25 July 2013
GENERAL NOTICES –
- OLDIES FOOD BOXES – Just a reminder that we are starting to collect for our July “Oldies” food boxes. If you would like to drop off something for our “Oldies” this month please feel welcome to do so. Remember anything helps big or small. Thank you to those who do help when u can, it is very much appreciated. For more info please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org thanks Cathrina
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE NEEDED – A message asked to be forward to any friends that would like to assist. Tim Braybrooke has just returned back from Bulawayo after having surgery on his Throat for cancer. Despite some financial assistance given by an aid agency in Bulawayo for what was deemed to be a small op and a stop of a few hours in hospital, it appears the procedure was bigger and has therefore cost more than the $1550 to $1600 that Tim has, with the aid, raised.
At the moment there is going to be shortfall on the Mater Dei hospital fees, very possibly too on the anesthetist bill plus the follow up costs for the surgeon which are not known. If radium treatment is prescribed which now appears almost a certainty it has to be done in Harare and the oncologist (?) charges to start with I have been told is $1800. Then there are obviously miscellaneous expenses such as bus fares to and from Harare, chemist bills and everything else that goes with the treatment to be thought of…..
I just don’t know what the overall costs might amount to but, I do appeal for financial assistance for Tim, he is in an awful and unenviable predicament – please help. Donations can be made directly into Tim’s bank account If you would like to make a payment please email me on email@example.com and I will pass on his account details. Regards Cathrina
- BUD COCKCROFT IS PLAYING AT BOAT CLUB TO HELP RAISE FUNDS FOR TIM BRAYBROOKE – Bud Cockcroft is doing a gig at the Boat Club on Friday night to raise funds for Timot (Tim Braybrooke) cancer treatment. No entry fee a hat will be sent around. All are welcome.
- NEW CAR WASH IN TOWN – Shine On car wash at Landela Complex car park behind Mama Africa. For all your vehicle cleaning requirements at affordable prices. Contact S. Furusa on 0772 633 214
- GO FLOOR IT PVT LTD – * DECKING,DECKING,DECKING * – Wood Composite Decking (Comes with 10 year warranty), Laminate Wood Floor ( 12 Year Warranty), Up Market Vinyl Flooring, Under Floor Heating( Laminate,Tile and Carpet). Full back up and support.
- CAREER MANAGEMENT CENTRE – Coming soon to Vic Falls. To offer Business courses in Leisure & Tourism, Marketing, Shipping, Logistics, Journalism, Accounting, Computer Engineering, HIV\Aids Management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Public Relations, Short computer courses including ICDL and Pastel Accounting, Secretarial, Entrepreneurship and many more!!! Call us on 0712 410 986 or 0772 907 471. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.cmccollege.com
- FOR SALE
1 x Goldstar 850W Microwave oven – very good condition. Also comes with several microwave recipe books US$ 100
David Livingstone – The Legend behind the Myth- as I am the agent I have plenty in stock, and as it is the 200th anniversary of his birth it might be a good marketing tool.
