2 December 2011
Don’t count the days, make the days count!!
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION ADVERTISED BELOW HAS BEEN REQUESTED BY THE ADVERTEE TO BE DISTRIBUTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT VIC FALLS NEWS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THE BELOW. THIS IS A COMMUNITY SERVICE AND CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE PERSON ADVERTISING.
“Vic Falls News” is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes.
WHATS AVAILABLE, FOR SALE & GENERAL NOTICES
- “OLDIES” CHRISTMAS LUNCH –Tonya & Barry Meikle & Sara & Larry Norton will be hosting this year’s “Oldies” Christmas lunch. (For those who don’t know, these 2 special families have been hosting their Christmas lunch for 4 years now). This is a very special and touching time of the year when these 2 very special families touch the lives of our dear friends. This is also a time where we treat them with Christmas gifts. If you would like to be a part of this special day and have a special gift to drop off for them, please contact Tonya or Myself. Their Christmas lunch will be held on Friday the 16th of December.
- “OLDIES” CHRISTMAS BOXES – As the end of the year approaches at an alarmingly speed!!!! So does the time when we start collecting for our “Oldies” Christmas box, this box we try to make a little different from each month’s as this is a very special time of the year and we want them to enjoy it as much as we all do!!! So if you have a treat or treasure you would like to add into their boxes, please drop it off with myself or at the Seven Eleven with your name on it. A special thanks to those that have sent in vouchers and treats and food already………it is always so much appreciated!!!!! We are packing and delivering on the 8th of December.
- THE SECOND HAND WAREHOUSE – What you don’t want someone else does……..
Turn your unwanted bits and pieces into cash.
Bring all those items you’ve been meaning to get rid of and we will sell it for you!!
Books furniture ovens fridges kitchen utensils electrical items tools car parts hardware. Anything goes (except clothes and curios)
Come in and browse around.
Specials: Selection of fabrics various sizes – King size mattress – Phillips juice making machine as new – Bread/Dough making machine as new – Lots of crockery & kitchen ware.
Find us in the warehouse next door to the vet!
NB. All items sold on commission
Open 9am – 4.30pm Saturday 9am – 1pm
Enquiries: Contact Jane – 0712 212 269 or 40091 evenings.
- MATSIMELA HOME MatsiMela Home Spa Elephants Walk – We have unpacked gorgeous pewter with wonderful designs
Salad Servers $24
Wall hooks $10
Table cloth weights $24
Large platters from $55
Door stops $18
Wall words :- Laugh, Hope, Joy, Faith, Peace, Love $25.
- THE VEGGIE MART – Introducing The Veggie Mart for supplies of locally grown farm fresh produce. Grown just behind the airport, we are currently selling:
– Crispy Lettuce
And coming soon:
– Baby Marrow
– Gem Squash
– Patty Pan….and much more.
All produce is organic. Visit us at Shop 23 The Trading Post – Landela Complex, Telephone, 45098 or 0772691169 or email, email@example.com
- SAFARI HEALTH & BEAUTY – The specials are from the 2nd of December 2011 to the 2nd of January 2012
Come join us at the safari health & beauty spa at THE VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL for a rejuvenating package of treatments, with a glass of red or white wine.
Relax and unwind with the following treats:
1. Manicure and a pedicure – $20
2. Facial and back treatment – $ 55
3. Full body massage and pedicure – $ 50
4. Facial with a free brow wax – $ 50
- VILLA VICTORIA – HI-TECH – New Hi-Tec stock has arrived at The Villa Victoria. Ladies slops, hiking boots, track shoes, men’s rafters and more. Come in and see what we have to offer.
- ACCOMODATION NEEDED – Chris Lampard is looking for accommodation urgently, a 2 or 3 bed roomed would be ideal, please contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0776081465
- COMPUPRO – HEART OF TECHNOLOGY
Samsung RV510 Celeron Laptop – US$495.00
Processor: Intel Celeron T3500
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Graphics: On Board
Hard Drive: 160GB
Optical: DVD Writer
Screen: 15.6” HD Screen
OS: Windows 7 Starter
Extras: Wireless, Webcam, 1 Year Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Carry Case
1 Year Warranty
Price is valid whilst current stocks last.
