“Vic Falls News”
4 May 2012
Laugh a lot. A good sense of humor cures almost all of life’s ills.
Please note that all information advertised below has been requested by the advertee to be distributed. Please note that “Vic Falls News” is not liable for anything pertaining to the below.
This is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes. All correspondence must be directed to the person advertising.
- ADVERTS – Please be advised that adverts will be run every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks for all your support with the Vic Falls News, many very special people benefit from this community service. Please only contact me on 0772 287 992 for queries.
- SEVEN ELEVEN – New stocks of ice-creams arriving Saturday morning – Assorted Magnum ice-creams, Gino Ginelli 1.5Lt ice-cream tubs, Solero ice-creams, Paddlepop and Ole ice-creams. Yummy treats for this weekend!!!!
- VFSL TOURISM GROUP – VACANCY NOTICE – RESERVATIONIST – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the above-mentioned position, which has arisen within the organisation.
Prospective applicants should possess the following essential pre-requisites:
* Minimum 5 Ordinary levels including Maths and English at grade C or better
* At least 2 A’ level passes.
* Certificate or Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
* At least a year of practical experience in the same or similar position will be an added advantage.
* A sales and marketing qualification an added advantage.
* Experience in property management system i.e Micros-Fidelio/Opera, e-Res will be an added advantage
Interested candidates are to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae to the undersigned not later than Friday 11 May 2012:
The Human Resource Manager
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
P. O Box 29
Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- KINGS COFFEE SHOP – Keep warm this winter at The Kingdom hotel`s Kings Coffee Shop and enjoy a wide range of hot beverages ,cakes and pastries. Open from 1200hrs to 2000hrs.
Mercedes MB100D – 11 Seater Mini Bus (this comes with a spare body and engine parts) – $11 000 or nearest offer
JAC Rosa – 22 Seater bus with 6 jump seats (this also comes with a spare body and engine parts) – $20 000 or nearest offer
Nissan Elgrande – 7 Seater mini bus (Petrol) – $9 000 or nearest offer
Game Viewing Seat for back of cruiser – best cash offer
Large 14 Seater Pontoon boat with 2 x 40HP Yamaha motors – $15 000 or closest offer
Good quality single bed Mattresses – $60 each
Old Wooden bed frames (some double bunk compatible) – come and make me an offer
Interested parties please call 013 44726 – No chancers
- ADVENTURE LODGE SPECIAL OFFER – Stay at the Adventure Lodge for $150pp, Includes the following:
3 nights accommodation including Breakfast
Tour of the Victoria Falls
Accommodation is in the standard rooms on sharing basis
Single Supplement – $60pp
Upgrade your room from Standard to Air Conditioned for $30
Excludes the following:
National Park fees for the Sunset cruise of $10pp
National Park Rainforest Entry fees of $30pp for International
National Park Rainforest Entry fees of $20pp for Regional
National Park Rainforest Entry fees of $7pp for Local
(Any reduced Park rates need identification to be confirmed)
Airport Transfers to/from Vic falls airport – $12pp each way
Airport Transfers to/from Livingstone airport – $25pp each way
10% off any other activity booked during your stay
VALIDITY FOR THIS OFFER IS TO 31 MAY 2012
- INDABA 2012, DURBAN: PRE- AND POST- INDABA ACCOMMODATION – Zimbabwean managed – Lovely, fully equipped apartments on Westbrook beach, only 7 kms south of Ballito and 40 kms north of Durban. These apartments are perfect for add on family stays and holidays – they all have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and offer uninterrupted views of this stunning stretch of coastline. Visit www.wheretostay.co.za/surfingseahorses OR contact Mignon McNamara on email@example.com
- THE COFFEE BUZZ NOW OFFERING WINE OR BEER WITH YOUR LUNCH –Come and join us We offer Muffins, Cakes, Breakfast, Lunches, Snacks and an ice cold Beer in our beautiful secluded garden. We also can cater for special Functions
Our Daily Specials are
– MONDAY Bangers, Mash and Gravy 49,00 Pula
– TUESDAY Lentil Curry with Basmati Rice 48.00 Pula
– WEDNESDAY Chicken Schnitzel with Chips and Side Salad 54,00 Pula
– THURSDAY German Beef Roulade with mashed Potatoes 56,00 Pula
– FRIDAY Fish and Chips 56,00 Pula
– SATURDAY Steak Egg and Chips 56,00 Pula
Opening Hours are from 7.30 am to 14.00 pm from Monday to Saturday. You can find us at Kalahari Holiday Tours, Kasane Main Road Plot 721
If you wish to book for the Coffee Shop send an email firstname.lastname@example.org Or 00267/71318956
- “OLDIES” It is a little late but early next week we will be sending a little something to our dear “Oldies” and if you would like to contribute please feel welcome. Anything makes a little go a long way.