Paper Back US$ 22
Leather bound Hard Cover US$ 28
Limited Edition Leather Bound US$ 44
Healing Begins with Sanctification of the Heart- No Disease is Incurable – In the latest cutting Edge Medical Research 87 – 95 % of all diseases have been traced back to what goes on in our thought life. US$ 35
Also 12 DVD disc set US$ 46 Contact details – Sarie McKenzie 0712 210 938
- MTH (PVT) – T/A MAKOMWE TRANSPORT & HARDWARE – Std 430 Industrial Sites, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Phone 013 45954, 013 41963, Cell 0712314360, 0772393240, 0712613217, 0774022273, STD 6193 Mkosana T\Ship
>From the foundation up to the roof ALL at one place, We offer the following products at very affordable prices. For all your Building materials. cement, river sand ,pit sand, quarry stone, bricks (all
sizes) paving blocks, Timber ,Boards, Roofing sheets, Paints, floor and roof tiles, Plumbing, electrical, Transport & fueling services
ELECTRICAL MATERIALS –
Distribution boxes from 4 way to 18 way
Mcb s from 5amp to 60 amps
Conduit pipes, electrical cords,meter boards
BUILDING AND GENERAL
Cement ppc and pmc
River sand,Pit sand,Quarry stones
Standard bricks,Industrial bricks,Face bricks
Red pavers,Interlocking pavers
Window & door frames
Roofing sheets,Roofing timber,Ceiling board
Doors and locksets
Floor tiles,Roof tiles
Water paint, oil paint, oxides and primers
All waste pipes, water pipes toilet pans, sinks and tubs
Transport hiring& fueling services
We have also opened other doors at MKHOSANA (Moringa )just for your shopping convenience “we are just a world of everything & ” As long as you are still there MTH will always be there for you
- AFRICA DOT COM – For all your Cellphones & Cellphone Accessories, Camera Accessories & Computer Consumables and Accessories………
Samsung Galaxy s3……….$600
Samsung Galaxy s4……….$850
SAMSUNG LAPTOPS …….Features : windows 7 starter, LCD 15.6”, memory 2GB, HDD 320GB, super multi dual layer(SATA), 1GB LAN, Colour Titan Silver…………$550.
LENOVO LAPTOPS and FUJITSU LAPTOPS………..FEATURES : CPU Intel 2.6G, RAM 4G, HDD 1TB, 15.6” HD LED, Windows 8 EM, DVD RW, Colour Black………..$850.
Memory cards (all types), Flash Drives 2GB – 32GB, USB data cables, 1TB Hard Drives $200, cases, AND LOTS MORE!!!!!!!!!!
AFRICA DOT COM, 16 SOPERS ARCADE, VICTORIA FALLS, +263 77 2663529.
- SALE –Saturday 27th July 2013 – Tuesday 30 July 2013 – 209 West Drive
Orchids – Various
Pot Plant Containers
Series Landrover Engines
2L2 Turbo Hilux Motor
Liquor Cabinet with Turntable and Valve Radio
LP’s / Tapes / CDs
Various Gas Bottles & Appliances
Corrugated Iron Sheets
Horse Riding Chaps
Small Oval Carpet
Other Bits and Pieces.
- NEWS FROM KASANE – “Chobe E-board” – If interested in receiving a copy please email email@example.com
Dumelang and welcome to the first edition of the Chobe E-board, our “Electronic Noticeboard” for the Chobe Region! This is operated by the Kasane Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) (Reg. No. CR0973), a non profit organisation. All proceeds go to benefit the Kasane SPCA’s sterilization and vaccination campaigns.
In this weekly Wednesday circular you will find advertisements, events, sales and specials, rentals, employment opportunities and general notices from around the greater Chobe area.
If you would like to advertise in the Chobe E-board please reply to this email with your advert or notice. The cost/(donation) is P15 per individual and P40 per business, per advert or notice.
NB. Please keep your text as plain as possible – no fancy fonts, images or formatting as we are trying to keep it as simple as we can.
Deadline for text for ads, is by 14h00 each Tuesday, and same goes for payments – these can be dropped off at Kasane Computers shops – Audi Centre (central Kasane) and Kazungula Junction Centre (next to Bimbos). Please remember all payments/donations go towards a very worthy cause, and we thank you in advance for your support!
THE “SMALL PRINT” –The Kasane SPCA assumes no liability for any misinformation provided here within. All adverts and notices have been requested by an individual or business to be distributed in Chobe Buzz and all correspondence should be directed to that individual or business.
- WINTER TIME IS BAKING TIME – Come and get some of my delicious oven ready croissants!
Small (40g) croissants come in packs of 24’s available as Butter / Chocolate / Country (with brown flour and seeds) as well as Country-Chocolate.
Large croissants (70+ g) come in packs of 12’s available as Butter or Herb (herb mix and garlic).
Also available classic Puff Pastry and NEW, very delicious, decadent Butter Puff Pastry (made with 100% butter). This pastry makes the most delicious sweet and savoury dishes! Puff pastry is sold ready rolled, frozen. For enquiries & orders please e-mail Rolf Steiner firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 41590.
