“Vic Falls News”
9 November 2013
Seven days without laughter make one weak.
Tip of the week:
Switch to energy saving bulbs, they use 75% less energy and lasts 10 times longer than standard bulbs.
(The tip of the week is kindly sent in by the Victoria Falls Green Fund)
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below. This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
GENERAL NOTICES –
- A VERY BIG THANK YOU – To all those amazing people who helped contribute to October’s “Oldies” food boxes our biggest thanks to each of you. I know times are tough for most at the moment but your kindness and generosity just never fails, for this we and the “Oldies” are so grateful. We won’t be packing a November box BUT instead an early Christmas box in December. If you would like to assist in making this box a really special box, we would be most greatful. We also like to give a few prezzies in this box to make their Christmas extra special, so if you would like to drop off a prezzie that would be wonderful, we have 3 men and 11 ladies in our group. Thanks so much.
- URGENT ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED – To the Vic Falls Community – As most of you know, Stan Pullen has been facing the challenges of kidney failure for the past 11 months now. Stan is currently having to travel to Bulawayo twice a week for Haemo Dialysis, and cannot miss a treatment. Paperwork is being processed for a kidney transplant to be carried out in India, however he has to be on dialysis until such time the India trip is arranged. We’re unsure of the total costs involved for this operation, but have an estimated figure of $25 000.00. In order to assist Stan with the expenses involved, organisers have compiled a Fundraising Raffle, and we would like to thank the business community & sponsors for the prizes received to date. Tickets cost $5 each and the prizes include complimentary hotel accommodation & meals at various outlets, helicopter flights, Sunset Cruises, Elephant Rides, etc., Christmas food hampers and lot’s lot’s more. For anyone interested in buying a ticket or contributing other means of help, i.e. transportation to & from Bulawayo, please email email@example.com for the organisers details.
- STAND UP COMEDIAN – CARL JOSHUA NCUBE LIVE IN VICTORIA FALLS!!!! – Carl will be at Vic Falls Safari Lodge in the Amphitheatre on the 15th November 2013 at 15.30 pm, this function is a fundraiser for VFAPU. Carl is apparently brilliant and everyone is encouraged to attend!!!! www.carljoshuancube.com
- EGGS – Quality eggs available in Large, Extra large or from Tradepower Victoria Falls at the most competitive and unbelievably low prices. Ideal for hotels, lodges and catering and retail trade. Contact us on landline 013 44870/1 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS FOR SALE –
Upright fridge with freezer(white)
Single bed and base
2 x book shelves
2 plate stove with oven
Contact 077 2 982 196 or 46065 (after hours)
- BAKERY REQUISITES – Need all your baking requirements available under one roof? Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls are the area distributors for Bakels Zimbabwe. Bulk cocoa powder, icing sugar, cake mix, cooking chocolate, tincol, bread and roll premixes, rollex and master puff and much more. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com to request our specialty bakery representative to call upon you to provide you with expert advice and suggestions on new products and recipes.
- VICTORIA FALLS MUNICIPALITY – Dear Stakeholders, The local authority would like to thank representatives from the various sectors of our community for supporting us in the preparation of the 2014 Budget. Please be advised that the draft budget will be published in the press on the 7th and 10th of November 2013 for stakeholders’ comments and objections if any. In order to realise this year’s budget, the Municipality of Victoria Falls wishes to encourage its valued stakeholders to timely honour their obligations before the end of every month. Failure to do so will result in the accumulation or escalation of debt leading to discontinued services and the severity of other charges being levied on the account that includes reconnection fees and legal charges. Please keep your bill account clear from any arrears. Development and service delivery rest on our shoulders, as stakeholders and we can all participate in this process through honouring our financial obligations on time. Thank you.
- FOR SALE – Suzuki Vitara 5 Door 4×4 Station Wagon. Good condition. Manual 5 speed gear box. High and low range. Front wheel hub lock. 1.6 Litre engine. Approx. 11-12km/litre petrol engine. Mileage +- 175 000 km. $5500.00. Please call Alan on 0773 415 034 if interested.
