“Vic Falls News”
8 May 2012
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below.
This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
Carpet Cleaning & Shampooing – $1.50 per square metre
Lounge Suites – 3 division + 2 singles – $25, 4 division + 2 singles – $30, singles – $5
Tree Cutting & Trimming – $40 per day
Thatch Cleaning – $40 per day
Car Valets – small – $25, medium – $30, large – $40
Lawn Mowing – small – $20, medium/large – $25
Please phone Roly or Paddy Morrison on 42283 or 0712 619 353.
- FOR SALE – Make me an offer for the following:
1 x 200lit Electric Geyser
17 x 5lts Astra stone glaze (for bringing out the colour in face bricks)
1 x Swimming pool pump – complete with sand filter and distribution valve
1 x Clearwater pool chlorine generator
1 x Pool skimmer box (new)
2 x Under water lights ( new)
1 x Electric junction box
2 x Swimming pool adjustable water nozzles (new)
1 x 48 base Hohner Piano Accordian
Variety of different length Window Pelmets
1 x 2 plate gas stove (missing spreaders)
1 x canvas Golf Bag
5 x two bulb Chandelier type light fittings
1 x Aiwa LP turntable
1 x Panasonic Video Cassette recorder
1 x Seikosha Printer + box of paper
1 x Aiwa Video Cassette Recorder
2 x Aircraft Chair frames (to mount in rear of bakkie for game viewing?)
1 x Brass Tilly Lamp
2 x Rifle bags (1 x canvas, 1 x plastic)
1 x Outside wall mount light fitting
1 x Supersonic radio – battery/mains
1 x ?hp Electric water pump – needs new seals
2 x 20lt Gerry cans
1 x Motion sensor light (new)
2 x Mazda wheel spanners
3 x Hurricane lamps converted to electric
2 x Moroccan brass lamps
1 x Riempie stool (needs new riempies)
3 x Carbide lamps (1 x brassed)
1 x Juice squeezer
2 x Two way radio’s
1 x Metal CD stand
1 x Old Soda Syphon
To view:- 531 Reynard Road, CONTACT # 40115
- LEATHERMAN TOOLS FROM TRADEPOWER VICTORIA FALLS – Come in to Tradepower Victoria Falls and get yourself, or a loved one the ultimate pocket tool, a Leatherman pocket knife. Invest in a Leatherman multi function pocket knife and you will have a mini tool kit with you at all times. We have in stock 4 different types and more available on request.
Tradepower Victoria Falls is situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 /
44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- LOOKING FOR A JOB IN VICTORIA FALLS – I am a young 40 year old and looking for a position in the Victoria Falls. I trained at Secretarial College in Bulawayo. I have worked as a Office Clerk were I held the following responsibilities; wages, sales analysis, stock control, general office work and relieved as a salesperson at the company retail section. I have also trained as a shipping clerk. I worked at a Chartered Accountants where I was employed as a figure typist. I was employed as a Secretary to the Branch Manager were I held the following responsibilities; Branch Managers daily appointments, diary and the timeous attendance at scheduled meetings, his confidential filing system, maintaining the level of stationary and issues and the control and issue of Invoice and Order books I also maintained and ran the staff wages and weekly wage packets. I also worked at a hire company as receptionist/ sales lady this entailed close contact with the public were she was involved in advising customers as to what was best suited for various functions that were planned. I was also involved in stock control, filing and correspondence. At present I am assisting in the organizing and running of the Safari Company were I hold the following responsibilities; Safari Quotes to foreign clients, organizing all documentation needed for a Safari, organizing all shopping lists/ fuel and vehicle requirements. I am an easy going person and get on with the work at hand. I love meeting and socializing with all people. I love animals and the out door life. I am at present living in Bulawayo but am available to move at any time. firstname.lastname@example.org
- LED Lenser LED torches – State of the art, high end power LED torches are now available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock the LED Lenser range of LED torches at Tradepower Victoria Falls. LED LENSER – Creating New Worlds of Light
Come to Tradepower Victoria Falls where we are situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls –
Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- BAKERY REQUISITES – Need all your baking requirements available under one roof? Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls are the area distributors for Bakels Zimbabwe. Bulk cocoa powder, icing sugar, cake mix, cooking chocolate, tincol, bread and roll premixes, rollex and master puff and much more. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com to request our specialty bakery representative to call upon you to provide you with expert advice and suggestions on new products and recipes.
