“Vic Falls News”
5 March 2013
Today’s mighty oak is just yesterday’s nut that held its ground.
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below.
This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
- SAVANNA WOOD ANNUAL SALE – We are holding our annual sale at 452 Miles Road, Vic falls, beginning on the 8th March. Beautiful railway sleeper pubs and executive desks will be on sale, splendid dining or boardroom tables, bookcases, coffee tables and much more. There are restaurant chairs and tables too, bar stools, and all sorts. Lots of Deluxe Director’s chairs, great for camps, or your veranda. If you are after a bed to last a lifetime, you’ll find it here. Oh, and Morris chairs. Delightful Morris chairs in mahogany, teak and bleached hardwood. Not to mention cabinets – special plasma TV cabinets. For Details please contact Sindi on firstname.lastname@example.org or +263 13 44468
- HOUSE CLEARANCE SALE – House clearance sale at 503 Acacia Crescent Victoria Falls. Saturday 9th March at 10am. The following items are for sale:
Upright fridge $100, 1 seater couch $50, 2 seater $90, dressing table, $150, vegetable rack $15, dressing table $150, tent $65, curtains $10 per pair, kitchen table and two chairs $75, 2 plate stove $50, toy box
$60. Double bed $250, head board $150, pram $50, big plastic baths $15 each and other kitchen smalls ranging in price. Everything must go, so first come first served. For more info call 0777 737 787.
- ACCOMODATION URGENTLY NEEDED – A family urgently looking for a full house to rent in the low density suburb from the 1st of April. Contact 0772645012.
- ACCOMODATION NEEDED – Searching for a three to four bedroomed house for the month of June. Property has to be situated in a low density suburb. A year’s contract on offer. Please contact me on 0775637215.
- AFRICA.COM – For all your cellphones and cellphone accessories,camera and camera accessories and suppliers of computers,computer consumables and accessories. Shop No 16 Sopers Arcade,Victoria Falls, 0772 663 529
- MULTI MANUFACTURERS – FOR YOUR CLEANING MATERIALS – 87 Barry Road, Victoria Falls (next to Outspan Butchery), Ph 013 44825, 0772 507 940, 0773 890 371 or email Jenny on email@example.com
Our products are approved by the Standards Association of Zimbabwe.
We have in stock:
5 lit Dishwash – $9 or $6
5lit Hardsurface cleaner (concentrate) – $11
5 lit Multi Pine Toilet Cleaner $11
5lit 5% Bleach $9
5 lit Sanitising soap $11
5lit Room freshener $17
Plus Laundry powders, Fabric softener, window cleaner, scouring powder, Engine cleaner, Liquid Hand soap, car shampoo, floor polish.
- VICTORIA FALLS MUNICIPALITY – Attention Residents of Victoria Falls. The Victoria Falls Municipality wishes to inform all residents and stakeholders that it intends to carry out a feasibility study for the construction of a New General Landfill in the town of Victoria Falls. In recognition of the need for environmental preservation and management, Victoria Falls Town Council is proposing to develop the New General Waste Landfill in compliance with the Environment Management Act’s Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) requirements. The New General Waste Landfill project scope covers site selection, landfill design, the full spectrum of waste management from waste generation, waste collection, waste transportation, waste treatment and waste disposal. In the process, possibility of waste reuse, recycle, reduction should be clearly articulated. It is important to note that waste management projects are prescribed in terms of the first schedule of the Environmental Management Act (CAP20: 27) and therefore requires a compulsory Environment Impact Assessment. Section 22 of the Statutory Instrument 6 of 2007 compels anyone developing a waste management facility to ensure that the design satisfies the basic standards.
Victoria Falls Town Council has engaged Harare Institute of Technology Environmental Consultancy (HIT ENVIRO) one of the leading environmental consultancy company in Zimbabwe to carry out the feasibility
study. They are being represented by Dr. A Phiri and Miss m Manyuchi and residents are kindly requested to render them all the necessary assistance they may require.
HIT ENVIRO hereby invites comments/views on the proposed project from any interested or affected parties. You may forward your comments directly to the contact details below. Though stakeholder
consultations will be maintained throughout the project life, may you submit your comments before 16 March, 2013 to facilitate finalisation and submission of the EIA Report to the Environmental Management
Agency (EMA) for review.