- BLISTERS FOR SISTERS SPONSORED WALK IN KASANE
DATE 31st of August 2013
TIME 2 pm starts at the Biodiversity Center
Finishes at Kalahari Tours/ The Coffee Buzz
Please come and join us in support the Kasane leg of the „Journey of Hope Botswana“ Breast Cancer Awareness sponsored walk. For anyone wishing to join the walk the price will be 20 Pula per adult and 10 Pula per child. All funds raised will go towards the Journey of Hope Project. Please wear anything pink in support and high heals for the Blisters. The walk is approxomately 2.5 kilometers and will end at
Kalahari Tours/ The Coffee Buzz with an Arts, Crafts and Food Market. If you wish to book a Stall for this Event please contact Bettina Kelly email@example.com or drop in to make a booking at „The
- COMMERCIAL PROPERTY WANTED FOR RENTAL – Looking for commercial property to rent, large yard with offices suitable for workshop. Please contact Ian Hughes on 0772573158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACCOMODATION NEEDED – Looking for 4-6 bedroomed house to rent soon as possible with a pool if possible. Please contact Ian Hughes on 0772573158 or email email@example.com.
- XTRANET SOLUTIONS – YOUR RELIABLE ICT SOLUTIONS PARTNER – When choosing a support team, you need to be absolutely certain that your technical support partners are able to deliver not only service, but reliable, efficient and working solutions; In other words adding value to your business. By using us as your single and one stop technical response team, you can concentrate on your core business, whilst we concentrate on ours, helping you become more efficient and profitable. We have years of experience in providing ICT solutions; ensuring your business runs smoothly.
We are a very prominent and registered company specializing in the provision of the following;
· Network Solutions – VPN, Wi-Fi, LAN, V-Sat and Third Party application software
· Email Solutions – Domain Registration, MS Exchange and Linux Based Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs)
· Information System audits – System errors; Employee variances from standard operating procedures, and Review of information security policies
· Service Contracts – System maintenance, upgrades and remote and onsite technical support.
· Security – IP based security cameras, storage and firewalls
· Internet solutions – we are partners to several ISPs and IAPs operating throughout the country,
· System Analysis and Design
- USING HOLISTIC LAND AND LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT TO ADDRESS DESERTIFICATION AND CLIMATE CHANGE –Did you know that;
Livestock can increase community resilience to the adverse effects of climate change while also enhancing livelihoods.
The practice of Holistic Land and Livestock Management can reduce poverty, food and water insecurity, droughts and floods, and other adverse effects of climate change.
This cost effective, sustainable, nature-based and highly scalable solution has been successfully used on different landscapes in Africa, Australia, the Americas and Europe. The results are impressive!
Africa Centre for Holistic Management will be presenting a FREE introductory workshop on how to enhance productivity on the land through Holistic Land &Livestock Management. Come and be part of the change that promotes the large scale restoration of the world’s grasslands.
NGOs and Donors supporting Livelihoods, Water and Climate change programs, Land Managers, Parliamentarians, Rural Local Authorities, Government Departments,Farmers and Environmentalists.
August 14, 2013: 9 – 12noon @Dimbangombe Ranch, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Admission is FREE.
To register contact: Sandrah Gilbert on +263772155931-4
- MAFY COOKWARE SET FOR SALE – MAFY 16 Piece cookware set for sale at Elegant Elephant (next to Seven Eleven) with Mushroom edge features, thermos knob. Contact Maggie on 0772 306 014. Terms available and stock running out fast.
- VACANCY – Secretary – Victoria Falls Primary School has a vacancy for the position of School Secretary.
The successful applicant should:
– Be Computer Literate and should be competent in the use of all Microsoft Office Programmes.
– Have good organizational and filing skills.
– Have a good command of the English language, good telephone manners and be able to deal with the public.
– Have an excellent knowledge of the local community, its environment and resources.
– Have a good knowledge of how schools generally function.
– Like children and be able to deal with them.
– Be able to work confidently under pressure and identify priorities.
– Be able to take minutes and manage assets.
– Coaching sport and possessing a valid First Aid certificate will be an advantage.
– Be dynamic, innovated and highly motivated.
