25 June 2013
GENERAL NOTICES –
- OLDIES FOOD BOXES – If you would like to assist in this month’s “Oldies” food boxes please contact me on email@example.com or drop off your donation at 638 Syringa Road. All help is very much appreciated. Thanks for always supporting this project. Cathrina, Mel & Laura
- MEMORIAL SERVICE – for Steven Diedericks (Stevie D) Will be held at Victoria Falls Boat Club, On Friday 28th June 2013 at 16.00 hrs. Everyone welcome to come and pay their last respects. Tea and coffee will be served, a full cash bar will be available. Please could you bring a plate of snacks x
- FOR SALE –
SAFFRON from Morocco US$5 for 5 gram packets
2 and a half KVA SUZUKI Generator US$200
Hobby Welding Machine US$ 100
Aluminum long range tank US$100
Please phone 0712406584 or 013 42139 or pop into Lorries B&B
- SALE OF VEHICLE – 1991 Toyota Estima station wagon petrol blue in colour – seats 7 people. Good condition $4000 negotiable. Cell 0773563068
- VEHICLES FOR SALE – Phone 0712 747 306
Nissan 2.7D double cab 2001,$7000.
Isuzu 3L double cab 1999,$9000.
- ACCOMODATION NEEDED – Looking for a 3 bedroomed house to rent in the low density area. Please phone 0772284689.
- 4-6 BEDROOMED HOUSE NEEDED TO RENT – I am looking for a house to rent, between 4 and 6 bedroomed if possible as soon as possible. Please contact me on Cell +26377257358, +263776868086, +263772317010, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks very much Regards Ian Hughes
- OUTSPAN BUTCHERY – To all our valued customers, please be advised that we will be closing at 3pm on Friday 28 June 2013 due to the memorial service of our dear collegue and friend Steve Diedericks. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, thank you for understanding.
- PUPPY FOR SALE …1 pedigree male chocolate labrador. 6 weeks old, microchipped, first vaccinations and deworming done. Parents both have papers. Please contact Heather Steyn 0774 401 601 FOR BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS OF THIS PUPPY!!!
- SEEKING EMPLOYMENT – Nyarai is looking for a job, she is very hard working, very honest and trustable. She is desperately looking a for a job. Her contact number is: +263779154108. She stays in Chinotimba.
- STAND AND HOUSES FOR SALE – 1 X 7 ROOMED HSE. 1 X 6 ROOMED HSE. 2 X 5 ROOMED HOUSES. 1 X 4 ROOMED HSE. MEDIUM DENSITY STAND 800 SQ M BTWN SPRAYVIEW AND TURNOFF VID. ALL IN MKHOSANA. CONTACT 0776 093 842 OR email@example.com
- VIC FALLS MTB CHALLENGE – This event was held from 14 to 17 June, and was a huge success. We would like to thank the following people for their help in making this years race a huge success:
Adventure Zone and all their staff
Adventure Lodge and all staff involved
Wild Horizons and their staff
Wild Horizons Trust for use of their land and for Roger Parry and his scouts
Outspan Vic Falls, to Brakkies and Beans for supplying burgers and biltong for the cyclists
Allen Roberts for the Motor Bike back up
Simon Moyo for the medical back up
Simon Saziba for rescuing the motor bikes when they got a puncture
Nakavango estate for allowing us to transit their property and for sponsoring the waterhole at their dam
National Parks for allowing us to cycle through the park
Woodlands community for allowing us to transit their area
Vic falls Hotel, for hosting the prize giving dinner
Stanley Render for paying for the drinks at the final dinner
The results for the first 3 teams were as follows:
|Big Wheels||Cronje, Ben||2:43:35||1||3:37:05||1||3:59:03||1||10:19:43||1|
|Lion 1||Render, Stanley||3:23:10||2||4:30:03||3||4:48:00||3||12:41:13||2|
|Up North||Thomson, John||4:08:07||5||4:24:07||2||4:28:46||2||13:01:00||3|
The cyclists all really enjoyed themselves and have threatened to come back, so we look forward to seeing them next year, thank you all very much for your services. Vic Falls MTB Organisers Www.vicfallsmtbchallenge.com
- COMPUPRO – HEART OF TECHNOLOGY
CANON POWERSHOT A2300 CAMERA (with free bag) $155.00
Specifications: POWERSHOT A2300 – Benefits – 16.0 Megapixels, 28mm wide, 5x zoom lens, 6.8 cm (2.7”) LCD, Slim body in 4 colours, Smart Auto (32 scenes), HD movies (720p) with movie button
CANON MG5340 PRINTER (Includes a spare set of cartridge’s) $235.00
Specifications: – Benefits – Advanced All-in-One, Quick Operation, 5 Single Inks, up to 9600dpi, min. 1pl quality, ISO ESAT speed 12.5 mono/9.3 colour ipm
10x15cm photo in approx. 20sec, Wi-Fi, Auto Duplex & Direct Disc Print, Full HD Movie Print, PIXMA Cloud Link
Price is valid whilst current stocks last. Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street, Between 13th & 14th Avenue, Bulawayo
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
NOKIA 1280 $30
FLASH DRIVES 2GB $9
LAPTOP CHARGERS all types
AND LOTS MORE IN STOCK. …………
AFRICA DOT COM, 16 SOPER’S ARCADE, VICTORIA FALLS, +263 77 2 663 529, 0800Hrs -1730Hrs Closed Sundays.
