“Vic Falls News”
4 September 2012
People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below.
This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
- OPEN DAYS AT JACARANDA MONTESSORI PRE – SCHOOL – Please come meet our teachers & management and see all our exciting equipment and learn more about our English language programme; “Wordworks”.
We still have a few places available for term 3, 2012 starting Tuesday the 12th of September 2012. Payment terms available.
Dates: Friday the 7th of September & Monday the 10 of September 2012.
Time: Both days we will be open from 12 to 4 pm.
Venue: Jacaranda Montessori, 516 Jacaranda Crescent
For further information please contact Kristina on 0712 211 506
- THE AFRICA CAFÉ – LUNCH SPECIAL THIS FRIDAY IS: Chicken schnitzel, with creamy mushroom sauce, mash potato and our freshly picked salad from Dennise’s garden. See you all at the AFRICA CAFE!!!
- RYAN KORIYA NOW BOOKING FOR SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER – NEW EP OUT THIS WEEK – Singer-songwriter Ryan Koriya (from rock band Mann Friday and as seen at Vic Falls Fest 2011 & 2012) is now booking for September and October 2012 in the Vic Falls/Livingstone area. Voice and guitar performing popular contemporary songs by many of his favourite artists including Sting, Coldplay, U2, Snow Patrol, Pink Floyd, John Mayer, The Cranberries, Kings of Leon and a few originals too.
Ryan’s new original EP titled London’s Burning is out on 9 September 2012 on iTunes worldwide and other major digital stores. Physical CDs of the release will be available exclusively in Vic Falls this coming
- “SAVE MANA POOLS SCHOOL LOGO COMPETITION” – The “Save Mana Pools” campaign is running a contest to create a new logo.
One of the prizes on offer is a $1000 donation available to Zim schools only.
“The “Save Mana Pools” campaign is running a logo contest on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SaveMana. The objective is to come up with a logo concept that can be used to brand the online campaign and
be further used in print, on websites, stickers, posters, T-shirts and caps etc. The one prize is open to Zimbabwean schools only. It’s a $1000 donation to the best entry in the “Save Mana Pools” logo contest from
a Zimbabwean school that makes at least 3 submissions in the name of the school. This specific prize is on offer from Zambezi Safaris in the UK.
Contest details are available at http://www.facebook.com/SaveMana/app_326243490804979.”
- PROPERTIES FOR SALE – Two excellent properties for sale in Victoria Falls for very good prices. Don’t miss this investment opportunity.
Little Harrods. Commercial stand with three bedroomed house and wharehouse currently licensed for supermarket and bottlestore. Asking USD 190 000.
Refriger 8 in the industrial area. Comprising 8 walk-in fridge, blast freezers, freezers and chillers. Perfect for refirgeration and offices. Asking USD390 000.
Contact email@example.com or phone 0779008282
- LOST WALLET – Someone lost a wallet probably on 02 September evening or 03 September Morning. Please if you have heard anyone looking for the wallet kindly direct that person to POSB (People’s Own Savings Bank). 013 42631
- COMPUPRO – HEART OF TECHNOLOGY – COMPUTER SALES & REPAIRS
LENOVO LATOP -$689.00 VAT INCL.
· Intel Core i3-380M 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 Cache
· 4GB(2 x 2GB DDR3) RAM
· 500GB SATA Hard Drives
· DVD Super Multi Writer optical drive
· 15.6 HD LED Glare
· Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit
· Mobile Intel Integrated GFX Chipset
· WEBCAM|HDMI|48 WH 6 Cell Battery
· Full Size Keyboard with Numpad
· Bluetooth|GB LAN|Wireless BGN
AFFORDALE TECHNOLOGY AT THE TIP OF YOUR FINGERS. 1 Year WARRANTY. Price is valid whilst current stocks last. Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street, Between 13th & 14th Avenue, Bulawayo, OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
- THE VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL SALE – We are selling 21 Inch TVs and camping chairs at The Victoria Falls Hotel. Please contact Sarah Dhliwayo
- FALCON SAFARIS – Reservations Consultant – We are looking for a dynamic consultant with excellent Customer Care and Communication skills who will be able to facilitate travel reservations regionally. The Ideal applicant will have:
Minimum of 3 years in the travel industry dealing with local and international Leisure Clients
Strong geography, destination and product knowledge
Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Experience in dealing with Zambia, Botswana and around Zimbabwe attractions would be advantageous.
This is a target driven environment. Market related salary depending on experience plus a commission. If you find that you are able to fulfil the above criteria.
