2 July 2013
GENERAL NOTICES –
• OLDIES FOOD BOXES – If you would like to assist in this month’s “Oldies” food boxes please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your donation at 638 Syringa Road. All help is very much appreciated. Thanks for always supporting this project. Cathrina, Mel & Laura. We are packing and delivering on Thursday.
• FOR SALE – 4×4 Warn Winch 8000lbs rated. $600 , Aluminium Roof-rack for Landrover Defender $250, 50mm Industrial Water Meter $450. Contact Finn at email@example.com for more info and pictures.
• LEATHER JACKETS FOR SALE – Original leather jackets available,short or long in all colours contact shelly on 0774750737 or 0712767353
• THUNDERCLOUD SPUR – NEW SPECIAL RUNNING DAILY AND AT ANY TIME!!! BASTED OR PERI PERI GRILLED HALF CHICKEN served with Spur style crispy onion rings and chips or baked potato or two hot veges.$8.00 for a sizzling taste for life……350g T-BONE STEAK served with Spur style crispy onion rings and chips or baked potato or two hot veges.$12.00 for a sizzling taste for life. Come and enjoy the taste with us at The Kingdom Hotel, enclosure area every day, all day long from 10am till late. Spur People…people with a taste for life!
• PANAROTTIS – Our moment of brilliance is when every customer walks out of our restaurant a satisfied guest, unable to smile because the jaw line hurts from Deeping into our Pizzas…..let’s all experience this great moment every Tuesdays at The Kingdom Hotel, enclosure area from 1800hrs to 2200hrs…Yes its Bottomless Pizza, where you get to savor all sorts of Pizzas for just $10.00. This past week saw our best consumer of the day munching away 9 slices and walking away with a fabulous reward!!! Congratulations to Mr. Vaughan Turner for being the record breaker so far on the most slices consumed per individual per night. If you know yourself to do better than this, make a date with us and we will find out!!!
• GREENLAND FRUITERERS – We strive to be the best market player in our line of trade hence Reliability, Affordability, Flexibility and Professionalism is what drives us. We are working out a special package for our return customers, please feel free to submit your personal details to our supervisor upon your visit to our shop. Don’t forget to place your orders for door to door deliveries or just pop in at our 83 Pioneer Road, Victoria Falls situate and get satisfaction for yourself.
• A FRIDGE NEEDED – I am looking for a fridge that is needed for an orphanage in the Township. If you are able to assist with a donation of a fridge please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
• VICTORIA FALLS MARATHON – Is looking for Volunteers to help at Registration on the 12th & 13th July and at the finish line on Sunday the 14th July. We will be offering a small daily wage of $25 p/p and lunch will be provided. For anyone that will be able to help please contact Vanessa on 0712 210797 or email on email@example.com.
• STANLEY & LIVINGSTONE PRIVATE GAME RESERVE VICTORIA FALLS – Brand, in line with the guaranteed benchmarks of QUALITY, EXCELLENCE and DISTINCTION, advertises senior managerial position for a: Deputy General Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Job summary: To analyze hotel financials, provide accurate timely reports; maximize profitability and favorably manage relationships with other stakeholders.
Industry: Tourism and Hospitality Industry
Remuneration: We offer a highly competitive and attractive package in line with prevailing market rates. Package will be disclosed to the successful candidate.
– Overseeing day to day running of the entire business in the absence of the General Manager.
– Maintaining proper staffing levels within assigned departments and units.
– Leading by example and be a role model, exhibiting professional conduct while projecting a sense of empathy to guest needs.
– Ensuring proper security of staff and guests.
– Developing departmental budgets.
– Controlling expenses within the assigned areas of responsibility.
– Analyzing and producing business financial interpretation reports working closely with the Finance team.
– Assisting with local sales calls.
– Chairing daily, weekly and monthly operations meetings.
– To oversee food and beverage operations with the view to improving this area.
– Maintaining brand standards through strict implementation of standard operating procedures.
– Keeping employee training current with brand standards.
– Ensuring complete guest satisfaction and making the frontline staff available for interaction with guests continuously and consistently.
– Identifying and implementing product improvement plans on an ongoing basis.
– Providing direction to subordinates as necessary.
– Training and developing employees for promotional opportunities.
– Other duties as specified by the General Manager on an “as needed” basis.
– Must be enthusiastic and energetic with a passion for hospitality.
– A formal Degree or Higher Diploma in Hotel or Tourism Management and any other business orientated qualification.
– Minimum three years working experience as an Operations Manager, Food and Beverage Manager in a Safari Lodge environment an added advantage
– Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
– Proficiency in computers to include Microsoft word, Excel and other hotel operations systems.
– Proven record of success with Quality Assurance reviews and Guests satisfaction.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Thorough understanding of total hotel operations.
– Hotel or hospitality Management qualification
– Must be able to work in a multi-racial environment
– Goal orientated ability to drive sales and customer satisfaction.