Now Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | iPods & Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45 ext. 1
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street
Between 13th & 14th Avenue
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
- MEMORIAL SERVICE TYRONE HAYNES – A Memorial Service for Tyrone Haynes who passed away on 2nd November 2011 will be held on the lawns at The Victoria Falls Boat Club come rain or shine
Date: Saturday 3rd December 2011
All are welcome. Cash bar available as usual.
The service will be followed by a private cruise on the Zambezi River.
- SALE – Saturday 03 December 12pm to 3pm
516 Jacaranda Crescent (Montessorri)
Selection of 2nd Hand Clothes, Toys, Baby Chair, Car Seats, Canon EOS Camera, Canon Video Camera, Portable Air Cons, Fridge Freezer (Not working), Stove
- FOR SALE – Saturday, 3rd December 2011 from 8:30 am
Play Station 2 consul + 10 PS2 games (to go together)
X box consul + approx 10 games (to go together)
2 adult mountain bikes (good condition)
14 inch flat screen TV
Kitchen table, 6 chairs & side dresser (solid pine)
Washing machine & tumble drier (Zanussi)
**Highest cash offer on above items secures.
Various items of clothing (ladies & boys)
Various children’s DVD’s & books
540 Reynard Road Tel: 0773503205
- OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE TO SHARE –Office Space to share available. Above Jays Spar.
Office Clean & Air Conditioned.
Internet Access Available at an extra charge.
Please contact Louis on:
0772 842 537/ 0712 631 007
- LOOKING FOR ACCOMODATION – I have recently moved to Victoria Falls and I am looking for accommodation to rent. A flat or a small house. If you have anything to let please contact Maxi On 0712 769689. Many Thanks.
- NEW ARRIVALS AT YEBO – Quality Archer trousers in Khaki, Fawn, Dark stone, Moss, Black and Bone, ideal safari colours manufactured in 100% heavy duty cotton fabric. Styled in 5 pocket jeans, chinos and cargo longs, perfect for uniforms or just as smart and casual wear. Also in stock are long and short sleeve safari shirts, summer fishing shirts, cargo shorts, stylish short sleeve Eddie Bauer and Lazy Sam cotton shirts in numerous checks and stripes.
Look out for white school shirts at give away prices. We also stock school satchels and long and short school socks. Shop early and kit your kids up before the new school terms starts.
We now offer a 3 (three) month lay-bye scheme for your convenience.
Visit our friendly staff at YEBO, situated on the first floor, shop 6 & 7 Zambezi centre Vic Falls or call us on 013 – 45020.
- SPCA JUMBLE SALE!!!! – SHOULD YOU WISH TO CLEAR OUT YOUR CUPBOARDS OF ANY UNWANTED HOUSE HOLD GOODS OR UNUSED CLOTHING, KASANE SPCA WILL GLADLY COLLECT IT OR WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DROPPED IT OFF AT THE COFFEE BUZZ AND HAVE A COMPLIMENTARY CUPPA…
contact Bettina under email@example.com or 00267/71318956
THE JUMBLE SALE IS SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY THE 3RD DECEMBER 2011 in Front of Marios Meat Market
- RACO – Gardening tools and accessories, hose connectors, tap adaptors, hose menders, pruning shears, hand trowels, garden sprays and much more. Visit the distributors for Zimbabwe being Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTED HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS – Our Tradepower overseas buyers returned from the East last month and our containers with an amazing range of products are now available ex-stock to the trade in Victoria Falls. These products include: –
- Melamine ware – mugs, platters and salad bowls – white and floral
- Coffee mugs – huge variety
- Dinner sets
- Vacuum flasks and air pots both s/steel and plastic
- Ironing boards – wide variety
- Frying pans – all sizes
- Skewers – bamboo
- Plastic ware – huge, unbelievable variety
- Glassware – plain hotel ware and fancy glassware
- Ovenware – glass and ceramic
- Brush ware – incredible wide variety
- Paper serviettes – large variety – plain and printed
- Glass jugs and glass gift sets
- Cutlery – loose and sets
- Consol – hotel glassware – Willy, Zombi, High Ball, Whisky
- Place mats and coaster sets
And much, much more – Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com
- BAKERY REQUISITES – Calling all bakeries and hotels – Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls are the areas distributors for Bakels Zimbabwe. Bulk cocoa powder, icing sugar, cake mix, cooking chocolate, tincol, bread and roll premixes, rollex and master puff and much more. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request our specialty bakery representative to call upon you to provide you with expert advice and suggestions on new products and recipes.
