“Vic Falls News”
2 May 2013
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below.
This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
- ADVERTS – Just a reminder that adverts go out every Tuesday & Thursday evening. Please send it in a word or email format, as is easier to copy and paste. Please don’t send photos or logos.
- WOK ‘N ROLL – Tired of cooking?? The Wok ‘n Roll offers delicious Chinese\Thai Stir-fries and Burgers. You can call in your orders on 43429 and please ask for the Wok ‘n Roll. Please don’t use the cell number last advertised as our phone was stolen. Thanks always for your support.
- TOYOTA LUCIDA FOR SALE – Toyota Lucida for sale as is, highest cash offer drives it away, call 0712 559 349
- SHIPPING CONTAINER FOR SALE -20 ft. sea worthy compliant in perfect condition. $4,000, collect Harare. Please call 0778 731 794 or 5
- JUMPING CASTLE, SLIDE $ SIDE WITH POND 4m x 8m FOR HIRE – Jumping Castle, slide @ side with pond 4m x 8m for hire. Please contact +263 772 225 275
- IPHONES FOR SALE – IPhones 4, 4s and IPhones 5 for sale. Ipad 3 for sale. Please contact +263 772 225 275
- CLOTHING & TOYS FOR SALE – Toys for sale, Men & Ladies Jeans, Ladies Tops, Men’s Shirts, Ladies & Men’s shorts, Shoes, Handbags, Belts and so much for available. Contact Netsai for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
- WINDSCREEN REPAIRS & REPLACEMENTS COMING TO VIC FALLS – Windscreen Repairs n Replacements Coming to Vic Falls from 13 May to 18 May 2013, Please make a booking in advance to avoid disappointment. Call or e-mail Stanley on +263773051810 or email@example.com
- RE: CHEESEMAN OPENING HOURS DURING MAY – Please note that during the months of May and June Cheeseman will be operating on a ‘half week’ basis due to a personal family medical crisis. Half week meaning that we will only be open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with opening hours of 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. on a Saturday. For any queries please contact; Cheeseman Bulawayo, Steed Hutchings, (09) 77354, 0772 268 625, firstname.lastname@example.org Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- WANTED – Live in domestic worker/ child minder. Must be able to cook. Experience is an advantage. For more information, please contact Robyne van Wyk at Tell (Botswana) (267) 6252483/7213816 (Vic Falls) 42449
- SWIMMING\TENNIS TEACHER NEEDED – Looking for someone to train my kids how to swim and play tennis. Please email email@example.com
- CAREER MANAGEMENT CENTRE – Coming soon to Vic Falls. To offer Business courses in Leisure & Tourism, Marketing, Shipping, Logistics, Journalism, Accounting, Computer Engineering, HIV\Aids Management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Public Relations, Short computer courses including ICDL and Pastel Accounting, Secretarial, Entrepreneurship and many more!!! Call us on 0712 410 986 or 0772 907 471. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.cmccollege.com
- SWIMMING POOL CHEMICALS & ANCILLARY PRODUCTS -Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls have just received Blu 52, swimming pool test kits, Eezi Pool for large or medium pools, chlorine, liquid or dry acid and algae clear. We also have leaf nets, pool brushes, vacuum kits, floaters, and pool hoses. Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls have a solution for pool to keep you super cool!!! Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com
- GEMS OF AFRICA JEWELLERY SHOP – Situated at The Kingdom Hotel Shop # 6 The Great Enclosure inside the Hotel’s Curio Shop. COME AND VIEW OUR SPECIAL RANGE FOR ALL BRIDAL JEWELLERY, ENGANGEMENT RINGS, PENDANTS, NECKLACES IN PURE GOLD AND SILVER. We also do custom made jewellery to suite each individual’s needs on request and can facilitate instalment payments to suite your budget then collect on completion. CONTACTS DETAILS: – +263 773 462 430 / +263 712 590 780 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- RUSSEL HOBBS KITCHEN APPLIANCES – Time to give your kitchen a makeover with genuine Russell Hobbs kitchen appliances available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock Kettles, Toasters, Food Processors and Hand Blenders to spruce up the kitchen. Come in and see it for yourself at Tradepower Victoria Falls at stand 439 Miles Road Victoria Falls Industrial Sites. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- RESTONIC BEDS FOR SALE – Restonic Infinity beds for sale queen and king size only in stock please; +263772975012 or +263772525229.
