“Vic Falls News”
26 November 2013
It’s so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to.
– Annie Gottlier
Tip of the week:
Recycle the waste products. Many waste products like glass, plastics, aluminium and paper can be recycled instead of being disposed off in the dustbin. This will prevent any air pollution accumulated on burning these products
(The tip of the week is kindly sent in by the Victoria Falls Green Fund)
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below. This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
GENERAL NOTICES –
• “OLDIES” CHRISTMAS BOX – A season of giving and sharing begins soon and so begins a time when we start collecting for our dear “Oldies”. This food box we pack is a very special one and we try to give our special friends something different and something they can use over this special time of the year. If you have a little something to help put towards this box, we would be most grateful……even a little prezzie to pack in for them would mean a lot to them!!!
• VICTORIA FALLS PRIMARY SCHOOL – Are pleased to announce Grade 00 is opening for the first time in 2014. There are still places available for Grade 0 – 7. email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• SEVEN ELEVEN – Just arrived Christmas Hams, for orders please send an email to email@example.com
• 2 OR 3 BEDROOMED HOUSE OR COTTAGE WANTED – Looking for a 2 or 3 bedroomed house or cottage for rent please contact Neil on +267 721 03700 or Lucy on +267 774 29261
• SPECIALIST GYNAE CLINIC IN VC FALLS THIS WEEK – 29 & 30 November at Citimed Clinic. For furter enquiries calls Mrs Mukarati on 0772 645 003
• PAINTER AVAILABLE – Gumbo Mlungisi – CONTRACT PAINTER AVAILABLE within Victoria Falls. Cell: 0773 462 059 or 0713 904 118 For References contact Liz Lane.
• 2LT EMPTY BOTTLES DESPERATELY NEEDED FOR ORPHANED BABY ELEPHANT – Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust have just rescued another baby elephant and urgently need empty 2lt bottles for her formula. If anyone has empty 2lt bottles please drop at either Wild Horizons 310 Parkway office, or main office in the industrial site.
• PUPPIES FOR SALE – 3 male fox terrier cross puppies – 10 weeks old. Call 0773 890 303
• PROFESSIONAL GOLF LESSONS – Geraint Jones will be taking a kids Golf Holiday Coaching Clinic from 9.12.13 to 13.12.13 in the mornings. Juniors and Seniors will be coached separately.
Adult bookings will be taken for lessons in the afternoons and evenings. Please phone 0782041066
• FURNITURE FOR SALE –
Baby cot. $100
2×3/4 beds. $300
Centre island/kitchen $250
Bread maker. $100
2nd hand tyres. $2each
To view:610 Nygumwa Cres, 1:45 to 4 o’clock Cell 0712747306
• PLANTS FOR SALE – LOTS of new plants arrived at Helen’s house, 60 Courtney Selous Crescent – Daisies, Roses, Hibiscus, and a large variety of shrubs, ground covers, pot plants and aloes. Please only visit Mon – Fri 10.30 am – 1 pm and 2.30 – 4 pm when staff will be available to assist you.
• ALLEN MILLS – Please may you send out an e-mail to everyone to let them know that Allen has been found and with his family. Vic Mills would like to thank the community for all their help and assistance in finding his son.
• FOR SALE – 3 plate gas steal stove for $ 400 with 19 kg gas tank ideal for catering industries, contact 0777621902
• INVESTOR \ PARTNER NEEDED – Investor/Partner required for a beautiful and scenic resort just outside Harare. The resort is abt 70% finished. Structure and fenced. Next to a dam, fishing & canoeing, next to a mountain with Bushman paintings and Caves and a Natural mountain pool. A National Museum and Monuments site. Environment and Impact Assessment already done and approved. For more information, email or tel +263 772 252 739 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• GOOD QUALITY SECOND HAND SALE AT BARGAIN PRICES
1 x sony ericsson xperia play $ 200
1 x nokia x3- 02 touch and type $150 NEG
1 x sony ericsson xperia neo $ 200
1 x Hp Laptop 4GB RAM,500GB HDD, WIndows 7 ultimate, no battery life. ( In good condition) $350 NEG
1 x Sharp Hifi 3cd changer, 2 tape decks, 1000W output ( In good condition) $100
1 x PlayStation 2 with games and 2 controllers $120 NEG
If interested contact 0774 376 584
• VW JETTA FOR SALE – Ex CapeTown. For more details contact 0774 788 082
• WIDENCY UPHOLSTRY CENTRE – For all your household, hotel, lodges, soft furnishings, motor vehicle seats, boat blinds, life rings,life jackets upholstery. Contact us at 82 pioneer road next to CMED servivce station, or phone 0773000888/9 email email@example.com. We collect and deliver
• LE CROISSANT – TOP QUALITY OVEN READY CROISSANTS – Frozen oven ready croissants are the convenient breakfast, brunch, tea time or snack solution for hotels, lodges and home use.
