“Vic Falls News”
12 July 2012
Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below.
This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
We cover: Guards / Alarms Systems / Access Control / CCTV’s & ALL Security issues.
Quotes are FREE of charge.
Please phone us if you would like us to visit you, or to make an appointment, whilst we are in your region. Contact: Kirsten Cell: 0712 212 359
The Management and Staff of JAYS SPAR would like to let you all know that we have sold Jays Spar To OK Stores Zimbabwe.
Our last trading day will be the 31st July 2012.
We would like to Thank you all for your Valued Support during our 37 Years of trading in Victoria falls.
The store will be closed from the 1st August for 6 to 8 weeks for Major Renovations, so if you want to stock up we have marked down many many Items.
SHOP AT JAYS SPAR AND SAVE !!!!
Job Title: Debtors Accountant
Reporting To: Group Finance Manager
Performance Review Period: 3 months
Relationships with purpose
Group Finance Manager :- Provide financial support
Directors :- Advising on accounts status, cash flow projections, credit intelligence and accounts to hand over to solicitors for collection
General Manager Sales & Marketing:- Checking customer remittances, sending out invoices and advising on agents account status.
Purpose of the position
The role of debtors accountant is a support and reporting function with specific statutory and management accounting functions. The overall financial health of the business is supported from this area through
the delivery of effective accounts receivable services to the business. The role is to be performed with high standards of service to external and internal customers
Job Description Brief:
– Printing and Distribution of Statements
– Monitoring of Age Analysis
– Collection of Outstanding debts
– Preparation of debtors reports
– Sending of letters to delinquent debtors
– Liaison with Attorneys
– Monitoring of Credit limits
– Maintaining Debtors master file
– Any other debtors related functions
– Banking and reconciling debtors payments
Will evaluate, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations to determine credit line amounts and communicate this information to the GFM, Directors , agents and other team members of the company whose
jobs require this information.
Will review and adjust credit lines at the agreement of the GFM and Directors.
On a regular basis or when requested for existing accounts and will revoke lines of credit upon receipt of external information pertinent to financial strength of account.
Will be enforcing the company’s credit policy. In this role, will be engaged in conducting credit investigations and collecting delinquent accounts and will communicate all credit related issues to senior management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create a credit risk management environment of an acceptable quality, in terms of established credit guidelines
• Assist in developing sound, acceptable credit policies
• Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare report on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution.
• Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines
• Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts
• Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits
• Check for credit viability on requests for extended terms, and evaluate various adjustments or exception documents
• Submit requests to senior management and supporting documentation for accounts requiring credit lines
• Research and make decisions on finance charges after agreeing with the GFM
• Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records
• Monitor receivables and collections and provide updates of receivables and provide appropriate reporting procedures
• Identify problem accounts and provide regular updates of receivables to management
• Negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers WHEN AUTHORISED TO BY THE GFM
• Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors
• Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate
• Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit lines/limits, as well as credit holds; implement liens as necessary to major delinquent account as approved by
• Generates legal documents used in the credit function
Prefer someone with an Accounting diploma or degree and at least 3 years experience in a similar position. Competence in Pastel or similar accounting software a must Understands purpose of legal
documentation and terms and conditions of the sales and knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis, industry/market credit research Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Must have
excellent negotiation and problem solving skills. Must have experience in a service industry, and Collection environment. An understanding of the processing of legal documents for debt recovery Measurement – Aged
debtors, Performance Review.
SALARY – A highly competitive salary is on offer to the right candidate
POSITION ENQUIRIES TO NTOKOZO MLILO, H.R. DEPARTMENT SHEARWATER ADVENTURES, BOX 125, VIC FALLS. Email: Ntokozo@shearwatervf.com
SAMSUNG TABLET $929.00
3G, WIFI, 16 GIG
AFFORDALE TECHNOLOGY AT THE TIP OF YOUR FINGERS. 1 Year WARRANTY, Price is valid whilst current stocks last.
Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street, Between 13th & 14th Avenue, Bulawayo
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
See our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse opposite Marange Motors. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312
For your convinience, Clover Leaf Motors will be carrying out Nissan and Mazda vehicle services at the former Coronation Motors garage in Hwange and at Khanondo Safaris Hardware as well as Zambezi
Service Station in Vic Falls on the following dates:
July: 19 July 2012 & 20 July 2012
August: 16 August 2012 & 17 August 2012
September: 20 September 2012 & 21 September 2012
October: 18 October 2012 & 19 October 2012
November: 15 November 2012 & 16 November 2012
December: To be advised
Book your vehicle at least 5 days before service date to allow for preparations.
FOR YOUR BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES CONTACT: JOHN: 0772 266 782, LOVENESS: 0773 296 970, TINEI: 0772 950 305 OR GENERAL LINE: 09-65401-4
REMANUFACTURE LASER & INKS
· HP’s Inks Refills Colour & Black
· Toner Refills Colour & Black
· Epson Re~Ribbon
Perfect Refilling done while you Wait!
· Canon original Cartridges
· Epson original Cartridges
· Lexmark original Cartridges
PRINTERS & PHOTOCOPIERS’ SERVICES
· HP LASERJET Printer Services
· HP INKJETS Printer Services
· PHOTO COPIERS , Canon , Nashua, Gestetner, Minolta, Kyocera, Xerox & HP Services &
· Fax Machines Services
· 3 in 1’s printers
· Photocopying Full Colour
· Invoice Books
For any enquires please contact Tel ph: 013 42250 Email: email@example.com 077 2680248, 071 2968640/040
IN PROGRESS AT 27C SOPERS ARCADE VICTORIA FALLS. CALL 0773-196-569. 0778-388-478
1. NOT happy with Windows 7 Starter editions? We can upgrade you to Windows 7 business / Windows 7 Ultimate. Your installed programs or User data won’t be affected at all. The upgrade takes 1hr – 2hrs
2. Eset Antivirus 5: this is the latest Eset Antivirus with USB scan integrated (this package includes virus check & removal plus proper install of Antivirus) Options of 1 & 2 year registration
3. Still running Windows XP?? Its time to upgrade to Windows 7; this will make your PC/Laptop faster and more secure. (this is subject to PC/laptop specs)
4. Office 2007 / Office 2010 full packages
5. Memory Upgrades; Battery replacements; Hard drives replacements/upgrades for Windows Based PC’s and Apple MacBook Pro 13″ (note: depends on availability of these spares)
6. Available on order: external slim dvd writers; Wireless Routers; Laptops etc
7. iPhone & blackberry Unlock (select models)
Please call Louis on 0736 464 511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013)
44870/44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VIC FALLS & HWANGE
- VICTORIA FALLS STEAM TRAIN SCHEDULED JOURNEYS FOR JULY – Embark on a magnificent sunset trip across the Victoria Falls Bridge on the authentic No. 512 Victoria Falls Steam Train. Voted as the 6th best Sundowners Spot in the world, all aboard for A Journey Like No Other.
Ticket options: 1st class tickets which includes champagne, all drinks & gourmet canapés.
Zambezi Lager Party Express – an unforgettable party! Includes all drinks & party snacks.
JULY SCHEDULE: Tuesday 10th
Saturday 14th, Saturday 21st & Saturday 28th
Also look out for the launch of the Victoria Falls Tram later this month which will offer daily Sunset Bridge Runs, transfers to activities in Jafuta and transfers to Livingstone. Please don’t hesitate
to contact us for more info on any on our new products or for local group specials for birthdays or special events!