Please apply and send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BUILD DESIGN CENTRE – SOLAR GEYSERS 150Ltrs (complete set with stands) $850.00 without instalation
ELECTRICAL MCBs 5amps, 15amps, 20amps, 30amps & 60amps $7.50
ELECTRICAL TPs 60amps $35.00
DIRECT ONLINE SWITCHES
WIRING CABLES 100mtrs
all electrical products at unbeatable prices…
call on 0712 724 921
Tendai Chigodora, Cell: +263 11 724 921, Bus. email: email@example.com , skpe: tcchigodora
- ROOM FOR YOUNG COUPLE NEEDED IN HIGH DENSITY AREA – Our young Chef and his wife are looking for a room in the high density area. Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of anything available. Many thanks Cathrina.
- LOOKING FOR OFFICE TO RENT IN TOWN –I am urgently looking for an office / shop to rent, preferably in town on a long term lease basis. Kindly email: email@example.com or call +263772 366 425 / +263772 900 578.
- POSITION SOUGHT: HR / INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MANAGER– I am a 28 year old male with 4 years experience in recruiting, training and retaining the best employees in my past job profiles. During my 4 years of work I have developed and applied several HR strategies which resulted in :
– Reduced Labour turnover
– Better quality of personnel hired
– Expansion of the human resource department
– Increase in the efficiency of the employees
– Increase in number of employees retained
For a comprehensive review of my accomplishments, kindly email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +263773584886 to request for my detailed resume
- ADULT DIAPERS – Now available in Victoria Falls from Tradepower Victoria Falls are the Panda Range of Adult Diapers. 3 sizes are available. Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- EGGS – Quality eggs available in Large, Extra large or Super Large from Tradepower Victoria Falls at the most competitive and unbelievably low prices. Ideal for hotels, lodges and catering and retail trade. Contact us on landline 013 44870/1 or email us at email@example.com
- MONTAGI NUTS & DRIED FRUITS – The best health snack you can get in Victoria Falls is a pack of Montagu dried fruits, or pack of plain or salted nuts. Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls for the healthiest choice that you will make, and buy some Montagu snacks. Also available in retail orientated boxes and case-lots with different sized merchandising stands available for the retail and hospitality trade. Come see Neil Norman & Sipho Tshuma at Tradepower Victoria Falls or call us on 013 44870/1 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIMPOPO DAIRIES – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
- Diesel Generators– Now available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. 5.5Kw diesel generators at affordable prices for running the entire home. Don’t sit in the dark anymore and come to Tradepower Victoria Falls and get your own generator. Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VIC FALLS –
- ZAMBEZI LAGER PARTY EXPRESS LAUNCH – Saturday the 8th of September 2012
As you may have heard, over New Year’s weekend this year is the Victoria Falls Carnival which kicks off with the Zambezi Lager Party Express see www.vicfallscarnival.com. There have already been a couple
of great party runs with some awesome feedback and we will be officially launching the Zambezi Lager Party Express.
16h00 Check in at the train station
16h30 Departure to Jafuta
Price: RACK US$35
NB: ALL LOCALS PAY NETT RATE – US$30
· Bar snacks
· Cash bar available
· Exciting giveaways throughout the night
The line-up includes Ryan Koriya, DJ Francis, fire dancing and lots of other entertainment.
Limited space available.
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE!!!!!! – THE VICTORIA FALLS CARNIVAL 2012 – 29TH-31ST DECEMBER 2012 – VICTORIA FALLS PRIMARY SCHOOL
Hi guys, it’s that time again when we ask ourselves “what are we doing over New Year’s this Year?” …. THE VICTORIA FALLS CARNIVAL 2012 of course!!!
The Carnival offers the whole family to enjoy the New Year’s celebrations with everything from Kidz Carnival to afternoon Carnival and Beerfest. There is also the opportunity to directly contribute to the development of our community through various projects in our schools and the tree planting project.
With three days of live music from various artists from the region this promises to be a medley of festivities. See www.vicfallscarnival.com and check us out on Facebook on this link http://www.facebook.com/VicFallsCarnival and LIKE our page too J!!
Contact Chenai on email@example.com or 0773 852 638 for more information and to book tickets.
Program of events:
Saturday 29th December – Kids Carnival
Zambezi Lager Party Express (LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS AVAILABLE)
Sunday 30th December – Beerfest – Vic Falls Music Carnival
Monday 31st December – Beefest – Vic Falls Music Carnival
EARLY BIRD SPECIALS: LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS AVAILABLE
30 Dec – USD35-00
31 Dec – USD35-00
2 Day pass – USD70-00
3 Day pass – No early bird special
Kidz Carnival– No early bird special
Normal ticket prices:
29 Dec – USD50-00 30 Dec – USD45-00 31 Dec – USD45-00
2 day Music Carnival pass (30&31 Dec) USD80-00 (Save USD10-00)
3 day Carnival pass (29 – 31 Dec) USD125-00 (Save USD15-00)