- VACANCY- ACCOUNTS CLERK (2) – There is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, young and dynamic person to work in the Accounts department as an accounts clerk. The incumbent will report to the Accountant.
The Job Entails
- Ø Input of creditors i.e invoices, stsales, marketing etc-Daily
- Ø Cash book postings-Daily
- Ø Stock counting (unit price determination) and stock sheet extensions-Monthly
- Ø Reconciliation of all intercompany transactions i.e creditors & debtors-Monthly
- Ø Compile Vat and withholding tax returns-Monthly
- Ø After sales queries and responding to related queries.-Daily
- Ø Processing of creditors payments-Weekly
- Ø Posting invoices to the Ledger-Daily
- Ø Filing and data back-up-Daily
- Ø Ensure all work done is of the highest possible standard and accurate.
- Ø GCE Advanced level qualification with Accounts and /or Mathematics
- Ø Must have a tertiary qualification in Accounting from a recognized institute e.g Diploma in Accounting.
- Ø Must have at least 2 years experience in a similar position obtained from a reputable organization and preferably in the Hotel/ Tourism Industry.
- Ø Good computer skills Pastel ,Ms Word, Ms Excel, Access, Internet, Email .ICDL will be an added advantage.
- Ø Strong communication skills (written & oral) a team player capable of working under pressure and putting up extended hours.
- Ø Good command of the English language both spoken & written, knowledge of foreign languages would be an added advantage.
- Ø Must be energetic, analytical, flexible, innovative, technical minded and outgoing , willing to work extended hours and sustain composure while working under pressure.
All applications should reach the Human Resources Department no later than 10th May 2012 and be addressed to:
THE GROUP HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER/OFFICER
Shop 1-3 Sopers Arcade
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- LIMPOPO DAIRIES @ Tradepower Victoria Falls – Top quality, fresh and delicious Limpopo Dairy products available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. We have in stock yogurts, 100 % fruit juices, maas and dairy juices at the best value, and cost effective prices for both the retail and hospitality trade. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TWO NIGHT SPECIAL RETREAT – AT MIOMBO SAFARI CAMP, HWANGE NATIONAL PARK
INCLUDES DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST
VALID 11 MAY TO 11 JUNE
CHALETS – 110 PER PERSON FOR TWO NIGHTS
TREE HOUSE – 130 PER PERSON FOR TWO NIGHTS
ELEVATED LUXURY TENT – 160 PER PERSON FOR TWO NIGHTS
BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES: TEL: VIC FALLS 45986 OR EMAIL: email@example.com www.miombosafaricamp.com
- NETCONNECT :- VSat Installations – Install a ViaSat Terminal, and international communications are a conversation away. Increase global awareness of your products and let clients conference call you for a business or private video meeting. Physically remote locations can be connected to the business metropolitan seamlessly and easily. Choose from NetConnect’s predesigned packages or request a personal bandwidth contention rate to suit your specific needs.
NetConnect, Talk to us…………The Old House (next door to AA Building) 204 L Takawira Ave, Byo | Tel:(09) 61718 / 889422 / 61718 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!– As we prepare for yet another brand new school term, ROSEPET BOOKSHOP has stocked a wide selection of school books and stationery for your convenience!!
Revision books like Green Books, Pass Your Grade Seven and Turn Up question and answer books to help your child prepare for mid-term and final exams!!. All subjects catered for!!
For teachers and headmasters we have chalks, dusters, manilla paper, red pens etc.
Hurry hurry while stocks last!! Office stationery, motivational books, bibles and printer cartridges available as well. There is always something for everyone…………….
