“Vic Falls News”
14 November 2013
It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect It’s successful outcome.
– William James
Tip of the week:
Once a month check the pressure of each of the tires against the guidelines listed in your car’s manual,
add air if needed by doing this can improve mileage by about 3%.
(The tip of the week is kindly sent in by the Victoria Falls Green Fund)
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below. This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
GENERAL NOTICES –
• AUCTION – THE MESSENGER OF COURT – The Messenger of Court will be conducting an auction sale of various assets (Unless previously withdrawn) on Friday 15 November 2013 at 214 Sopers Crescent, Victoria Falls starting 13:30 registration for 14:00 sale. On offer includes a CRV Honda meroon in colour, Toyota Nadia D4, Venter portable trailer, apple laptop, 2 meat cutters of band saw type, Biltong dryer silver in colour, 2 deep freezers 1 small and 1 big, vacuum packer, digital scale and other many previously unsold goods. Please note that certain items/assets may be withdrawn before sale time as indicated above. VIEWING IS PRIOR TO SALE, DEPOSIT IS 500 DOLLARS FOR VEHICLES AND 50 FOR OTHER GOODS which will be refunded if you do not buy. INQUIRIES 0775107651, 0772463086, 0714760270, 0773408819. THANK YOU, Ngonie
• ZNCC – Zimbabwe Nation Chamber or Commerce – TO ALL VICTORIA FALLS BUSINESS COMMUNITY
REF: INVITATION TO A BREAKFAST MEETING WITH THE MINISTER OF INDUSTRY AND COMMERCE.
You are kindly invited to a breakfast meeting with the Minister of Industry and Commerce on the 19th of November 2013 at Elephant Hills Hotel. This will give the local business people the opportunity to interact and discuss business concerns with the responsible authorities. Participation fee: US $ 30
We have limited space please confirm your participation on the following numbers:
Time: 09:00 am
ZNCC Office : 013 44979
Mrs Mandaza : 0713 101 451
Mr Makaure: 0772 706 798 / 0712 209 126
Yours In Chamber Services, R. Makaure (Vice President Matebeleland Region)
• ISRAELI TOUR LEADER \ GUIDE – Does anyone know of an Israeli Tour Leader/Guide to take a trip of 15 – 20 pax on a trip round Zim and to Botswana? Please email email@example.com
• DIGITEC PHOTOS – Digital photo printing from $1. Instant photo printing from Bluetooth, flashstick, memory card, phone and CD. Passport photos, bordering and texts, business cards and calendars Photo editing. For more info, come to Zuva Garage, former BP Shell Garage Vic Falls. Cell 0772 713 109
• PARROT CAGE AND STAND FOR SALE – A LARGE NEARLY NEW CAGE WITH SLIDING TRAY AND STAND. PLEASE PHONE 0772 239177
• SEEKING ACCOMMODATION – Am young lady looking for accommodation at Low density area. Am looking for a Cottage 2 rooms a nice good looking cottage.My mobile number is 0771538613.
• HP CARTRIDGES FOR SALE – Can you do us an advert we are selling HP toner catridges in stock ( HP 80A, 05A, 85A, 49A,35A,36A,12A,78A,53A,15A) from as low as USD 85
Samsung galaxy s4 original 650usd.
Computers sales and repair
E1, 1st floor, Phumula center, Victoria Falls
Contact 0772 719088 and 0712 764 954 and 013 42974
• WIDENCY UPHOLSTRY CENTRE – For all your household, hotel, lodges, soft furnishings, motor vehicle seats, boat blinds, life rings,life jackets upholstery. Contact us at 82 pioneer road next to CMED servivce station, or phone 0773000888/9 email firstname.lastname@example.org. We collect and deliver
• CAREER MANAGEMENT CENTRE – Coming soon to Vic Falls. To offer Business courses in Leisure & Tourism, Marketing, Shipping, Logistics, Journalism, Accounting, Computer Engineering, HIV\Aids Management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Public Relations, Short computer courses including ICDL and Pastel Accounting, Secretarial, Entrepreneurship and many more!!! Call us on 0712 410 986 or 0772 907 471. E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.cmccollege.com
• GO FLOOR IT PVT LTD – * DECKING,DECKING,DECKING *– Wood Composite Decking (Comes with 10 year warranty), Laminate Wood Floor ( 12 Year Warranty), Up Market Vinyl Flooring, Under Floor Heating( Laminate,Tile and Carpet). Full back up and support. Please contact us for if you have any queries, 04 – 336456,04 – 304945, 0772 809 300, 0772 336 540,0778 414 622. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
• STAND UP COMEDIAN – CARL JOSHUA NCUBE LIVE IN VICTORIA FALLS!!!! – FREE ENTRY – Carl will be at Vic Falls Safari Lodge in the Amphitheatre on the 15th November 2013 at 5.30 pm, this function is a fundraiser for VFAPU. Carl is apparently brilliant and everyone is encouraged to attend!!!! www.carljoshuancube.com
• GRADE 00 NOW OPENING AT VICTORIA FALLS PRIMARY SCHOOL – Victoria Falls Primary School is proud to announce that a Grade 00 class will be opening from January 2014. If you are interested or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org There will be an Open day on Wednesday 20th November at 5.30pm, all interested parents are invited to join us for cheese and wine whilst viewing our grade 00 classroom and meeting a few of the teachers.