Croissants are sold in packets of 12 large or 24/36 small croissants.
The following range is available:
• Butter Croissants – the original, light and flaky. Available in packs 24/36 small & 12 large
• Herb Croissants – made with a herb mix and garlic for the ultimate sandwich. Available in packs of 12 large only.
• Chocolate Croissants – with dark chocolate in the centre. An all time favourite! Available in small, packs of 24/36.
• Country Croissants – made with brown flower & sprinkled with a seed mix for extra flavour. Available in packs of 24/36 small.
• Country/Choc Croissants – a country croissant with a difference! Available in packs of 24/36 small.
• Standard Puff Pastry & Butter Puff Pastry – great for pies, sausage rolls, vol au vents, Danishes etc. – sold per kg.
For orders / prices or further information please contact Rolf or Ali Steiner at 0712 405 872 / 013- 41590 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• ELECTROSALE HARDWARE – Std 437 Miles Road, Industrial Site, Victoria Falls. Tel 013 46016/18 Fax 013 46017 email email@example.com
LAWN MOWERS AND TRIMMER SPECIAL UNTIL 25/11/13
Price incl VAT
BRUSHCUTTER PETROL 2-STROKE CG43 286.00
BRUSH CUTTER CG52 HEAVY DUTY 566.00
LAWNMOWER PACER 2400W TRIMMER 650W COMBO 385.00
CHAINSAW 15in 54cc ZT-580 TANDEM 319.00
LAWNMOWER PUSH 400mm 124.00
LAWNMOWER PRIMA 1500w 259.00
LAWNMOWER POLO 2200w 289.00
LAWNMOWER PACER 2200w 309.00
LAWNMOWER PACER 2400w 339.00
LAWNMOWER EXECUTIVE 2600w 389.00
LAWNMOWER RATEL PETROL GXV160 659.00
LAWNMOWER MULCH 2600w 389.00
LAWNMOWER PACER PETROL TORX XT160cc 379.00
LAWNMOWER RATEL TORX 200 PETROL 469.00
LAWNMOWER RATEL 3000W ELECTRIC 479.00
TRIMMER ELECTRIC 650watt 111.00
TRIMMER ELECTRIC 900W 124.00
TRIMMER PETROL 26CC 212.00
HEDGE TRIMMER 26cc PETROL 389.00
LAWNMOWER PETROL INKUNZI HONDA GXV160 779.00
WE ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING ITERMS IN STOCK
XMAS TREE LIGHT ASSORTED COLOURS AND PLAIN
POOL PUMP SAND
RHINO BOND AND SET
FERTILISER FOR MAIZE/ COMPOUND “D” FOR LAWNS
PLOUGHS/ WHEEL BARROWS
FANS OF ALL TYPES
DUSTBINS AND LADDERS OF ALL SIZES
CALL IN AND VIEW IT FOR YOURSELF. HAVE A GOOD DAY.
• OUTSPAN BUTCHERY VIC FALLS – With effect from Thursday 21 November 2013 all Cheeseman products will be available from Outspan Butchery. Please call us on 45034 to place your orders as you would normally have done in the past with Cheeseman. If you would like to place your Christmas meat orders in advance please call us on 45034 or come in and see us. We are still taking Christmas Turkey orders, hurry while stocks last!!!