- LEATHERMAN TOOLS FROM TRADEPOWER VICTORIA FALLS – Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls and get yourself or a loved one the ultimate pocket tool, a Leatherman pocket knife. Invest in a Leatherman multi-function pocket knife and you will have a mini tool kit with you at all times. We have in stock 5 different types and more available on request. Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- FOR SALE – Available at motherboard brand new one year guarantee LG 42″ high defination LCD @ 1250usd, lenovo laptop duo core 560usd , hp dektop pro core i3 695usd, Samsung 32inch LED TVs. We also do Computers repairs and maintenance, software installations and sales and computers networking. Contact us at E1, 1st floor, Phumula centre, Victoria Falls or 0772 719 088
- LED LENSER LED TORCHES – State of the art, high end power LED torches are now available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock the LED Lenser range of LED torches at Tradepower Victoria Falls. LED LENSER – Creating New Worlds of Light, Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls where we are situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- DRIVER\GUIDE VACANCY AVAILABLE – We are a Travel and Touring Company with operations in Victoria Falls and are looking for a Driver/Guide – preferably with “O” Levels including English, three years Guiding experience and in possession of Driving License Classes 1, 2, 4 and 5. Interested individuals should send applications to the HR Manager at email@example.com.
- CATTSBEAUTE` -Fine fragrances & luxury cosmetics, Featuring over twenty-five international fragrances brands and prestige cosmetic houses.
- NOW OPEN – Shop 7, Zonki’izizwe Shopping Centre, Bradfield, Telephone 09-79273 for further information on product availability and prices or call in on your next visit to Bulawayo to meet the trained consultants and enjoy the ambience! For your convenience you may pay for your purchases and collect your purchases at: Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on 0775 996 106. Your items will then be sent up on the next available weekly truck for your collection at no extra charge
- VALUE GAS – NOW OPEN!!!! We have opened a Gas refill shop in Victoria Falls. 434 Pioneer Road, industrial area, opposite Trade Power Wholesale. We will be refilling gas bottles and we also have Oxygen for sale. Great prices and discounts for large orders such as 48kgs. We are filling all size gas tanks. Call 0773 037897, 0775722488
- FISHING EQUIPMENT IN VICTORIA FALLS – Tradepower Victoria Falls has received new fishing equipment for the avid angler. Restock your fishing tackle box and equipment with new reels, rods, line, spinners, trace, hooks , swivels and other small accessories. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- “OUR PLACE”, Bed & Breakfast/Self -Catering Accommodation, Louis Trichardt – Ideal stopover for shopping or breaking a trip further south. We provide security, comfort, tranquility and affordibility! 15 kilometers from Louis Trichardt on the N1 south, turn right into Airforce Base Road and 1 km down to “Our Place” signpost on the left. Directions: GPS S23/11/48.3 E29/51/48.9 AA recommended. Bookings appreciated in advance Landline: + 27 15 516 5706 Cell phone: 27 73 9390773 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BLANKETS & HEATERS TO KEEP YOU WARM THIS WINTER – New stock of blankets and heaters have just arrived at Tradepower Victoria Falls for all bed sizes. Come in and see our wide selection and make sure you keep warm this winter. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- RETURN WHAT IS NOT YOURS – Please, whoever borrowed my sleeping bag, a very expensive K-Way which packs very small and my son’s sleeping bag a bright blue coloured one, I would really appreciate them being returned to me asap. I have also had someone borrow my collection of Godfather DVD’s, also anyone else who has DVD’s of ours please can they also return these to me or Vanessa ASAP.
Lastly, I am selling some of the Gym equipment at my house, anyone interested in some of the free weights and machines which I have on offer, let me know, as this is going to the highest bidder and I already have offers on some. First with cash gets them, I am not interested in any credit so do not bother asking. Thank you. Brent Williamson – 013 44726, or email me on email@example.com and I can send you more details.
- 1st AFRICAN WOMAN’S ART EXHIBITION – We are excited to invite you to the 1st African Woman’s Art Exhibition held at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge Conference Room on Saturday the 4th of May 2013 from 4 pm till end and Sunday the 5th of May from 10 am to 1 pm. Patron and Speaker will be world renowned Painter Larry Norton. Artists participating:
From Zimbabwe – Kerry Bradford, Nicole Sanderson, Sharon Parry, Virtuosi Institute, Sue Cotteral, Luciana Dinara, Martha Tawapei and Alison Baker.
From Botswana> Christiane Stolhofer, Bettina Kelly, Tina Claffey, Sue Griesel and Cathy Rann.
From Zambia> Alli Shanton, Tamryn Pohl, Kim Phippen for Sue Hancock and Clare Mateke.