- MUSIC IN YOUR WORLD – Visit Elephant’s Walk Shopping Village for your original cassettes, compact discs and DVDs’. Music shop now open which sells original cassettes, compact discs, and DVD’s at Elephant’s Walk Shopping Village , 273 Adam stander drive elephant’s walk shopping village. In stock we have:-
- New Stock- Zimbabwe Cricket – T-Shirts and Caps now available in stock. All sizes available.
- Urban Grooves– Dj Mbale-Kwatakabva Kure,Ngonie-Still,Rute-Rute Goes Kumanginde,Jah Prayzah-Ngwarira Kuparara,Rute-Harare,Soright-Vol 1 Compilation,Tha-Groove Theory,Leonard Mapfumo-The Journey,Trevor Ndongo-Ruvarashe,Sani Makhalima-Ndofefeterwa/Usadaro/Mr Makhalima &Friends/The Urban Renewal.
- Thomas Mapfumo-Chamunorwa,Love Unlimited,Singles Collection 1977-1988,Master Piece,Chimurenga Unlimited Vol 1 & 2,Chimurenga Varieties.
- International Music –Phil Collins,Marvin Gaye,Michael Bolton,The Ojays Collection,Oleta Adams,Stevie Wonder,Hill Songs Worship Series,Cece Winas,Celine Dion,Mariah Carey .
- Jazz Music-Victor Kunonga,Hugh Masekela,Caiphus Semenya,Letta Mbulu,Jimmy Dludlu, Soweto String Quartet,Music Ye Africa ,Sisonke Mdala-Sisonke.
- Gospel Music –Fungisai,Mai Charamba,Shingisai,Olinda Marowa,Sabastian Magacha,Blessing Shumba
- Mbira Music –Mbira Dzenharira,Chiwoniso Maraire,Mawungira Enharira,Luwis &Charllenge-Tsika Nemagariro
- Marimba Music –Kwano Moto Bad,Shine On Marimba Band,Everson Gore,Afrida Marimba Crew,
- Local Music-Simon Chimbetu,Leonard Dembo,James Chimombe,Alick Macheso,Lovemore Majaivana,Paul Matavire,Safirio Madzikatire
May you please note that the Music Shop will now be moved into the complex from the first week of May 2012. You will now find us on the side were there is a coffee shop
at Elephant’s Walk in side the complex. Enjoy your shopping!!!!! Contacts: 0772 984 586 email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fairhill ZIMBABWE Chicken @TRADEPOWER WHOLESALE – Quality free range poultry products from Fairhill Chickens are available at Tradepower Victoria Falls AT DISTRIBUTOR PRICES we supply the hospitality trade countrywide through our own cold chain trucks ensuring quality & freshness. New pack sizes and great new products available on all cuts including drumsticks, wings, fillet, thighs and whole birds. Caterpacks are available for hotel trade, and now also available are SMALLER packs for convienient portion control. For professional service call at Tradepower Victoria Falls at stand 439 Miles Road, Victoria Falls or contact Neil on 013 44870/1 or Cell phone #0774 022 312 / 0712 587 123 and Sipho on cell 0775 996 106.
- Cadac @ TRADEPOWER WHOLESALE – Tradepower Victoria Falls are distributors for the CADAC gas range in stock for all outdoor enthusiasts and also for home use. Gas cylinders, lamps, cooker units, braai accessories , skottels, potjie pots, and different regulators and many other CADAC products are available from Tradepower Victoria Falls situated in the industrial areas at Stand 439 Miles road so come see our modern, well stocked wholesale warehouse. Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls – Telephone (013) 44870 / 44871 or Neil on 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 And Sipho on cell 0775 996 106. For professional service
- Belmont Meats @ TRADEPOWER WHOLESALE – All cuts of quality beef are now available from Tradepower Victoria Falls. If you looking for that tasty, juicy and tender fillet look no further . We have choice and super grades of the following beef products including rump, fillet, sirloin, t bone, topside, roasts, boerwors, mixed cuts, and many others. PERFECT FOR THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY … Also available on special request is our home grown super lamb chops, legs, rolled shoulder,,stewing lamb, lamb sausages & whole super lamb for that special occasion on the outdoor spit.
We only use our own cold trucks to transport fresh stock & our new modern freezer rooms are temperature controlled with immediate generator back up in the event of power failure…ensuring no break in our
quality of cold chain. For personal expert service…see Neil Norman & Sipho Tshuma at Tradepower Victoria Falls or call us on 013 44870/1 and email: email@example.com
- OFFICE SPACE TO RENT –Area 72sq m which comprises of 2 medium offices,1 small office and large front desk area with glass frontage. For more information, please contact Kim on 0712 211 113 or Anne 0772 254 552