17 July 2013
GENERAL NOTICES –
- FOR SALE – Lounge suite for sale. Consists of two double sofas and one large arm chair. $200.00 Contact 0775 996 062
- FOR SALE – Selling a Bruno 30 06 Rifle as new. contact john on 013 43156 work days cell 0712 612315
- SHARING A STAND AT THE UNWTO – Is there anyone who would be interested with sharing a stand with us for the UNWTO Exhibition towards the end of August. If you are interested please contact Debbie at Hippo Creek Lodge, Masvingo on firstname.lastname@example.org / 0772 603 847 / 039 266883
- COTTAGE OR ONE ROOM TO RENT – I am looking for a small cottage or one room to rent in the low density area or Chinotimba/Mkhosana. Please call on 0777 048 472.my email is email@example.com
- ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE FOR RENT – Fully furnished 2 Bedroom cottage, small kitchen, lounge, verhanda, outside bathroom, private garden & entrance – close proximity to Vic Falls Primary school – available from the 25th July to 2nd September. Affordable rent includes water & zesa. Contact 0773563068
- HOUSE WANTED TO RENT – Looking for a 4 to 5 roomed house to rent in low/medium density. Contact number 0772 747993,0712 375138
- ZIMBABWE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT – Enrolment is in progress for
EXECUTIVE DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS LEADERSHIP – 26 July 2013
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT – 27 July 2013
EXECUTIVE DIPLOMA IN GENERAL MANAGEMENT – 27 July 2013
TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT – 27 July 2013
Enrol now!!! Call: Joy on (013) 46013 Cell: 0776 920 938 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Come and enroll at Pumula Centre, 2nd Floor, Office no. 4 Victoria Falls.
- 2013 FUN ENDURO : WILDLIFE CONSERVATION FUNDRAISER
27TH, 28TH AND 29TH SEPTEMBER 2013
TWO DAYS OF RIDING
+/- 80KM ON DAY ONE
+/- 150KM DAY TWO
COURSE MARKED FOR NOVICE, INTERMEDIATE AND EXPERIENCED RIDERS
QUAD FRIENDLY COURSE
- ZIMBABWE BIRD ATLAS PROJECT (SABAP2) Vic Falls & surrounds – if you are keen to get involved (even though not a BLZ member) with bird atlassing in our area please contact Darryl on 0712610222 or email email@example.com this should be great fun for all & BIRDING WITH A PURPOSE! BLZ subs are now due for 2013/14. Payable to BLZ Byo. I have a few HoneyGuides available for members that may not have received the last two issues… please contact me. Many thanks & HAPPY ATLASSING!!
- RAPHAEL’S PALMS AND PLANTS – 360 Gibson Road Victoria Falls, Phone Raph 0713546803 (preferably) or Sara 0772606233
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 1pm and 1pm to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 12pm
Please phone to ensure Raph is in attendance.
We have a variety of plants including;
Golden Bamboo Palm
Madagascar Travellers Palms
and many more……
- DIRT ROAD SAFARI –Great range of good quality, well priced safari gear made in South Africa. Our product will meet your every need – whether you are working or at leisure. All the materials for our clothing range, bags and accessories are 100% cotton canvas, genuine cowhide leather, and antique brass trims. We confidently guarantee that our products are sufficiently robust to withstand the demands of your African Safari. Open every day of the week. Discounts apply to all tour operator’s and guides. Visit us at The Trading Post, Landela Complex, Shop No. 14 for all your ladies and gentlemen’s safari wear. For more information Contact Charlene Nolan 0777161909
- VACANCIES AVAILABLE – Mama Africa Eating House seeks the following;
1] Chef Manager
2] Restaurant Manager
Drop off application letter, CV and any relevant education and experience particulars at Mama Africa Eating House – Landela Complex
Applications to be in by Wednesday 31 July 2013 and to be addressed to the Operations Manager.