On Show and on Sale will be Paintings, Mosaics, Frames, Paper Machier, Bags and much more. Entrance Fee per guest will be US 2 per person. There will be a free wine tasting along with Wendy from Stable Winery. firstname.lastname@example.org Moneys raised will be going towards ROAC (Rock Of A Community) an Education and Skills Training Program for vulnerable women and their children in Victoria Falls under Sharon Parry. If you would like to find out more or support ROAC please feel free to contact Sharon Parry email@example.com If you have any questions about the Exhibition, please contact the Organizer Bettina Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE ZIMBABWE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT OPENS OFFICE IN VIC FALLS – The Zimbabwe Institute of Management recently opened office in Victoria Falls at Pumula Centre, 2nd Floor, office no.4. It is offering Short Courses, Diplomas and Masters Programmes in partnership with the Midlands State University. Enrolment is in progress for the Executive Diploma in Business Leadership. ENROL NOW!! Call: Joy on (013) 46013 Cell: 0776 920 938 Email:email@example.com
- ROSEPET DRIVING SCHOOL – Come and book your class 4 driving lesson today. We have the best instructors and vehicles in town. Bookings done at the Rosepet town offices at 20 Galleria Building, Victoria Falls. Right in the CBD for your convenience!! Alternatively you can call us on landline 013-45088, cell numbers 0776 625 777 or 0715 412 222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: rosepetzim, Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RosepetEnterprises
- WEIGHT LOSS SOLOUTION –Phentabz..The NO 1 selling diet pill in America. Now available in Zimbabwe. Phentabz are clinically designed to;
– Suppress Appetite
– Increase Metabolism
– Increase Energy Levels
– Accelerate Fat Mobilization
– Loose Weight Safely
– Loose body fat not just water retention
Phentabz seriously reduces your hunger levels allowing you to make the right choices when it comes to food. It increases your energy levels allowing you to get through the day and also exercise if you want to … at the same time it accelerates your metabolism & fat burning which means your genetics will no longer hold you back.
For more info contact – Tania Norris on 0772 702280,
- ROSEPET BOOKSHOP – Books, stationery and computer consumables available at Rosepet Bookshop;
– Printer and Toner Cartridge (HP;SAMSUNG;CANON,LEXMARK…)
– Memory Cards
– Flash/Memory Sticks
– Mouse, etc…
– All your office and school stationery requirements………
– Files, Invoice books,pens….
– Fax and till rolls……..
– Flip charts…etc
– Bond Paper (Including Color & Rainbow Bond paper)……………
– Birds & Mammal books
-Greenbooks (All Levels)
-Turn Up Revision Questions and Answers (these provide more detailed question and answers for all levels)
– Pass Your Grade 7 Maths, English, General Paper etc
– Bibles for all age groups (English, Ndebele and Shona)
– RSV Bibles for High Schools
– Novels for all ages (English, Ndebele and Shona)
– Children’s books
– Primary & Secondary School books- All levels!
– Sunrise book 1 – 20
– Student Companions
– Motivational and Inspirational Books
– And many more…………………
Visit us at Shop Number 20, 1st Floor Galleria Building (Above TelOne). For orders and free deliveries anywhere within Vic Falls call us on landline 013-45088, cell 0776 625 777 / 0715 412 222. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAZARI ADVENTURE & SAFARI CLOTHING – is again now available in Vic Falls. This is a classic clothing range is suitable for tourism sales, Lodge/Hotel Uniforms, Tour Group Uniforms as it is durable and hard wearing. The range incorporates over 40 styles between ladies and men, is manufactured here in Zimbabwe using 100% cotton with a wrinkle free treatment and a silicone finish in a variety of safari colours. This exciting adventure wear range is now available at Studio Africana which is in Adam Standler Drive opposite the N1 hotel and FedEx. The shop contact nos are 013 44244 or Fidelis on 0772 365 876.
We have an opening SALE of many of our most popular styles starting on Monday, so come in and stock up Discounts also apply for tourist related establishments, please ask when you visit our shop. Also please visit our website at www.mazariafrica.com or call Arnie Howard on +263 772 525 635 for bulk orders.
- VICTORIA FALLS GREEN FUND (VFGF) CALL FOR APPLICATIONS (March 2013) – The Victoria Falls Green Fund (VFGF) is an environmental welfare fund initiated by Environment Africa whose Board of Governors appoints an independent Board of Trustees in Victoria Falls to manage the fund within the laws of Zimbabwe. Members and contributors of the Victoria Falls Green Fund participate by contributing to the capital base of the fund to enable environmental and social welfare organizations and projects in the region of Victoria Falls to meet increasing environmental demands. We invest in local solutions to our planet’s most pressing environmental problems.