MOVIES FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- It’s Holiday time and the kids need to entertained. Come and purchase movies for the kids (and yourselves!) Please call or text Michelle on 0772 934 699 or e-mail on email@example.com to purchase. Cheers!
|NAME OF MOVIE||ACTORS STARRING|
|Faces in the crowd||Milla Jvovich|
|I don’t know how she does it||Sarah Jessica Parker|
|Pure Country the gift 2||George Strait, Katrina Elam|
|Pirates of the Carribean||Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz|
|Spy Kids||(Animations) Jessica Alba|
|Don’t be afraid of the dark||Guy Pierce, Katie Holmes|
|Cowboys & Aliens||Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde|
|Café||Jennifer Love Hewitt|
|Mardi Gras||Carmen Electra|
|Ultimate Heist||Jean Reno|
|Dear John||Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried|
|Way of the Panda||(From the makers of Shrek)|
|Something borrowed||Kate Hudson|
|Love & other impossible pursuits||Natalie Portman|
|The Rite||Anthony Hopkins|
|Horrible Bosses||Jennifer Aniston, Collin Farrell, Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey|
|Russel Petes||Russel Petes (Stand up comedy)|
|Chic Magnet||Owen Wilson, Rosario Dawson|
|Boy Toy||John White|
|Tree of life||Brad Pitt, Sean Penn|
|The Greek Patty Caper||(SpongeBob Squarepants(animation)|
|War of Resistance|
|Without Men||Eva Longoria, Christian Slater|
|A little bit of heaven||Kate Hudson|
|How Stella got her groove back||Angela Basset, Taye Diggs, Whoopi Goldberg|
|Brown Sugar||Taye Diggs, Sanaa Lathan|
|Shrek the 3rd||(animation)|
|Forgiven||David Hart, Alan Autry|
|HP7 Part 2 (The final Harry Porter)|
|Father of invention||Kevin Spacey|
|Death Race 2||Luke Goss|
|Charlie St Cloud||Zac Efron|
|The fighter||Christian Bale|
|Larry Crowne||Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts|
|Vampires Suck||(From thecreators of scary movie)|
|Training Day||Denzel Washington,|
|The last song||Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth|
|Ghosts of girlfriends past||Mathew Mcconnaughey|
|The Dark Knight||Christian Bale|
|The good fellas||Robert Deniro|
|My girlfriend’s boyfriend||Allyssa Milano|
|Glory Road||Josh Lucas|
|Gnomeo & Juliet||(Animation)|
|The Prince of Egypt||(Animation)|
|Why did I get married 1?||Tyler Perry, Janet Jackson|
|Winnie the Pooh||(Animation)|
|Margin Call||Kevin Spacey|
|Escape||Dominic Purcell, Faith Ford|
|3 Musketeers||Milla Jovovich, Orlando Bloom|
|Retreat||Thandie Newton, Cillian Murphy|
|Mrs Miracle||Doris Roberts|
|X-men 1st Class|
|The son of noone||Katie Holmes, Channing Tatum, Tracey Morgan|
|I love you Phillip Morris||Jim Carey, Ewan McGregor|
|Conviction||Hillary Swank, Sam Rockwell|
|Kat Williams||(stand up comedy)|
|Law abiding citizens||Gerard Butle, Jamie Foxx|
|Black & Blue||Tracey Morgan (Stand up comedy)|
|Beauty & Briefcase||Hillary Duff|
|The Hagstone||Mark Borchardt|
|Monte Carlo||Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy|
|Midnight in Paris||Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams|
|The Howling Reborn||Lindsay Shaw, London Liboiron|
|Free Runner||Sean Paris, Taner Hassain|
|Shawshank Redemption||Morgan Freeman|
ARTICLE OF INTEREST
- READERS EMAIL – To all Parents I am circulating this email to alert parents to the very real but hidden dangers of the combination of water and power that go with inflatable waterslides. My 13 year old daughter Caity was electrocuted on Sunday the 20th at a party. A water slide had been hired for the party and was installed by the company it was hired from. She was standing near the compressor/motor looking at some plants when suddenly her hand was stuck to the handle on the motor, she was thrown to the ground with the full power supply going through her body. The motor had no safety switch and only when the power supply was switched off and she was able to get to her feet, was her hand freed from the motor. Luckily no other child tried to grab her and pull her away or they too would have been electrocuted and possibly killed. Caity has been in considerable pain for the past 