- ULTRA RESOURCES (PRIVATE) LIMITED) t/a Ultra Construction – P.0.BOX 2121,BULAWAYO, 46 ROBERT MUGABE WAY AND 3RD AVENUE, BULAWAYO, ZIMBABWE, TEL: 0712039438/ 0772704425, FAX: +263-9-65998, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
We are a registered company based in Bulawayo experienced in Building and Civil engineering contracting. We are also registered with the State Procurement Board. We are suppliers of construction services nationally for the following ,:
1. Civil Engineering works : Paving, Car Parks, Driveways, Roads
2. Building Construction : Brickwork, Concrete Works, Roofing, Dura walls, Carpentry and joinery, Painting, Electrical, Plumbing services
3. Floors – Epoxy flooring (special facility floors – hospitals, theatres, maternity), Tiling , Paquet floors, Grano, Terazo
4. Waterproofing – concrete roofs, decks , roof leaks, tanking.
5. Light steel fabrication- water tank stands, security walls, gates, etc
Thank you, Yours Faithfully, Nhlabati Jenkins Mpofu. Managing Director
- INVITATION TO THE 2ND CLEANUP MEETING IN PREPARATION FOR THE UNWTO GENERAL ASSEMBLY – Once again the Environmental Management Agency, Environment Africa, Green Fund, Victoria Falls Municipality and the Victoria Falls Waste Management Committee are inviting you to the second meeting to prepare for a massive cleanup exercise to ensure that our town is clean as we approach the General Assembly. The meeting will be held on Friday 19 July 2013 at 10 00hrs at CHINOTIMBA HALL.
Those who did not attend the first meeting please don’t be left out in this noble cause. The clean up exercise is part of the carnival event to enhance our preparedness for the UNWTO General Assembly. A clean environment begins with you. The cleanup is scheduled for the 17th of August 2013.Let us prepare early in order to achieve maximum results.
Thanking you in advance, Maunze D.C (firstname.lastname@example.org) Environmental Officer – Vic Falls
- TREES FOR ZAMBIA: EARTH FEST 2013 – Contact: Lauren or Filippa, Tel: +27 (0)21 461 9265 / +26 (0)96 822 0275 Email: Zambia@greenpop.org
Come celebrate Greenpop’s Trees for Zambia action event with our Earth Fest – a two day music and sustainability festival in the beautiful Livingstone, Zambia!
Greenpop will be in Livingstone 7 – 28th July for the second year hosting Trees for Zambia – a three-week action event based on getting people active about making sustainable changes. During the second weekend of the event, 19 – 20th July, Greenpop will be celebrating the previous two weeks and kicking off the third with a music and sustainability festival, Trees for Zambia Earth Fest 2013.About Earth Fest
The first of its kind, Earth Fest is more than an ordinary music festival – it aims to highlight the tree-mendous musical talent that graces Southern Africa while also bringing together like-minded, forward-thinking individuals who hope to see a greener future for Africa.
The weekend will start off on Friday 19th July in the evening with a party Train Ride from Livingstone train station to the Vic Falls Bridge (DJs and all drinks included). Fest goers can meet at the Livingstone station at 16:30 sharp.
On Saturday 20 July, the festival will move to the Greenpop Village at Livingstone Safari Lodge where, from 15:00, attendees can participate in sustainability workshops. They will have the chance to learn more about what Greenpop is doing in Livingstone and get a taste of a full week’s activities. Music starts from 18:00 and will include performances by Jeremy Loops, Chicken Bus Band, Yes Rasta, Black Light Panda, Pat McCay, Tribute Mboweni, That Mans band and more.