Contact persons: Pr Eng Anthony Phiri (Principal Consultant) Mr Lot Mumpande (Project Coordinator), Harare Institute of Technology Victoria Falls Town Council, P O Box BE 277, Ganges Road P.O. BOX 41
Cell: +263-774 379 969 Cell: +263-772 127 098
Brian T. Nyamande, Public Relations & economic Development , Victoria Falls Munucipality, Livingstone Way, P.O.Box 41, Victoria Falls, Tel: +263 13 44311, 43531-3 ext 245
- SEEKING EMPLOYMENT – I am Fungai Sithole,33yrs, female. Have worked at Inyathi Valley Motel reservations for 5yrs the other two years i was a marketing represatative. (from 1997 to 2004). Since then have been studying while self employed. Hold a diploma equivalent to general degree in Human resourses with I.A.C, currently studying a Masters In Business Administration 3rd & final year. Hold a clean class 4 driver’s licence with 11yrs experience. Anything in reservations, reception, marketing, Human resources or even teaching commercial subjects or any level at primary. Please contact Cell 0776408014 Cell 0713402010Ref Greta Cell 0712727258 Wildhorizon
Sbono Cell 0773890960
Nomsa Cell 0712597663 Ilala lodge
- VIC FALLS ANTI POACHING UNIT AND VIC FALLS STEAM TRAIN FUND RAISER –
23 March 2013
Departs 16h30 until late
Tickets on sale at Liquorama and at the Steam Train offices.
EVICTED and are playing at this event. Please get your tickets. On behalf of VAPU we would like to thank everyone who has donated so far. There are wonderful prizes to be won. Main sponsor for this Event: Liquorama
Prizes to be won so far are:
Chobe Marina Lodge – 2 nights for 2 people
Sable Sands Hwange – 1 night for 2 people
Amalinda – 1 night for 2 people
Camp Hwange – 2 nights for 2 people
Chundu Island – 2 nights for 2 people
Angle Zambia – Fishing for 2 people
Bush Cuisine – Cruise Dinner for 2 people
Lion Encounter – Lion Walk for 2
Donations so far are;
Ilala – Snacks
Sprayview – Snacks
Africa Cafe – Snacks
Rainbow – Snacks
Wild Horizons – snacks
Lola’s Cafe – Snacks
Francis – DJ
Zambezi Traveller – Advertising and News Papers
Heather Steyn – Photography for the Event
Adventure Zone – Shooter Glasses
- NESTLE ICE-CREAM – Now available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. Come in and get Nestle 2ltr Ice-Cream in the following flavours: Chocolate , Choco-Mint, Custard, Rainbow, Peppermint and Milky-Bar. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- “OUR PLACE”, Bed & Breakfast/Self -Catering Accommodation, Louis Trichardt – Ideal stopover for shopping or breaking a trip further south. We provide security, comfort, tranquility and affordibility! 15 kilometers from Louis Trichardt on the N1 south, turn right into Airforce Base Road and 1 km down to “Our Place” signpost on the left.
Directions: GPS S23/11/48.3 E29/51/48.9. AA recommended. Bookings appreciated in advance Landline: + 27 15 516 5706 Cell phone: 27 73 9390773 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PETER THE PLUMBER – For all your plumbing please contact Peter on 0774565601.
- VEHICLE FOR SALE – Isuzu 2.5 D Fleetside single cab pickup 2009 model, 83000 km, white, rhino lined, alarm and central locking, tow hitch, radio. Asking price $28000 or nearest offer. Please call 0777 050 279
- SINGLE LADY DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR ACCOMODATION – Single lady desperately looking for accommodation, please contact on 0713646808
- HOUSE TO RENT – 3 and a half bedrooms all en-suite. Pantry, Scullery, Big Kitchen, Large dinning room, Large Lounge with bar. $1400 per month negotiable. Excluding Zesa, Water and rates.. Available 1st April. 371a Gibson Road. Contact 013 41656, 0774 401 665, 0773 284 384.