3 days from burns where the power exited her body, the grass burns down her back from being thrown on the ground with such force and the whiplash pains in her neck and shoulders. This is nothing however against the fact that she could be dead. I went to speak to the owner of the water slide, Kirk of Extreme Sliding based at 167 Enterprise Road. He claimed to know nothing about the accident and his only concern was that the parents holding the party had signed an indemnity form and therefore any accidents were their responsibility and nothing to do with him. The fact was his manager had set the slide up, placed the compressor on the ground where water was very likely to gather and left no instructions about safety switches should you need to cut the power quickly or any other precautions needed to be taken. The motor must have been faulty for the full power supply to go through the water it was standing in and electrocute Caity. He did finally apologize but there was no real concern about the fact he had hired out faulty equipment that was potentially lethal. There is no National Health and Safety body who checks that the people supplying these blow-up entertainment structures have abided by a set of rules and instructions to ensure that the equipment they supply is safe, motors are regularly serviced, in good working condition with no power leakages. The Health and Safety body is you, the parent. These water slides are great fun for the kids and plenty of people hire them for parties. The trouble is no one is really aware of the dangers until an accident happens. We are extremely lucky that Caity was not killed, the next child might not be so lucky. Please can you forward this to everyone you know who has kids. Caro Colahan.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VIC FALLS & KASANE & LIVINGSTONE
- STRAWBERRY-MOON DELIGHT –As Christmas draws near, and silly season commences, celebrations, parties, dinners and drinks take over the town. In the spirit of festivities, we are offering a little magic to make the madness all a little easier. Infuse your African December with a sprinkling of French delights suited to each occasion.
- Canape Platters for parties, starters, snacks, cocktail parties
- Chef at Home: Shopping, Table set-up, French Chef, waitressing – As Required
- Desserts and Cakes: Fabulous French home-made pastries, decadent desserts and scrumptious cakes at your desire. Perfect for dinner parties, kids birthdays or dessert platters.
- Private Training: Invite a few friends for an intimate evening at home, and learn to cook with a French chef while drinking wine, and devouring your delicious delights.
Contact Kim and Caroline at: Cell: 0779368050 Home: 44477
- CAFÉ JACANAH – New specials Available, Try our delicious Bacon, tomato & olive Pasta served with parmesan and fresh basil. Stuffed Chicken Breast served with rice and fresh garden salad and Piripiri Prawn skewer with rice and our famous piripiri sauce.
Sunday Brunch from 9am in the tranquil gardens of Elephant walk Shopping Village, accompanied by Takesure Mavaza the Blind Pianist, he will surely amaze you with his unbelievable talent.
Christmas Fair, Cafe Jacanah will have some delicious delicacies, Cranberry Shortbread, Condensmilk Fudge, Candy Canes and Homemade sweets, Christmas mince pies, Christmas fruit slice and lastly Christmas Fruit Cake. See you at the Christmas Fair on the 17 December 2011!!!!
Order Christmas Fruit Cakes Now before the Christmas Rush….
Plain Fruit Cake decorated with glazed fruit & nuts $20 Brandy Infused Fruit Cake with glazed fruit & nuts $25 Plain Fruit Cake with fondant icing and decor $25 Brandy Infused Fruit Cake with fondant icing and Décor $30 Individual Fruit Cakes $5
Call Cafe Jacanah to place your order 0777050308
- ADVENTURE ZONE – Family and friends around over festive season?
Bring a dish. We fill it with:
Stir-fries and Thai curries
And a few more surprises… ALL HOMEMADE. We fill the dish, you take the credit.
For only $ 5-00 per adult portion. Watch out for our ciabatta and baguettes – coming soon!