Pricing and Details
Fri 19th Train: $40 or ZMW 230
Sat 20th Concert: $15 or ZMW 80
Double deal (Fri and Sat parties): $50 or ZMW 270
Early Bird Saturday Special: $10 or ZMW 50
Camping at Greenpop Village at Livingstone Safari Lodge on Fri 19th and/or Sat 20th: $10 or ZMW 50 per night (bring your own tent & dinner will be on sale)
Book by calling or emailing: Zambia@greenpop.org / +26(0)96 954 0817
Tickets on sale at:
Vic Falls Steam Train (Vic Falls)
Zimbabwe Tourism office (Vic Falls)
Shoestring backpackers (Vic Falls)
The Spot (Livingstone)
Zambian Tourism Office (Livingstone)
Livingstone Backpackers (Livingstone)
Shearwater Adventures Bridge and Main office (Vic Falls)
About Greenpop: Greenpop is a social enterprise that believes greening and sustainable living can be fun, POPular and accessible for all. They believe in inspiring a greener, more conscious, inclusive movement and do this through tree planting projects, green events, education, social media, voluntourism and activating people to start DOING! Since its inception in September 2010, Greenpop has planted over 24,000 trees in over 230 beneficiary schools, crèches, orphanages, old-age homes, community centers, and deforested areas. Creative tree-care programs have been implemented and children, community members, corporates and volunteers are getting their hands dirty, learning a lot and loving it. www.greenpop.org
About Trees for Zambia: Earth Fest will be taking place during Trees for Zambia in celebration of the event. Zambia has one of the highest deforestation rates in the world and this issue affects the whole of Southern Africa – climate change and deforestation are not country-specific challenges. In 2012 Greenpop launched Trees for Zambia, a reforestation and eco-awareness project which began with a 3-week tree planting event and was followed by an ongoing campaign to inspire awareness about deforestation, climate change, tree planting, environmental sustainability and alternative energy sources. Trees for Zambia 2013 will be the second action event hosted in Livingstone to boost the project and plant 5000 trees in schools, on subsistence farms and in reforestation sites. Again we’ll host educational workshops for school children, subsistence farmers and volunteers. Trees for Zambia is a holistic awareness campaign based on getting people active about making sustainable changes.
The project aims to:
· Create awareness around the deforestation issue and highlight grassroots solutions that can start being implemented
· Develop a culture of planting trees within communities through conservation education, and by teaching people how to plant and look after trees
· Highlight the global value of conserving the world’s natural forests
· Promote and provide alternative energy sources (particularly solar cooking), so that people can move away from the dependence on charcoal
· Start reforestation in protected forest sites to replace the pioneer trees, allowing for new growth and regeneration of soil content
· Educate children on their natural environment, and help feed them by planting fruit trees at under- resourced schools
· Promote conservation farming methods to replace slash and burn techniques that will stop erosion and soil degradation, create more cost-efficient farms and help avoid fires
· Start a micro tree nursery enterprise at a selected number of subsistence farms, so that we can provide farmers with an additional income by buying trees from them
· Create an exciting and stimulating programme of practical work, lectures and workshops for local and international volunteers, through which they can educate themselves and be actively involved in environmental issues
Activities at the project include planting indigenous and fruit trees, working to set up micro-nursery enterprises in surrounding communities, implementing conservation education at local schools, promoting conservation farming techniques and fire prevention among small-scale subsistence farmers, promoting alternative energy sources such as solar cooking in order to reduce the region’s dependence on unsustainable charcoal burning, and a radio and video awareness campaign. If you would like more information on the Earth Fest event or Trees for Zambia as a whole or would care to request to cover the event in your publication, please contact Lauren O’Donnell via email@example.com or +27 (0)21 461 9265 / +27 (0)83 412 8006/ +26(0)96 954 0817. We greatly appreciate all promotions and coverage. For other queries about Greenpop or this particular Trees for
Zambia event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll make sure to answer your message promptly or pass on your message to the appropriate department.
- ASTRA PAINTS – For all your paint requirements come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls for the complete range of Astra Paints. For PVA, Gloss, Varnish, Automotive paont, Road Line paint, Pinkwood Primer, Red Oxide Primer, Stoep Paint, Stone & Brick glaze, Bitumen Paint and Sanding Sealer. Also special colour tints done to order and available in 1ltr, 5ltr and 20ltr sizes. Tradepower Victoria Falls, located at 439 Miles road in the industrial sites. Come in and see the selection or phone Neil or Sipho on landline 013 44870/44871 or cell numbers 0774 022 312 – Neil and 0775 996 106 – Sipho. Email us at : email@example.com
- LIMPOPO DAIRIES – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- VIC FALLS HOME RENTAL – Low Density – Kingsway – fully furnished or unfurnished. 2 large bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, openplan dining/lounge with spacious kitchen & scullery, covered verandah & large garden with staff accomodation. Available immediately. For more info please call 0712 610 222.