• 2013 CONGRESS OF THE HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATION OF ZIMBABWE – The 2013 Congress of the Hospitality Association of Zimbabwe will be held at Elephant Hills from Nov 27 to 29, and anyone involved or interested in the hospitality industry is welcome to attend as a delegate. More information can be sourced from the HAZ Vic Falls representative, Jonathan Hudson at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, or from the HAZ secretariat in Harare (Violet Rukande, email@example.com). Running concurrently with the Congress will be a Hospitality Fair, at which suppliers of goods and services to the industry can have stands ($100 each). To book of for more info please contact the same people. The Congress theme this year is Putting People First and the event should have up to 180 people in attendance from across the country.
• THE GARDEN OF EAT’N – Get delicious Fresh Pita Breads & Pizza Bases and do it yourself at home. Pita Breads $1, Pizza Bases $1.50 (10% discount for orders more than 10) Also available are tubs of Home Made Pesto $4, Home Made Hummus $3 & Home Made Tomato Paste $2. Call the Garden of Eat’n on 0777 434 636/0772 226 390 or Shoestrings 013-40167 to place orders.
• COMBINED PROPERTY AUCTION – VICTORIA FALLS PROPERTIES –
Combined property auction to take place Wednesday 20th November 2013. Venue: Ilala Lodge Time: 12noon. The auction will be conducted by Richard Tunmer of Tunmer Ridley and Pam Golding are extremely pleased to host this occasion at Ilala Lodge. Properties will range from residential, commercial and vacant land. Come and have some fun! A complete portfolio of all our properties will be available apart from the ones on auction and we will be on hand to discuss any property related questions. Please email Dawn Brown firstname.lastname@example.org for a brochure detailing the exciting line up of properties and Conditions of Sale.
• URGENT ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED – To the Vic Falls Community – As most of you know, Stan Pullen has been facing the challenges of kidney failure for the past 11 months now. Stan is currently having to travel to Bulawayo twice a week for Haemo Dialysis, and cannot miss a treatment. Paperwork is being processed for a kidney transplant to be carried out in India, however he has to be on dialysis until such time the India trip is arranged. We’re unsure of the total costs involved for this operation, but have an estimated figure of $25 000.00. In order to assist Stan with the expenses involved, organisers have compiled a Fundraising Raffle, and we would like to thank the business community & sponsors for the prizes received to date. Tickets cost $5 each and the prizes include complimentary hotel accommodation & meals at various outlets, helicopter flights, Sunset Cruises, Elephant Rides, etc., Christmas food hampers and lot’s lot’s more. For anyone interested in buying a ticket or contributing other means of help, i.e. transportation to & from Bulawayo, please email email@example.com for the organisers details.
• EGGS – Quality eggs available in Large, Extra large or from Tradepower Victoria Falls at the most competitive and unbelievably low prices. Ideal for hotels, lodges and catering and retail trade. Contact us on landline 013 44870/1 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• BAKERY REQUISITES – Need all your baking requirements available under one roof? Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls are the area distributors for Bakels Zimbabwe. Bulk cocoa powder, icing sugar, cake mix, cooking chocolate, tincol, bread and roll premixes, rollex and master puff and much more. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com to request our specialty bakery representative to call upon you to provide you with expert advice and suggestions on new products and recipes.
• swimming pool chemicals and ancillary products – Summer is here and you need that sparkle in your pool? Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls are agents for Blu 52, swimming pool test kits, Eezi Pool for large or medium pools, chlorine, liquid or dry acid and algae clear. We also have leaf nets, pool brushes, vacuum kits, floaters, and pool hoses. Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls have a solution for pool to keep you super cool!!! Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• SHADE CLOTH – Black and Green shade cloth available in 40% and 80% shade settings from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Ideal for use at home for putting over your veg gardens and even carports. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
• LIMPOPO DAIRIES – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Contact Neil Norman or Sipho Tshuma on landline (013) 44870/44871 or cell#’s 0712 587 123/0774 022 312 – Neil Norman & 0775 996 106 – Sipho Tshuma Please visit our modern wholesale warehouse across the road from Marange Motors in the industrial sites, where service to you will be a pleasure.
• CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS – Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls to get all your Christmas decorations for this Festive season. We have in stock tinsel, strip lights, figurines, balls, gift bags and crackers. Make your Christmas a special one and come get your essentials to decorate your home from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Come see Neil Norman & Sipho Tshuma at Tradepower Victoria Falls or call us on 013 44870/1 and email email@example.com
• REFURBISHED CELLPHONES FOR SALE – Blackberry and Nokia cellphones for sale. Factory refurbished cellphones available from Tradepower Victoria Falls at incredible prices. Come in and have a look at Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• SAMSUNG AND SOLSTAR APPLIANCES – Tradepower Victoria Falls has received a wide range of Samsung and Solstar home appliances which include, LED & LCD TV’s, Fridges, Gas Stoves, Microwaves and Home Theatres. Come in to our warehouse at 439 Miles Road in the industrial sites and take a look for yourself. Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2013 JAMESON VIC FALLS CARNIVAL – NEW YEAR’S EXTRAVAGANZE – The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival , billed as the once-in-a-lifetime three-day New Year’s Eve spectacular held at the majestic Vic Falls, returns for its second year: bigger, louder and more fun.