44424, or Nico on 0775 10 9333
- SPUR SECRET TRIBE CHRISTMAS PARTY – Dear All, Please be advised that there will be Spur Secret Tribe Christmas Party at Thundercloud Spur
Date: 10 December 2010 Venue: Thundercloud Spur At The Kingdom Hotel Time: 1200hrs-1700hrs
Invited are all kids 12 years and below
Charge: US$15 per kid
Activities: Balloon Competition, Drinking Competition, Dancing Competition and Modelling (US$3) for 7-12years, Jumping Castle and Motorbikes will also be available
Meals: A choice of Pizza, Kid’s Chicken, Kid’s Burger or Kid’s Wors, Desserts and drinks also included in the charge
There will be a lucky dip for the parents at the end and ONE LUCKY PARENT will walk away with a US$100 prize which will go towards school fees for their child
Please book on or before the 8th of December 2011 and have fun .Payments must be done at Thundercloud Spur
Any queries please feel free to contact Blessing on 0712667725 or 44275 ext. 6113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spur people, people with a taste for life
- HO HO HO, IT’S KIDS FUN DAYS AT A’ZAMBEZI THIS CHRISTMAS
11h30 – 15h00
Day with Santa including Lunch
$20 per child
11h30 – 15h00
Day of Fun & Movies including Lunch and Lucky Dip
$25 per child
11h30 – 15h00
Day of Arts, Crafts and Performing including Lunch
$20 per child
11h30 – 15h00
Fun, Games and Lunch on a Cruise
$39 per child
Fun and Games including Lunch
$20 per child
FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND BOOKINGS PLEASE CONTACT
TEL: 013 44561 / 4 Alice 0776 103 833
Hugh 0774 829 132 Daniel 0772 153 540
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- AZAMBEZI LODGE – Join A’Zambezi River Lodge at the Amulonga Restaurant this Festive Season!!
Buffet Christmas Dinner with Christmas Carols
Braai Lunch with Disco
Buffet Dinner with Live Music by Steve Chikoti
December 26th to 30th
Set Menu Lunches
Buffet Dinners with Entertainment – Mkhankaso Dance Group
Champagne at Midnight
Disco by Count-Down
FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND BOOKINGS PLEASE CONTACT: TEL: 013 44561 / 4
Alice 0776 103 833
Hugh 0774 829 132
Daniel 0772 153 540
- PROFESSIONAL GOLF LESSONS AND KIDS HOLIDAY GOLF CLUB – Geraint Jones will be in town to take individual golf lessons from Monday 28.11.11 to Friday 2.12.11 and again from Monday 12.12.11 to Wednesday 14.12.11.
He will hold a Kids Holiday Club from Monday 5.12.11 to Friday 9.12.11.
Please contact him directly for bookings – 0773045855. If there are any problems getting through please contact Sara Norton 0772606233 or email@example.com
- ELEPHANTS WALK ANNUAL CHRISTMAS FAIR – Its getting close to crunch time, just over one month to go till Christmas, it’s all steam ahead here at Elephants walk, getting ready for the Christmas fair… Lots of fun stalls and games to lose yourself in. A full bar to quench your thirst and all sorts of delicious foods to tickle those taste buds. This will be an event not to be missed.
Date; 17th December
Venue: Elephants Walk Courtyard
Time: Stalls to start setting up from 15:00, gates to be open to the public from 15:30 onwards.
There will be no shortage of entertainment for both the kids and parents; we will be playing a Christmas movie for the kids in the evening with a live band and a few Christmas carols to sweep you off your feet.
Father Christmas is hoping to make a stop over here at about 16:30/17:00 to visit all the good boys and girls.
There will be a small entrance fee charged at the gate, money raised from this will be going towards a Christmas dinner at the orphanage, we are hoping to get a few gifts to be handed out to the orphans. If anyone has any decent toys, clothes etc that you would like to donate, please bring them with you, there will be a collection bin at the entrance. Let’s remember to true spirit of Christmas.
We still have a few stall spaces left for anyone who may be interested, please contact Lenore on 0776 028 020, Kim on 0712 211 113 and Anne on 0772 254 552.
I look forward to seeing you all there….
Should you wish to advertise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t add logos, pictures or attachments as these will not be added.