- MASTERCARD & ZIMSWITCH NOW AT TRADEPOWER VICTORIA FALLS – Tradepower Victoria Falls has had the Mastercard swipe card machine and the Zimswitch swipe machine installed for all customers shopping convenience. Now you may shop till you drop and tell our cashiers to “Charge it to my card!!”. No need for you to carry cash on you anymore and much more convenient for your shopping experience. Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- ABC AUCTIONS – Cresta Sprayview Renovation Auction – On behalf of Cresta Hotels we shall be selling the majority of furniture, fittings, appliances and equipment coming out of their current Sprayview hotel renovation. The items are from a combination of 60 ensuite rooms, kitchen, pool area, conference centre, laundry, restaurant & reception. Viewing of the items will be on Thursday 18th, Friday 19th of July and on Saturday 20th prior to the auction starting at 09:30am. For more details please contact Joseph Ndawana on 0772 305 328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our Facebook page for photos and updates. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.489249267821530.1073741908.124779577601836&type=1&l=7c511f4c2d
- REFURBISHED CELLPHONES FOR SALE – Blackberry and Nokia cellphones for sale. Factory refurbished cellphones available from Tradepower Victoria Falls at incredible prices. Come in and have a look at Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAIRHILL CHICKENS – Zimbabwean bred FAIRHILL chickens are outstanding in quality and value. Free Range Whole birds, breasts, thighs, drumsticks, wings or in mixed portions available from Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls. Contact Neil on (013) 44870 / 44871 or cell numbers 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312. Our modern freezing facilities ensure absolute freshness always.
- HOUSE WANTED TO RENT – 4 to 5 bed-roomed house located in Vic Falls low density area required for soonest occupation. Please call (Office hours) 013-42022 or 0712 614 470 or email: email@example.com
- HOUSE WANTED TO RENT – Looking for a 4 roomed house to rent. Contact number 0773 473 573. The house will be rented by The Victoria Falls Hotel.
- HOUSE WANTED TO RENT – I am looking for a house to rent, between 4 and 6 bedroomed if possible soon as possible. I am planning on coming up to the falls this week for business so I will be able to come see you if possible. My contact details are Cell +26377257358, +263776868086, +263772317010 Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHINOTIMBA HOUSE FOR SALE –3 Bedroomed – main en suite. Extra toilet and bathroom. Little 2 roomed self-contained cottage. Serious buyers on to contact 0772 405 869.
- HOUSE AVAILABLE FOR RENT – House for Rent: Furnished 3 bedroom house available for rent @ 1st August to 31st August 2013 in low density area – Victoria Falls. Aircon in Main Bedroom, Inverter, DSTV, lights and water and Maid. Please contact Robyne on 0712 209 758 or 013 42449
- BOATS & FISHING – CANOTAGE (BULAWAYO) –FOR SALE: NEAT BASS BOAT WITH 50HP YAMAHA, GREAT CONDITION 4K ONO! COBRA, WAVEMASTER, IMPALA, SUPREMECRAFT 530 BAY SPORT 18ft CAT HULL, RANGER, RUFFNECK RUZI, DERRINGER, OSPREYS (brand new) & MORE!
See: www.facebook.com/marinetorque for pictures & more details. SERVICING & REPAIRS TO ALL OUTBOARD ENGINES
10 years marine experience
MOBILE BOAT SERVICING THROUGHOUT ZIMBABWE. We can display, advertise and sell your boat. Secure undercover premises. Phone: (09) 203 374 / 0712614279 / 0777300248
Email: email@example.com Workshop: McGee Rd, Sauerstown BYO
- GREENPOP EARTH FEST WARM UP PARTIES @ SHOESTRINGS BACKPACKERS LODGE – Featuring Jeremy Loops on the 13th July at 21:00 till LATE & and Tanga Pasi on the 18th July 20:00 till late! $5 cover charge on the gate, all proceeds go to greenpop! Join the Treevolution: Greenpop is holding an Earth Festival in Livingstone on the 19th & 20th July. The first of its kind, Earth Fest is more than an ordinary music festival – it aims to highlight the tree-mendous musical talent that graces Southern Africa while also bringing together like-minded, forward-thinking individuals who hope to see a greener future for Africa see their facebook page for more information. https://www.facebook.com/events/138692082998841/?fref=ts