- PART TIME JOB – I am looking for a young multi-skilled person to assist me in my small, one man business on a part time basis. The ideal candidate is between 17 and 30 years old has a valid class 4 driver’s license, good English communication and mathematic skills. The job entails physical work; hence the candidate must be reasonably fit. The applicants must be able to work flexible hours. Depending on the time of the year this job would keep a person occupied between 40% to 80%. Interested parties kindly send your CV to The Advertiser, Box C.T. 440, Victoria Falls. Short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
- MIRACLE CRUSADE – “TO ALL VICTORIA FALLS RESIDENTS, LIVINGSTONE, KASANE, HWANGE AND ALL SURROUNDING TOWNS AND VILLAGES. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME TO THIS MIRACLE CRUSADE HAPPENING SOON AFTER EASTER ON THE 10th & 11th OF APRIL FROM 17:00HRS AT CHINOTIMBA STADIUM. FOR ALL THAT LOVE CHRIST, THIS IS THE SEASON OF REMEMBERANCE OF WHAT GOD DID FOR US ON THE CROSS! THE PRICE WAS PAID UPON THE CROSS; JESUS BECAME THE REMMISSION OF SINS; HENCE BY DYING FOR ALL HUMAN RACE. THEREFORE, WE SHOULD GIVE HONOR AND GLORY TO JESUS. IT IS IMMINENT TO DISCERN THE TIMES WE ARE LIVING IN, THAT THE DAYS ARE EVIL AND WE CANNOT WAIT TO PREACH THE GOSPEL, THE TIME IS NOW. The Word declares: 2PETER 3 Vs 14 – “Wherefore, beloved, seeing that you look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in PEACE, without spot and blameless”. WE CANNOT HAVE PEACE IF IT IS NOT FROM JESUS CHRIST, HE GIVES US PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING.
BRING THOSE THAT ARE SICK, BRING THOSE THAT ARE BOUND, BRING THE BROKEN HEARTED, BRING THEM THAT ARE OPPRESSED, WE DO NOT FIGHT AGAINST
FLESH AND BLOOD, BUT AGAINST PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS AND RULERS OF DARKNESS. Our host Pastor, Pastor Lesego, of RABBONI MINISTRIES, Pretoria, S.A.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS EVENT PLEASE CONTACT: PINIAS SIBANDA-MAKUMBI ON +263772 239 805 OR +263 772 408 425 email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- FISHING EQUIPMENT IN VICTORIA FALLS –Tradepower Victoria Falls has received new fishing equipment for the avid angler. Restock your fishing box. We now have in stock : reels, rods, line, spinners, trace, hooks , swivels and other small accessories. Please feel free to come in at Stand 439 Miles road at our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- LIMPOPO DAIRIES –Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- MASTERCARD & ZIMSWITCH NOW AT TRADEPOWER VICTORIA FALLS –Tradepower Victoria Falls has had the Mastercard swipe card machine and the Zimswitch swipe machine installed for all customers shopping convenience. Now you may shop till you drop and tell our cashiers to “Charge it to my card!!”. No need for you to carry cash on you anymore and much more convenient for your shopping experience. Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GAS AND PARAFIN FREEZERS FOR SALE –Tradepower Victoria Falls has Gas/Electric and Parafin/Electric freezers for sale. Ideal for those off the ZESA grid or even new home owners and Camps. We have a 120ltr Parafin/Electric Freezer and a 180ltr Gas/Electric freezer available. Feel free to come in and see them at Tradepower Victoria Falls. Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated at 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls Industrial sites or phone us on 013 44870/1 and 0774 022 312 – Neil & 0775 996 106 – Sipho. You can also email us at email@example.com
- LARGE FAMILY HOME PLUS 3 BEDROOM HOUSE PLUS 1 BEDROOM COTTAGE FOR SALE – Semi Double story, 4 bedrooms, 2 en-suite all with BIC and Air Conditioners. Seperate family bathroom comprising shower, toilet and bath. Open plan lounge, dining and kitchen with air conditioner. Second lounge/family room with an office which could be a small 5th bedroom. Large veranda overlooking well developed garden with swimming pool.
3 bedroom house has an open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room. All bedrooms have air conditioner, main en-suite plus a seperate shower and toilet. Own garden and walled from the main hose.
1 bedroom cottage has a shower, toilet and kitchenette, currently used as an office with own air conditioner.
All the above on one property in Jacaranda Crescent, walled, electric fence, water tank and pressure pump and a seperate staff toilet.
POR Contact 0712420014. Serious Offers Only