- swimming pool chemicals and ancillary products – Summer is here and you need that sparkle in your pool? Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls are agents for Blu 52, swimming pool test kits, Eezi Pool for large or medium pools, chlorine, liquid or dry acid and algae clear. We also have leaf nets, pool brushes, vacuum kits, floaters, and pool hoses. Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls have a solution for pool to keep you super cool!!! Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAMSUNG S4 GLASS SCEEN FOR SALE – Please call 0772 177 496 / 0714 841 333 or 013 46009 – Also available S2, S3, I-Phone screen & LCDs and fancy cell phone pouches
- SHADE CLOTH – Black and Green shade cloth available in 40% and 80% shade settings from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Ideal for use at home for putting over your veg gardens and even carports. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- LIMPOPO DAIRIES –Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Contact Neil Norman or Sipho Tshuma on landline (013) 44870/44871 or cell#’s 0712 587 123/0774 022 312 – Neil Norman & 0775 996 106 – Sipho Tshuma Please visit our modern wholesale warehouse across the road from Marange Motors in the industrial sites, where service to you will be a pleasure.
- CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS –Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls to get all your Christmas decorations for this Festive season. We have in stock tinsel, strip lights, figurines, balls, gift bags and crackers. Make your Christmas a special one and come get your essentials to decorate your home from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Come see Neil Norman & Sipho Tshuma at Tradepower Victoria Falls or call us on 013 44870/1 and email email@example.com
- REFURBISHED CELLPHONES FOR SALE – Blackberry and Nokia cellphones for sale. Factory refurbished cellphones available from Tradepower Victoria Falls at incredible prices. Come in and have a look at Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAMSUNG AND SOLSTAR APPLIANCES – Tradepower Victoria Falls has received a wide range of Samsung and Solstar home appliances which include, LED & LCD TV’s, Fridges, Gas Stoves, Microwaves and Home Theatres. Come in to our warehouse at 439 Miles Road in the industrial sites and take a look for yourself. Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- AVAILABLE TO DO THE FOLLOWING WORK – contact on: 0777375814 name Mathias mdimba house number 2670 chinotimba Vic falls
plumbing, painting, tiling, bricklaying, paving, welding, tracker, tractor driver, assistant mechanic, security guard, basic electrical work
- KASANE SPCA CHRISTMAS RAFFLE –Currently on the agenda is fundraising for purchase of operating equipment. This will enable us to carry out a monthly sterilisation/vaccination day in Kasane. As I’m sure you’re aware, historically, week long campaigns have run every year relying heavily on international and national assistance in the form of vets and equipment. Monthly campaigns are undoubtedly a more cost effective and efficient way forward. We’re looking to raise at least P20,000 through a Christmas raffle. Tickets will be strictly limited e.g. 150 tickets at P150 each, dependent on number/value of prizes. Advertising will be through the Chobe E-board and our facebook page and ticket purchase possible via email/online banking as well as through representatives in Kasane and Victoria Falls. If you did feel able to support us by donating a prize that would be hugely appreciated. Vic Falls Safari Lodge is my personal favourite and would definitely get me buying!
- COMBINED PROPERTY AUCTION – VICTORIA FALLS PROPERTIES–
The first combined property auction to take place Wednesday 20th November 2013. Venue: Ilala Lodge Time: 12noon. The auction will be conducted by Richard Tunmer of Tunmer Ridley and Pam Golding are extremely pleased to host this occasion at Ilala Lodge. Properties will range from residential, commercial and vacant land. Come and have some fun! A complete portfolio of all our properties will be available apart from the ones on auction and we will be on hand to discuss any property related questions.
- URGENT SALE – LITTLE HARRODS SUPERMARKET, VICTORIA FALLS – US$130,000 onco – Fantastic investment opportunity. If someone wants to buy both properties – this is possible or just take advantage of the fact that they can be sold separately. If an offer is received for both – terms can be arranged. Great deal. Please call Dawn Brown +263 772 282046 or Rumbi Matema +263 772 804100 for photos and more information. Email
email@example.com or SKYPE dawn.brown7 PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION ON THE 20TH NOVEMBER UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SOLD
- URGENT SALE – LITTLE HARRODS GIFT SHOP,
VICTORIA FALLS –US$100,000 onco Fantastic investment opportunity. If someone wants to buy both properties – this is possible or just take advantage of the fact that they can be sold separately. If an offer is received for both – terms can be arranged. Great deal. Please call Dawn Brown +263 772 282046 or Rumbi Matema +263 772 804100 for photos and more information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or SKYPE dawn.brown7 PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION ON THE 20TH NOVEMBER UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SOLD
- VICTORIA FALLS MUNICIPALITY INDOOR RESIDUAL SPRAY PROGRAM 2013-14 SEASON – Let’s work together in eradicating Malaria
AREA TO BE SPRAYED
|22-24 October 2013||Training of spray operators|
|25 October 2013||Warning||WARD 3|
|28 October 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 3|
|29-31 October 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 9|
|01-05 November 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 10|
|06-12 November 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 8|
|13-19 November 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 7|
|20-26 November 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 6|
|27 November -03 December 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 5|
|04-10 December 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 4|
|11-17 December 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 2|
|18-27 December 2013||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 1|
|30-31 December 2013 – 10January 2014||Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS)||WARD 11|
Targeted Households: 7487
Targeted rooms: 30560
As a stakeholder and resident of this beautiful town, you can participate by allowing the team to access your house and by preparing all the rooms to be sprayed i.e. by removing food stuffs.
BIRDLIFE ZIMBABWE BIRDING WITH A PURPOSE – 28 – 29 November 2013 Two-Day SABAP2 Bird Atlassing Workshop in Victoria Falls. All Birders invited!
Day 1 Theory & Question and answer time: Thursday 28 November 2013
Venue: Victoria Falls Safari Lodge Conference Centre
9am to 10.30am SABAP2 Presentation
10.30am – 11am Tea/Coffee Break
11am – 12am SABAP2 Presentation
1pm – 3pm Question & Answer time
3pm End of Theory session
Day 2 Field Trip: Friday 29 November 2013
6.30am – 1pm
Sabap2 Bird Atlas Project launched in Zimbabwe on 1st February 2013. SABAP2 is the most far reaching bird conservation research project in Southern Africa. If you don`t know the distribution of birds and
how they are changing, you cannot do conservation intelligently and effectively. As a citizen scientist, you can contribute too! Participation in this programme means that you can make a valuable contribution to our
knowledge of birds and to bird conservation. The data are used for our Important Bird Areas Programme, for Environmental Impact Assessments, and for ornithological research projects. But submitting data for
this project is also fun. You will learn a lot about birds, their behaviour and distribution. You will also become part of a larger atlassing community – a community committed to bird monitoring and to bird
conservation. For more details see http://sabap2.adu.org.za
For queries and to register for the Vic Falls workshop email: email@example.com
Registration for Workshop is free of charge Facebook site: Sabap2 Zimbabwe For more details on BirdLife Zimbabwe: www.birdlifezimbabwe.org
CAREER MANAGEMENT CENTRE – Coming soon to Vic Falls. To offer Business courses in Leisure & Tourism, Marketing, Shipping, Logistics, Journalism, Accounting, Computer Engineering, HIV\Aids Management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Public Relations, Short computer courses including ICDL and Pastel Accounting, Secretarial, Entrepreneurship and many more!!! Call us on 0712 410 986 or 0772 907 471. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.cmccollege.com
- GO FLOOR IT PVT LTD – * DECKING,DECKING,DECKING *– Wood Composite Decking (Comes with 10 year warranty), Laminate Wood Floor ( 12 Year Warranty), Up Market Vinyl Flooring, Under Floor Heating( Laminate,Tile and Carpet). Full back up and support. Please contact us for if you have any queries, 04 – 336456,04 – 304945, 0772 809 300, 0772 336 540,0778 414 622. Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GRADE 00 NOW OPENING AT VICTORIA FALLS PRIMARY SCHOOL – Victoria Falls Primary School is proud to announce that a Grade 00 class will be opening from January 2014. If you are interested or would like more information, please email email@example.com
- FROM SOUTH ARICA TO ZIMBABWE– Take a BIG load off your shoulder with our DAILY COURIER SERVICES UPTO 5 TONNE. Be it in Johannesburg or Outside, we take it from point A to B and even C. Contact: Misheck +263772975012 +263772525229
- 2013 JAMESON VIC FALLS CARNIVAL – NEW YEAR’S EXTRAVAGANZE – The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival , billed as the once-in-a-lifetime three-day New Year’s Eve spectacular held at the majestic Vic Falls, returns for its second year: bigger, louder and more fun.
The Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is the perfect balance of musical and performance talent, spectacular natural scenery and adventure activities at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and will offer partygoers the
opportunity to enjoy the entertainment and adventure activities in the breathtakingly beautiful surrounds of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A sensational line-up of musicians and artists hailing from
Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, and Namibia has been confirmed.
Organisers are expecting revelers to attend from all Southern African countries and have partnered with tour operators to offer a package for everyone attending the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival.
Just Jinger, Flash Republic, Jeremy Loops, Mokoomba, December Streets, ISO, Shortstraw, DJ Chris Taylor, Ryan Dent, Craig Massiv, Raydizz, Liver, Chikwata 263, Rax, DJ Cmbaville, Judgement Yard, DJ
Francis, Jason le Roux, DJ Ace da Bass
In addition to the fantastic musical centerpiece, Jameson invites this year’s visitors to savour a packed programme of activities. This includes the Steam Train Party Express – an original party voyage with a world-
class DJ on board that will transport party-lovers to a secret bush location for a 5 hour set. Eco-friendly initiatives such as an eco-village, tree planting and recycling community projects, and a huge choice of
adrenaline activities such as bungee jumping, elephant safari and white water rafting. Jameson has pulled out all the stops to create a non-stop carnival playground for a truly unique New Years’ experience with
acrobatics, contortionists, burlesque dancers, fire performers and illusionists.
Tickets sales are open for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival and range from single-day entry to VIP two-day passes. All tickets for the Jameson Vic Falls Carnival are available through www.webtickets.co.za and are
priced as follows:
Single-day entry: US$45 (R400)
Two-day pass: US$55 (R550)
Three-day pass: (29-31 Dec, limited to 400): US$80 (R800)
VIP single day pass: US$70 (R700)
VIP two-day pass (30-31 Dec, limited to 500 in VIP area): US$100 (R1000)
Tickets can also be purchased from Love for Africa. Their contact numbers are as follows: +236 13 46004/5
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JamesonVicFallsCarnival?ref=hl
Jameson Vic Falls Carnival is another epic Seed Experience event. www.weareseed.co.za
Mobile (SA): +27768586801
Mobile (Zimbabwe): +263779555505
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
Seed Experiences is the award-winning agency behind South Africa’s top festivals such as Rocking the Daisies, Sowing the Seeds, Vodacom In the City and the We Are One Colour Festival. The
company also produces 5Gum’s exclusive events as well as the digital industry’s Bookmarks Awards; and will be hosting the Vic Falls Carnival in Zimbabwe this New Year’s Eve.
Accolades include: Winner – Climate Change Leadership Award in the Small to Medium Business Category (2009 and 2010); Winner – Eco-Logic Award for Climate Change (2011); Finalist – Eco-
Logic Award in Transport (2011); Finalist – Mail and Guardian Future Greening Awards (2012); Finalist in the Bookmarks Awards (2012); nominated in the ‘Best Music Festival’ category for the MK
Awards (2012); awarded the Highly Commended A Greener Festival Award (2012); Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Transport (2012) and Winner – Eco-logic Awards in Recycling (2012).
- KLEINEMONDE BEACH HOUSE – HOLIDAY RENTALS – EASTERN CAPE – If you are looking for a beautiful unspoiled spot away from the madding crowds for a family holiday, Kleinemonde Beach House is an ideal holiday home RIGHT on the pristine Kleinemonde Beach. Kleinemonde is a small village 15kilometers from Port Alfred , equidistant between Port Elizabeth and East London. Grahamstown is only 50 kilometres inland. Flanked by the East and West Kleinemonde Rivers the home has lovely views of both rivers and the Indian ocean just metres away. The rivers are safe for swimming and water sports and there are life guards on duty at the beach during the holiday months and long weekends. Beaches are clean and wide and perfect for long walks, ocean sports and kiting. High sand dunes provide for much fun sand boarding. Kleinemonde is an ideal spot for people with families at schools and university in Grahamstown and the nearby cities. A double-storey home with three en-suite bedrooms, one with sliding doors onto an upstairs deck. Downstairs an open plan living area with sliding doors onto the garden and beach. There is a full bathroom downstairs as well as a large double garage with sliding doors onto the garden. The garage is ideal for a teens chill room!. There is an outside shower for rinsing off sand and salt water after swimming as well as a back patio area. Domestic service can be arranged on request.
Only 1.5 hours from Port Elizabeth and East London, and 15 minutes easy access to Port Alfred for shopping, where you have a choice of shops, restaurants, pubs and entertainment. GPS Co-ordinates: 33°32’23.08” S, 27°02’47.29”E For enquiries or bookings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org