– Ability to maximize employee output and potential and be highly conscious of shareholders’ interests.
– A strong food and beverage background
Please apply to: The General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 160 Victoria Falls. Applications must reach us no later than 14 July 2013. CVs to include passport size photograph of applicant.
• TREES FOR ZAMBIA : EARTH FEST 2013 – Come celebrate Greenpop’s Trees for Zambia action event with our Earth Fest – a two day music and sustainability festival in the beautiful Livingstone, Zambia!
Greenpop will be in Livingstone 7 – 28th July for the second year hosting Trees for Zambia – a three-week action event based on getting people active about making sustainable changes. During the second weekend of the event, 19 – 20th July, Greenpop will be celebrating the previous two weeks and kicking off the third with a music and sustainability festival, Trees for Zambia Earth Fest 2013.
About Earth Fest
The first of its kind, Earth Fest is more than an ordinary music festival – it aims to highlight the tree-mendous musical talent that graces Southern Africa while also bringing together like-minded, forward-thinking individuals who hope to see a greener future for Africa.
The weekend will start off on Friday 19th July in the evening with a party Train Ride from Livingstone train station (departure from Vic Falls Hotel for zim passengers 15:15) to the Vic Falls Bridge (DJs and all drinks included). Fest goers can meet at the Livingstone station at 16:30 sharp.
On Saturday 20 July, the festival will move to the Greenpop Village at Livingstone Safari Lodge where, from 15:00, attendees can participate in sustainability workshops. They will have the chance to learn more about what Greenpop is doing in Livingstone and get a taste of a full week’s activities. Music starts from 18:00 and will include performances by Jeremy Loops, Chicken Bus Band, Yes Rasta, Black Light Panda, Pat McCay, Tribute Mboweni, That Mans band and more.
Pricing and Details
Fri 19th Train: $40 or ZMW 230
Sat 20th Concert: $15 or ZMW 80
Double deal (Fri and Sat parties): $50 or ZMW 270
Early Bird Saturday Special: $10 or ZMW 50
Camping at Greenpop Village at Livingstone Safari Lodge on Fri 19th and/or Sat 20th: $10 or ZMW 50 per night (bring your own tent & dinner will be on sale)
BOOKINGS FROM STEAM TRAIN OFFICE:
+236 13 42912
+263 77 9722 118,
Contact: Lauren or Filippa
Tel: +27 (0)21 461 9265 / +26 (0)96 822 0275
• GREENPOP EARTH FEST WARM UP PARTIES @ SHOESTRINGS BACKPACKERS LODGE – Featuring Jeremy Loops on the 13th July at 21:00 till LATE & and Tanga Pasi on the 18th July 20:00 till late! $5 cover charge on the gate, all proceeds go to greenpop! Join the Treevolution: Greenpop is holding an Earth Festival in Livingstone on the 19th & 20th July. The first of its kind, Earth Fest is more than an ordinary music festival – it aims to highlight the tree-mendous musical talent that graces Southern Africa while also bringing together like-minded, forward-thinking individuals who hope to see a greener future for Africa see their facebook page for more information. https://www.facebook.com/events/138692082998841/?fref=ts
• RAPHAEL’S PALMS AND PLANTS – 360 Gibson Road Victoria Falls, Phone Raph 0713546803 (preferably) or Sara 0772606233
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 1pm and 1pm to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 12pm
Please phone to ensure Raph is in attendance.
We have a variety of plants including;
Golden Bamboo Palm
Madagascar Travellers Palms
and many more……
• DOOR FRAMES & WINDOW FRAMES – Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls for the cheapest priced window and door frames in town. In stock are all the popular sizes and other stock available from catalogue. Tradepower Victoria Falls, located at 439 Miles road in the industrial sites. Come in and see the selection or phone Neil or Sipho on landline 013 44870/44871 or cell numbers 0774 022 312 – Neil and 0775 996 106 – Sipho. Email us at : email@example.com
• INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY FOR RENTAL – Available to let Stand 299 Rumsey Road, Industrial Site Victoria Falls. With effect from 1 June 2013. The mentioned complex is 30 x 50 m. The complex comprises of a main reception area measuring 8x6m, there are 4 x rooms situated as separated lockable office space, 3 of the rooms are services with air cons and 1 with an overhead fan.. 2 x large rooms also suitable for additional office space. 1 x large enclosed and lockable workshop. Garage with pit suitable for vehicle maintenance and repair. 2 x outside rooms with separate entrances. 1 x servants quarters. 10 x parking bays under shade cloth. For more information please call Erica on 013 44469, 0774 385 991 or 0712 214 489.
• SAMSUNG AND SOLSTAR APPLIANCES – Tradepower Victoria Falls has received a wide range of Samsung and Solstar home appliances which include, LED & LCD TV’s, Fridges, Gas Stoves, Microwaves and Home Theatres. Come in to our warehouse at 439 Miles Road in the industrial sites and take a look for yourself. Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• LIMPOPO DAIRIES – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106