If the above criteria matches you and you are interested please submit your application with a FULL CV to:
The Headmaster, Victoria Falls Primary School, P. O. Box 267 Victoria Falls or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open from 1st October 2013. Applications will close 31st July 2013. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- CHILDREN’S BOOKS FOR SALE – Alphabet, Animals, Numbers, Puzzles, Laptops, Story Books – Call Sibo on 0712 390 315
- MAZARI – Mazari, Adventure and Safari Clothing, & Bronson, Workwear Security Clothing and Accessories.
Mazari Safari Clothing : is a classic clothing range and is suitable for tourism sales, Lodge/Hotel Uniforms, Tour Group Uniforms as it is durable and hard wearing.
The range incorporates over 40 styles between ladies and men, is manufactured here in Zimbabwe using 100% cotton with a wrinkle free treatment and a silicone finish in a variety of safari colours .
This exciting adventure wear range is now available at Studio Africana which is in Adam Standler Drive opposite the N1 hotel and FedEx. The shop contact no’s are 013 43541 or Fidelis on 0772 365 876.
Discounts apply for tourist related establishments, please ask when you visit our shop.
Also please visit our website at or call Arnie Howard on +263 772 525 635 for bulk orders.We have currently some MAZARI WINTER SPECIALS as discounted items in Both Men’s and ladies shirts and shorts at great prices, – limited stocks.
Bronson Workwear: We would also like to announce the introduction of BRONSON, a NEW WORKWEAR AND SECURITY range including Overalls, Worksuits, Gumboots, Safety Shoes, Leather Adventure/Safari Boots and Shoes, Housecoats, Dustcoats, Guard Suits and Overalls, Batons, Safety Helments, Handcuffs etc.
Please see our website under WORKWEAR to see the complete range. www.mazariafrica.com
Harare Contact Arnie Howard – Cell: +263 (0) 772 525 635
- DIRT ROAD SAFARI –Great range of good quality, well priced safari gear made in South Africa. Our product will meet your every need – whether you are working or at leisure. All the materials for our clothing range, bags and accessories are 100% cotton canvas, genuine cowhide leather, and antique brass trims. We confidently guarantee that our products are sufficiently robust to withstand the demands of your African Safari. Open every day of the week. Discounts apply to all tour operator’s and guides. Visit us at The Trading Post, Landela Complex, Shop No. 14 for all your ladies and gentlemen’s safari wear. For more information Contact Charlene Nolan 0777161909
- ASTRA PAINTS – For all your paint requirements come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls for the complete range of Astra Paints. For PVA, Gloss, Varnish, Automotive paont, Road Line paint, Pinkwood Primer, Red Oxide Primer, Stoep Paint, Stone & Brick glaze, Bitumen Paint and Sanding Sealer. Also special colour tints done to order and available in 1ltr, 5ltr and 20ltr sizes. Tradepower Victoria Falls, located at 439 Miles road in the industrial sites. Come in and see the selection or phone Neil or Sipho on landline 013 44870/44871 or cell numbers 0774 022 312 – Neil and 0775 996 106 – Sipho. Email us at : email@example.com
- LIMPOPO DAIRIES – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- MASTERCARD & ZIMSWITCH NOW AT TRADEPOWER VICTORIA FALLS – Tradepower Victoria Falls has had the Mastercard swipe card machine and the Zimswitch swipe machine installed for all customers shopping convenience. Now you may shop till you drop and tell our cashiers to “Charge it to my card!!”. No need for you to carry cash on you anymore and much more convenient for your shopping experience. Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- REFURBISHED CELLPHONES FOR SALE – Blackberry and Nokia cellphones for sale. Factory refurbished cellphones available from Tradepower Victoria Falls at incredible prices. Come in and have a look at Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- FAIRHILL CHICKENS – Zimbabwean bred FAIRHILL chickens are outstanding in quality and value. Free Range Whole birds, breasts, thighs, drumsticks, wings or in mixed portions available from Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls. Contact Neil on (013) 44870 / 44871 or cell numbers 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312. Our modern freezing facilities ensure absolute freshness always.