The Victoria Falls Green Fund has opened its first round of call for small grants in 2013 for community groups or organizations to support sustainable environmental activities. Small grants amounting between $200.00 to $500.00 will be awarded to the most innovative and sustainable projects to be implemented in Victoria Falls. Our grants amounts are large enough to take action, but small enough that they do not overwhelm the groups or create undue burdens for financial management. The idea is to support action oriented projects with high impact. Innovation will not be limited to environmental activities only but could also cover the following:
· Inventions i.e. energy saving equipment, recycling,
· Waste management
· Clean ups
· Art work promoting environmental conservation i.e music, reuse of scrap material to produce eco-friendly products for commercial purposes
1. Fill in the application form by WEDNESDAY 5TH JUNE 2013 at 2359Hrs GMT! The application form can be requested by emailing: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, this must also be submitted by the deadline. Any application forms received after the deadline or sent to emails other than the above stated emails will not be considered.
2. Your group/organization must be based and working in Victoria Falls.
3. Members of the youth group/organization have to be aged between 16 – 30.
4. The proposed project for which you are seeking grants must meet the sustainability criteria and must demonstrate creativity.
5. In the summary document, a breakdown of cost (budget) should be shown.
6. Amounts requested should be between USD$200.00 to $500.00.
7. Priority will be given to groups working at the grassroots.
8. Your organization / group MUST have been functional by March 2012.
For more information, please visit the link: https://docs.google.com/a/environmentafrica.org/forms/d/1ihk0aUQdrSgiK2_Lktw4NUNcIEpqJ6IERa-bQFFPzPQ/viewform
Visit or call us on: 6078 Mkhosana, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, and Cell: +263 772 443 848 / +263 774 788 082, Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that individuals may also apply. Please kindly develop your budget on excel sheet and attach separately on email.
- AN ARTICLE TO REMEMBER – BURNING OF LEAVES – autumn is here, the leaves are falling and already an alarming number of residential bonfires are being set. Choking on an inconsiderate neighbour’s leaf smoke is more than just an irritation: it can pose serious health risks. The open burning of leaves produces particulate matter and hydrocarbons (similar to those found in tobacco smoke), which contain a number of toxic, irritant, and carcinogenic (cancer-causing) compounds, as well as carbon monoxide.
1. The particulate matter consists of tiny particles (<10 microns) that can reach the deepest regions of the lung and remain there for months. Particles less than 2.5 microns are the cause for most concern as these can penetrate blood vessels and lead to heart attacks and strokes. Breathing particulate matter can increase the chances of respiratory infection, reduce the volume of air inhaled and impair the lungs’ ability to use that air. Particulate matter can also trigger asthma attacks.
2. Because leaves are often moist and burn without proper air circulation (those insidious smouldering fires that last all night!), they often burn poorly, producing high levels of hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbons are chemicals, e.g. aldehydes and ketones, that can cause irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs, and can cause cancer in the long term.
3. Carbon monoxide is an invisible gas that results from incomplete combustion in burning leaf piles. Carbon monoxide is absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs and combines with red blood cells. This reduces the amount of oxygen the red blood cells can absorb and supply to body tissues. Unborn children, new-born infants, smokers, the elderly, and persons with heart and chronic lung disease are the most susceptible to carbon monoxide.
Additionally, burning organic matter also releases carbon dioxide into the air which can contribute to global warming and climate change. Current CO2 levels in the world are 391 parts per million (ppm), a whopping 111ppm greater than pre-industrial levels of 280ppm! We need to take protecting our air quality seriously. I’m sure nobody wants to don respirators just to go outside as residents have to do in Beijing. Our children may well be faced with that prospect if we do not do something. There are 7 billion people that we share this planet with, and we each need to make sure we are not part of the problem.
The eco-friendly alternative of disposing leaves is to make compost. Composting is a simple process that involves placing yard trimmings and other organic materials such as vegetable peelings into a pile or bin. Microorganisms gradually break down the yard trimmings. The process is speeded up by watering the compost heap and turning it occasionally to mix in oxygen. You can cover with plastic once watered to keep the moisture in. Use the compost to enrich your soil – your plants will love it.
Also, don’t be afraid to educate your neighbours on the hazards of leaf burning. Awareness is needed. GOOD AIR QUALITY IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY!