Welcome to the first ever “social adventure challenge” in the world: 12th – 31st August 2013!!
This is not some fancy race around the world for good-looking people. You do not need a million-buck pick-up truck with more equipment than a NASA space shuttle, and you definitely do not need to spend 6 months hitting the gym, just to get you to the finish line! This event is no ordinary holiday, this is a rugged, rough-around-the-edges social adventure challenge, guaranteed to test you, and your team to within an inch of your life, and will almost definitely leave you needing another holiday after crossing the finish line!
An epic Challenge that starts in Cape Town and spans over 6 incredible Southern African countries, ending at a Finish Line only revealed on completion of the challenge 20 days later.
It is not a race; this is a points-based challenge!
How does it work? Working together as a team, you will journey across 10,000km in 20 days through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique:
Looking for clues and solving crazy riddles, tackling obstacles, completing tasks, digging up buried treasures, collecting puzzle pieces… (And some other secret little missions)
All of which will earn you points and lead your team to the finish line and the Great Heart!
- Fish River Canyon
- Etosha National Park
- Flippin huge Boabab Trees!
- Okavango Delta
- Makgadikgadi Pans
- Chobe / Savuti Game Parks
- Victoria Falls
- Lake Kariba
- Mountains, Rivers & Lake Malawi
- oh… glorious Mozambique!
What do you need? Not a lot! It’s time to get the game-face on. Lubricate that old standard-grade maths brain, get those under 11-D rugby team legs pumping, polish your Murder She Wrote Detective senses and get your McGyver skills ready!
Because you’ll be breaking more than a sweat (and hopefully not a poep-string) as you journey searching for the Spirit of the Great Heart… and the ultimate prize of hoisting for the first time ever: The Mzanzi Trophy!
It requires a true, raw adventure like no other! A journey into pure, untamed, unfiltered Africa!
It requires teams to work together, to embrace the unknown, face up to the challenges, interact with the people of Southern Africa, experience their cultures, taste their customs, traditions and beliefs, immerse themselves in locally prepared foods and fall asleep under African stars not worrying about what tomorrow brings… see the incredible wonders of Southern Africa, deserts, waterfalls, magnificent animals, beaches, lakes….
Only then after 10,000km, 20 days of blood, sweat and tears brought by a thirst and passion for adventure and Africa, will one truly understand what it takes to search for and find ”The Spirit of the Great Heart”.
The Mzanzi Trophy wouldn’t be the greatest adventure challenge on the planet if it were easy!
PLANNING YOUR ROUTE
Teams are responsible for all research, planning and navigation relating to participation in this event. No official all-encompassing route will be provided to teams. You will be provided with coordinates for each leg of the event, starting on Registration Day.
There is no restriction on the type of vehicle you can enter into the Mzanzi Trophy.
We strongly suggest that you choose a vehicle capable of travelling long distances on tarred roads, as well as a vehicle that will cope with dirt roads, but not fall apart if it gets too hot, and won’t disappear under a bit of water. Of course taking a 4×4, with 2 tons of gear bolted to the sides will make life easier and you’ll be able to build a Hilton Hotel each night you stop to camp… but taking a tiny 400kg Datsun with a tent, some 2-minute noodles and your sleeping bag means you’ll survive in Africa just as easily.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
- A very LIMITED place on the first & only social adventure challenge in the world!
- An absolutely insane, mind-blowing, experience of a life time!
- Your chance to compete in the “Searching for the Spirit of the Great Heart” Challenge
…and of course the little things like:
- Mzanzi Trophy Team Pack, includes:
- Vehicle event branding kit
- Challenge Kit
- Challenge Equipment
- Route Guide (with coordinates)
- Limited Edition Inaugural Mzanzi Trophy Clothing
- An epic Mzanzi Trophy launch
- Registration Day – Vehicle and Team checks and administration
- Start Line – An epic event to set you off into the African sunrise!
- 5 Incredible Checkpoint Events
- Namibia – at the world famous Etosha National Park!
- Botswana – Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta and Makgadikgadi Desert Pans
- Zambia – experience the roaring world wonder, Victora Falls
- Malawi – the bliss beaches of Lake Malawi
- Mozambique – a magnificent tropical coastlines, white beaches and fresh seafood
- Checkpoint Vibe
- Meals: Each member of you team will be fed a warm, locally flavoured at each CP.
- Entertainment: Themes, Music, Firesthe best possible way to experience the bush.
- Teams will be pay for Accommodation on arrival, your choice: camping or lodge.
- Finish Line event
- A location, vibe so secret, not even the CIA could crack!
Date: 16 July 2013