• BULAWAYO BOARDING HOUSE – Is your child going to Bulawayo for High School? Are you stuck for boarding options or cheaper but still respectable/secure boarding options? Here is your answer:-
A family home in the quiet part of Hillside Suburb – close to the Hillside Shopping Centre. Space available for 4 children. Includes:-
Accommodation and ALL meals
Pick up and drop off at School (including for activities). Swimming Club available on property as an added extra. (Please contact Shiralee for details and costs)
Healthy packed school lunches
Children will be treated as part of the family and as such will be included in any family outings – school fetes, Matopos, Waterworld, etc.
Children will be involved in house chores.
Homework time supervised.
Permissions for weekends away will be required for any outing without the parents (these need to be in by the Wednesday before the weekend to give enough time to obtain permission from child’s parents).
Pocket money suggestion: No more than U$20.00 per week
Total Cost: US$550
For further information please contact Shiralee Taylor on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0772 372848
• HP CARTRIDGES FOR SALE – Can you do us an advert we are selling HP toner catridges in stock ( HP 80A, 05A, 85A, 49A,35A,36A,12A,78A,53A,15A) from as low as USD 85
Samsung galaxy s4 original 650usd.
Computers sales and repair
E1, 1st floor, Phumula center, Victoria Falls
Contact 0772 719088 and 0712 764 954 and 013 42974
• 2013 CONGRESS OF THE HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATION OF ZIMBABWE – The 2013 Congress of the Hospitality Association of Zimbabwe will be held at Elephant Hills from Nov 27 to 29, and anyone involved or interested in the hospitality industry is welcome to attend as a delegate. More information can be sourced from the HAZ Vic Falls representative, Jonathan Hudson at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, or from the HAZ secretariat in Harare (Violet Rukande, email@example.com). Running concurrently with the Congress will be a Hospitality Fair, at which suppliers of goods and services to the industry can have stands ($100 each). To book of for more info please contact the same people. The Congress theme this year is Putting People First and the event should have up to 180 people in attendance from across the country.
• THE GARDEN OF EAT’N – Get delicious Fresh Pita Breads & Pizza Bases and do it yourself at home. Pita Breads $1, Pizza Bases $1.50 (10% discount for orders more than 10) Also available are tubs of Home Made Pesto $4, Home Made Hummus $3 & Home Made Tomato Paste $2. Call the Garden of Eat’n on 0777 434 636/0772 226 390 or Shoestrings 013-40167 to place orders.
• EGGS – Quality eggs available in Large, Extra large or from Tradepower Victoria Falls at the most competitive and unbelievably low prices. Ideal for hotels, lodges and catering and retail trade. Contact us on landline 013 44870/1 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• BAKERY REQUISITES – Need all your baking requirements available under one roof? Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls are the area distributors for Bakels Zimbabwe. Bulk cocoa powder, icing sugar, cake mix, cooking chocolate, tincol, bread and roll premixes, rollex and master puff and much more. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com to request our specialty bakery representative to call upon you to provide you with expert advice and suggestions on new products and recipes.
• swimming pool chemicals and ancillary products – Summer is here and you need that sparkle in your pool? Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls are agents for Blu 52, swimming pool test kits, Eezi Pool for large or medium pools, chlorine, liquid or dry acid and algae clear. We also have leaf nets, pool brushes, vacuum kits, floaters, and pool hoses. Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls have a solution for pool to keep you super cool!!! Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• SHADE CLOTH – Black and Green shade cloth available in 40% and 80% shade settings from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Ideal for use at home for putting over your veg gardens and even carports. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
• LIMPOPO DAIRIES – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Contact Neil Norman or Sipho Tshuma on landline (013) 44870/44871 or cell#’s 0712 587 123/0774 022 312 – Neil Norman & 0775 996 106 – Sipho Tshuma Please visit our modern wholesale warehouse across the road from Marange Motors in the industrial sites, where service to you will be a pleasure.
• CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS – Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls to get all your Christmas decorations for this Festive season. We have in stock tinsel, strip lights, figurines, balls, gift bags and crackers. Make your Christmas a special one and come get your essentials to decorate your home from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Come see Neil Norman & Sipho Tshuma at Tradepower Victoria Falls or call us on 013 44870/1 and email email@example.com
• REFURBISHED CELLPHONES FOR SALE – Blackberry and Nokia cellphones for sale. Factory refurbished cellphones available from Tradepower Victoria Falls at incredible prices. Come in and have a look at Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• SAMSUNG AND SOLSTAR APPLIANCES – Tradepower Victoria Falls has received a wide range of Samsung and Solstar home appliances which include, LED & LCD TV’s, Fridges, Gas Stoves, Microwaves and Home Theatres. Come in to our warehouse at 439 Miles Road in the industrial sites and take a look for yourself. Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2013 JAMESON VIC FALLS CARNIVAL – NEW YEAR’S EXTRAVAGANZE – The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival , billed as the once-in-a-lifetime three-day New Year’s Eve spectacular held at the majestic Vic Falls, returns for its second year: bigger, louder and more fun.
The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is the perfect balance of musical and performance talent, spectacular natural scenery and adventure activities at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and will offer partygoers the
opportunity to enjoy the entertainment and adventure activities in the breathtakingly beautiful surrounds of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A sensational line-up of musicians and artists hailing from
Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, and Namibia has been confirmed.
Organisers are expecting revelers to attend from all Southern African countries and have partnered with tour operators to offer a package for everyone attending the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival.
Just Jinger, Flash Republic, Jeremy Loops, Mokoomba, December Streets, ISO, Shortstraw, DJ Chris Taylor, Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, Raydizz, Liver, Chikwata 263, Rax, DJ Cmbaville, Judgement Yard, DJ
Francis, Jason le Roux, DJ Ace da Bass
In addition to the fantastic musical centerpiece, Jameson invites this year’s visitors to savour a packed programme of activities. This includes the Steam Train Party Express – an original party voyage with a world-
class DJ on board that will transport party-lovers to a secret bush location for a 5 hour set. Eco-friendly initiatives such as an eco-village, tree planting and recycling community projects, and a huge choice of
adrenaline activities such as bungee jumping, elephant safari and white water rafting. Jameson has pulled out all the stops to create a non-stop carnival playground for a truly unique New Years’ experience with
acrobatics, contortionists, burlesque dancers, fire performers and illusionists.
Tickets sales are open for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival and range from single-day entry to VIP two-day passes. All tickets for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival are available through www.webtickets.co.za and are
priced as follows:
Single-day entry: US$45 (R400)
Two-day pass: US$55 (R550)
Three-day pass: (29-31 Dec, limited to 400): US$80 (R800)
VIP single day pass: US$70 (R700)
VIP two-day pass (30-31 Dec, limited to 500 in VIP area): US$100 (R1000)
Ticket link: https://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=405171520
Tickets can also be purchased from Love for Africa. Their contact numbers are as follows: +236 13 46004/5
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamesonVicFallsCarnival?ref=hl
Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is another epic Seed Experience event. www.weareseed.co.za
Contacts – Vic Falls Carnival Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile (SA): +27768586801
Mobile (Zimbabwe): +263779555505
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
Seed Experiences is the award-winning agency behind South Africa’s top festivals such as Rocking the Daisies, Sowing the Seeds, Vodacom In the City and the We Are One Colour Festival. The
company also produces 5Gum’s exclusive events as well as the digital industry’s Bookmarks Awards; and will be hosting the Vic Falls Carnival in Zimbabwe this New Year’s Eve.
Accolades include: Winner – Climate Change Leadership Award in the Small to Medium Business Category (2009 and 2010); Winner – Eco-Logic Award for Climate Change (2011); Finalist – Eco-
Logic Award in Transport (2011); Finalist – Mail and Guardian Future Greening Awards (2012); Finalist in the Bookmarks Awards (2012); nominated in the ‘Best Music Festival’ category for the MK
Awards (2012); awarded the Highly Commended A Greener Festival Award (2012); Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Transport (2012) and Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Recycling (2012).