The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is the perfect balance of musical and performance talent, spectacular natural scenery and adventure activities at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and will offer partygoers the
opportunity to enjoy the entertainment and adventure activities in the breathtakingly beautiful surrounds of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A sensational line-up of musicians and artists hailing from
Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, and Namibia has been confirmed.
Organisers are expecting revelers to attend from all Southern African countries and have partnered with tour operators to offer a package for everyone attending the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival.
Just Jinger, Flash Republic, Jeremy Loops, Mokoomba, December Streets, ISO, Shortstraw, DJ Chris Taylor, Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, Raydizz, Liver, Chikwata 263, Rax, DJ Cmbaville, Judgement Yard, DJ
Francis, Jason le Roux, DJ Ace da Bass
In addition to the fantastic musical centerpiece, Jameson invites this year’s visitors to savour a packed programme of activities. This includes the Steam Train Party Express – an original party voyage with a world-
class DJ on board that will transport party-lovers to a secret bush location for a 5 hour set. Eco-friendly initiatives such as an eco-village, tree planting and recycling community projects, and a huge choice of
adrenaline activities such as bungee jumping, elephant safari and white water rafting. Jameson has pulled out all the stops to create a non-stop carnival playground for a truly unique New Years’ experience with
acrobatics, contortionists, burlesque dancers, fire performers and illusionists.
Tickets sales are open for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival and range from single-day entry to VIP two-day passes. All tickets for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival are available through www.webtickets.co.za and are
priced as follows:
Single-day entry: US$45 (R400)
Two-day pass: US$55 (R550)
Three-day pass: (29-31 Dec, limited to 400): US$80 (R800)
VIP single day pass: US$70 (R700)
VIP two-day pass (30-31 Dec, limited to 500 in VIP area): US$100 (R1000)
Ticket link: https://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=405171520
Tickets can also be purchased from Love for Africa. Their contact numbers are as follows: +236 13 46004/5
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamesonVicFallsCarnival?ref=hl
Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is another epic Seed Experience event. www.weareseed.co.za
Contacts – Vic Falls Carnival Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile (SA): +27768586801
Mobile (Zimbabwe): +263779555505
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
Seed Experiences is the award-winning agency behind South Africa’s top festivals such as Rocking the Daisies, Sowing the Seeds, Vodacom In the City and the We Are One Colour Festival. The
company also produces 5Gum’s exclusive events as well as the digital industry’s Bookmarks Awards; and will be hosting the Vic Falls Carnival in Zimbabwe this New Year’s Eve.
Accolades include: Winner – Climate Change Leadership Award in the Small to Medium Business Category (2009 and 2010); Winner – Eco-Logic Award for Climate Change (2011); Finalist – Eco-
Logic Award in Transport (2011); Finalist – Mail and Guardian Future Greening Awards (2012); Finalist in the Bookmarks Awards (2012); nominated in the ‘Best Music Festival’ category for the MK
Awards (2012); awarded the Highly Commended A Greener Festival Award (2012); Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Transport (2012) and Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Recycling (2012).
• KLEINEMONDE BEACH HOUSE – HOLIDAY RENTALS – EASTERN CAPE – If you are looking for a beautiful unspoiled spot away from the madding crowds for a family holiday, Kleinemonde Beach House is an ideal holiday home RIGHT on the pristine Kleinemonde Beach. Kleinemonde is a small village 15kilometers from Port Alfred , equidistant between Port Elizabeth and East London. Grahamstown is only 50 kilometres inland. Flanked by the East and West Kleinemonde Rivers the home has lovely views of both rivers and the Indian ocean just metres away. The rivers are safe for swimming and water sports and there are life guards on duty at the beach during the holiday months and long weekends. Beaches are clean and wide and perfect for long walks, ocean sports and kiting. High sand dunes provide for much fun sand boarding. Kleinemonde is an ideal spot for people with families at schools and university in Grahamstown and the nearby cities. A double-storey home with three en-suite bedrooms, one with sliding doors onto an upstairs deck. Downstairs an open plan living area with sliding doors onto the garden and beach. There is a full bathroom downstairs as well as a large double garage with sliding doors onto the garden. The garage is ideal for a teens chill room!. There is an outside shower for rinsing off sand and salt water after swimming as well as a back patio area. Domestic service can be arranged on request.
Only 1.5 hours from Port Elizabeth and East London, and 15 minutes easy access to Port Alfred for shopping, where you have a choice of shops, restaurants, pubs and entertainment. GPS Co-ordinates: 33°32’23.08” S, 27°02’47.29”E For enquiries or bookings please contact email@example.com