About Earth Fest
The first of its kind, Earth Fest is more than an ordinary music festival – it aims to highlight the tree-mendous musical talent that graces Southern Africa while also bringing together like-minded, forward-thinking individuals who hope to see a greener future for Africa.The weekend will start off on Friday 19th July in the evening with a party Train Ride from Livingstone train station (departure from Vic Falls Hotel for zim passengers 15:15) to the Vic Falls Bridge (DJs and all drinks included). Fest goers can meet at the Livingstone station at 16:30 sharp.
On Saturday 20 July, the festival will move to the Greenpop Village at Livingstone Safari Lodge where, from 15:00, attendees can participate in sustainability workshops. They will have the chance to learn more about what Greenpop is doing in Livingstone and get a taste of a full week’s activities. Music starts from 18:00 and will include performances by Jeremy Loops, Chicken Bus Band, Yes Rasta, Black Light Panda,
Pat McCay, Tribute Mboweni, That Mans band and more.
Pricing and Details:
Sat 20th Concert: $15 or ZMW 80
Double deal (Fri and Sat parties): $50 or ZMW 270
Early Bird Saturday Special: $10 or ZMW 50
Camping at Greenpop Village at Livingstone Safari Lodge on Fri 19th and/or Sat 20th: $10 or ZMW 50 per night (bring your own tent & dinner will be on sale)
BOOKINGS FROM STEAM TRAIN OFFICE: +236 13 42912, +263 77 9722 118
- “TASTE OF AFRICA” – Dear friends, so hope you are coming to our “Taste of Africa” event, Saturday 29th June at the Mukuvisi Woodlands, Harare, in support of Zimbabwe’s African wild dogs. If you have not got your ticket already, here is a quick update, with great links for detailed information……..
Taste of Africa will be a delicious luncheon of varied speciality foods from Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zanzibar, and South Africa, by top caterer Lee Vermaak, accompanied by complimentary Painted Wolf Wines, and set in a pristine woodland environment. At noon, you will park and walk a short distance through wildlife and Msasa trees, where Painted Wolf Wine and Kelli Barker’s handpainted ‘Wild Bodies’ will hand you a welcome drink as you arrive.
Guests will enjoy ‘Essence of African Wild Dog’ , an art exhibition/sale of over 30 exciting photographs and paintings from as many different artists, and plenty of interaction with African wild dog experts and researchers, all in aid of African wild dog research and education programmes throughout Zimbabwe. This art exhibition will continue on the morning of Sunday 30th June, for the enjoyment of cyclists and walkers participating in the Mukuvisi Fun Rides and Walks.
Jeremy and Emma Borg of Painted Wolf Wines, are your hosts at Taste of Africa. They will be on hand to tell you all about their passion for wine and wild dogs, and their special vision for creating quality wines which truly benefit conservation of African Wild Dogs…….they will also be at the fun rides on Sunday.
Quality auction prizes are offered at Taste of Africa and many generous spot prizes will surprise lucky ticket holders! Wear whatever you wish, but remember, there will be prizes for best hats/bush hats/fascinators….
Tony Vas, The Chisipite String Quartet, and auctioneer/MC Pat Devenish, plus the varied wildlife, will expertly entertain you throughout the afternoon.
Taste Of Africa is supported by many very generous sponsors, and tickets are truly great value at 55 dollars, available from Veldemeers Belgian Chocolates,(Arundel), Mukuvisi Woodlands Office, and The Framing Centre, (Avondale and Borrowdale, 04 874133).
You can also view some of the actual art and auction pieces at The Framing Centre in Borrowdale, and Veldemeers Hand Crafted Belgian Chocolate Shop in Arundel! At Veldemeers, there may even be some art chocolates ready for you to look at, with African wild dog images on them! We are also going to enjoy complimentary Belgian chocolate at the event.
Visit the Facebook page, A Celebration of Painted Wolves, for updates and great images of auction and art pieces: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Celebration-of-Painted-Wolves/204094596348428 here is a link to “Taste of Africa Invite-full, final.pdf” in my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/969rt15jpzptmfx/Taste%20of%20Africa%20Invite%20-%20full%2C%20final.pdf link to Auction and Spot Prize catalogue online is http://www.africanwildlifeconservationfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/TasteofAfrica_Catalogue_2013.pdf
Or can be accessed through http://www.africanwildlifeconservationfund.org/projects/lowveld-wild-dog-project/
Link to the art exhibition “Essence of African Wild Dog”: http://wildlifeandwilddogs.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/essence-of-african-wild-dog-art-exhibition/
- RAPHAEL’S PALMS AND PLANTS – 360 Gibson Road Victoria Falls, Phone Raph 0713546803 (preferably) or Sara 0772606233
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 1pm and 1pm to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 12pm
Please phone to ensure Raph is in attendance.
