are available through www.webtickets.co.za and are
priced as follows:
Single-day entry: US$45 (R400)
Two-day pass: US$55 (R550)
Three-day pass: (29-31 Dec, limited to 400): US$80 (R800)
VIP single day pass: US$70 (R700)
VIP two-day pass (30-31 Dec, limited to 500 in VIP area): US$100 (R1000)
Ticket link: https://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=405171520
Tickets can also be purchased from Love for Africa. Their contact numbers are as follows: +236 13 46004/5
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamesonVicFallsCarnival?ref=hl
Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is another epic Seed Experience event. www.weareseed.co.za
Contacts – Vic Falls Carnival Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Mobile (SA): +27768586801
Mobile (Zimbabwe): +263779555505
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
Seed Experiences is the award-winning agency behind South Africa’s top festivals such as Rocking the Daisies, Sowing the Seeds, Vodacom In the City and the We Are One Colour Festival. The
company also produces 5Gum’s exclusive events as well as the digital industry’s Bookmarks Awards; and will be hosting the Vic Falls Carnival in Zimbabwe this New Year’s Eve.
Accolades include: Winner – Climate Change Leadership Award in the Small to Medium Business Category (2009 and 2010); Winner – Eco-Logic Award for Climate Change (2011); Finalist – Eco-
Logic Award in Transport (2011); Finalist – Mail and Guardian Future Greening Awards (2012); Finalist in the Bookmarks Awards (2012); nominated in the ‘Best Music Festival’ category for the MK
Awards (2012); awarded the Highly Commended A Greener Festival Award (2012); Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Transport (2012) and Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Recycling (2012).