Visit us at Shop Number 20, 1st Floor Galleria Building (Above TelOne). For orders and free deliveries anywhere within Vic Falls call us on landline 013-45088, cell 0779 089 685.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- INDABA 2012, DURBAN: PRE- AND POST- INDABA ACCOMMODATION – Zimbabwean managed – Lovely, fully equipped apartments on Westbrook beach, only 7 kms south of Ballito and 40 kms north of Durban. These apartments are perfect for add on family stays and holidays – they all have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and offer uninterrupted views of this stunning stretch of coastline. Visit www.wheretostay.co.za/surfingseahorses OR contact Mignon McNamara on email@example.com
Mercedes MB100D – 11 Seater Mini Bus (this comes with a spare body and engine parts) – $11 000 or nearest offer
JAC Rosa – 22 Seater bus with 6 jump seats (this also comes with a spare body and engine parts) – $20 000 or nearest offer
Nissan Elgrande – 7 Seater mini bus (Petrol) – $9 000 or nearest offer
Game Viewing Seat for back of cruiser – best cash offer
Large 14 Seater Pontoon boat with 2 x 40HP Yamaha motors – $15 000 or closest offer
Good quality single bed Mattresses – $60 each
Old Wooden bed frames (some double bunk compatible) – come and make me an offer
Interested parties please call 013 44726 – No chancers
- ADVENTURE LODGE SPECIAL OFFER – Stay at the Adventure Lodge for $150pp, Includes the following:
3 nights accommodation including Breakfast
Tour of the Victoria Falls
Accommodation is in the standard rooms on sharing basis
Single Supplement – $60pp
Upgrade your room from Standard to Air Conditioned for $30
Excludes the following:
National Park fees for the Sunset cruise of $10pp
National Park Rainforest Entry fees of $30pp for International
National Park Rainforest Entry fees of $20pp for Regional
National Park Rainforest Entry fees of $7pp for Local
(Any reduced Park rates need identification to be confirmed)
Airport Transfers to/from Vic falls airport – $12pp each way
Airport Transfers to/from Livingstone airport – $25pp each way
10% off any other activity booked during your stay
VALIDITY FOR THIS OFFER IS TO 31 MAY 2012
- MUSIC IN YOUR WORLD – Visit Elephant’s Walk Shopping Village for your original cassettes, compact discs and DVDs’. Music shop now open which sells original cassettes, compact discs, and DVD’s at Elephant’s Walk Shopping Village , 273 Adam stander drive elephant’s walk shopping village. In stock we have:-
* New Stock- Zimbabwe Cricket – T-Shirts and Caps now available in stock. All sizes available.
* Urban Grooves– Dj Mbale-Kwatakabva Kure,Ngonie-Still,Rute-Rute Goes Kumanginde,Jah Prayzah-Ngwarira Kuparara,Rute-Harare,Soright-Vol 1 Compilation,Tha-Groove Theory,Leonard Mapfumo-The Journey,Trevor Ndongo-Ruvarashe,Sani Makhalima-Ndofefeterwa/Usadaro/Mr Makhalima &Friends/The Urban Renewal.
* Thomas Mapfumo-Chamunorwa,Love Unlimited,Singles Collection 1977-1988,Master Piece,Chimurenga Unlimited Vol 1 & 2,Chimurenga Varieties.
* International Music –Phil Collins,Marvin Gaye,Michael Bolton,The Ojays Collection,Oleta Adams,Stevie Wonder,Hill Songs Worship Series,Cece Winas,Celine Dion,Mariah Carey .
* Jazz Music-Victor Kunonga,Hugh Masekela,Caiphus Semenya,Letta Mbulu,Jimmy Dludlu, Soweto String Quartet,Music Ye Africa ,Sisonke Mdala-Sisonke.
* Gospel Music –Fungisai,Mai Charamba,Shingisai,Olinda Marowa,Sabastian Magacha,Blessing Shumba
* Mbira Music –Mbira Dzenharira,Chiwoniso Maraire,Mawungira Enharira,Luwis &Charllenge-Tsika Nemagariro
* Marimba Music –Kwano Moto Bad,Shine On Marimba Band,Everson Gore,Afrida Marimba Crew,
* Local Music-Simon Chimbetu,Leonard Dembo,James Chimombe,Alick Macheso,Lovemore Majaivana,Paul Matavire,Safirio Madzikatire
May you please note that the Music Shop will now be moved into the complex from the first week of May 2012. You will now find us on the side were there is a coffee shop
at Elephant’s Walk in side the complex. Enjoy your shopping!!!!! Contacts: 0772 984 586 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- OFFICE SPACE TO RENT –Area 72sq m which comprises of 2 medium offices,1 small office and large front desk area with glass frontage. For more information, please contact Kim on 0712 211 113 or Anne 0772 254 552