We have a variety of plants including;
Golden Bamboo Palm
Madagascar Travellers Palms
and many more……
- ECO LOGICAL SAFARIS & TRAVEL – The world, safaris, air charter, accommodation, commercial flights and holiday packages through an experienced travel house. Find us at Colshar House, 127 Leopold Takawira Ave, opposite the Bulawayo City Hall between Trust Bank & the Selbourne Hotel. Tel: (09) 61189 / 888790 / 69559 Skype: jignasha_ecological Email: firstname.lastname@example.org FLIGHTS
Bulawayo to Harare return from just $106.00
Bulawayo/Harare to Joburg return from just $278.00
London return $899.00
Dubai return $695.00
Perth return $1320.00
New York return $1100.00
Beijing return $1208.00
Guangzhou return $1188.00
Bombay return $796.00
November 2013 – 4 Nights routing from Cape Town via Port Elizabeth to Durban including all meals and entertainment. From just R2500.00 per person sharing.
December 2013 – 3 Nights routing from Durban to Portuguese Islands and back to Durban including all meals and entertainment. From just R3600.00 per person sharing.
February 2014 – 7 Nights routing from Durban to Portuguese Islands, Anakoa, Fort Dauphin back to Durban. Includes all meals and entertainment. From just R5900.00 per person sharing.
EGYPT CAIRO & BEACH COMBO PACKAGE
Combine the history of Cairo with the azure seas of Sharm el Sheik. Return flights from Joburg, airport transfers, 6 nights accommodation in 4* hotels (2 nights B&B with guided tours & 4 nights all inclusive beach resort). From only R14000.00 per person sharing.
FAMILY SAVING IN LUXURY MAURITIUS
4* family friendly beach resort with flights ex Joburg, transfers, land and water motorised sports, breakfast and dinner daily, kids club daily and one child under 6 shares free per adult!! >From just R13000.00 per adult sharing (remember up to two childred under 6 fly & stay FREE!!)
TALLEST HOTEL IN THE WORLD – REACH FOR YOUR DREAMS
Dubai’s luxurious JW Marriott Marquis is the tallest hotel in the world at 355 metres. Spread across 2 iconic towers each floor has only 14 state-of-the-art rooms with commanding views. 9 restaurants and 5 bars including Vault – a formal lounge and cigar bar spanning the 71st and 72nd floors, a pool deck, and the sublime Saray Spa and Health Club ensure that every guest is well catered for. The location in Business Bay provides easy and convenient access to Dubai Mall, the Burj Khalifa, Jumeirah Beach and The Palm. Take advantage of their fabulous summer sale – book before 10th July 2013 for travel from 17th June to 15th September 2013 and pay only R1100.00 per person per night in a Deluxe Room inclusive of breakfast.
- DOOR FRAMES & WINDOW FRAMES – Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls for the cheapest priced window and door frames in town. In stock are all the popular sizes and other stock available from catalogue. Tradepower Victoria Falls, located at 439 Miles road in the industrial sites. Come in and see the selection or phone Neil or Sipho on landline 013 44870/44871 or cell numbers 0774 022 312 – Neil and 0775 996 106 – Sipho. Email us at: email@example.com
- INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY FOR RENTAL – Available to let Stand 299 Rumsey Road, Industrial Site Victoria Falls. With effect from 1 June 2013. The mentioned complex is 30 x 50 m. The complex comprises of a main reception area measuring 8x6m, there are 4 x rooms situated as separated lockable office space, 3 of the rooms are services with air cons and 1 with an overhead fan.. 2 x large rooms also suitable for additional office space. 1 x large enclosed and lockable workshop. Garage with pit suitable for vehicle maintenance and repair. 2 x outside rooms with separate entrances. 1 x servants quarters. 10 x parking bays under shade cloth. For more information please call Erica on 013 44469, 0774 385 991 or 0712 214 489.
- SAMSUNG AND SOLSTAR APPLIANCES – Tradepower Victoria Falls has received a wide range of Samsung and Solstar home appliances which include, LED & LCD TV’s, Fridges, Gas Stoves, Microwaves and Home Theatres. Come in to our warehouse at 439 Miles Road in the industrial sites and take a look for yourself. Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- LIMPOPO DAIRIES – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- GO FLOOR IT PVT LTD – Fantastic Decking Option – Wood Composite Decking (Comes with 10 year warranty), Laminate Wood Floor ( 12 Year Warranty), Up Market Vinyl Flooring, Under Floor Heating(Laminate,Tile and Carpet). Full back up and support. Please contact us for if you have any queries, 04 – 336456, 0772 809 300, 0772 336 540,0778 414 622. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com