23 November 2011
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION ADVERTISED BELOW HAS BEEN REQUESTED BY THE ADVERTEE TO BE DISTRIBUTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT VIC FALLS NEWS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THE BELOW. THIS IS A COMMUNITY SERVICE AND CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE PERSON ADVERTISING.
“Vic Falls News” is a community service and all donations are put towards our “Oldies” food boxes.
WHATS AVAILABLE, FOR SALE & GENERAL NOTICES
- “OLDIES” CHRISTMAS LUNCH –Tonya & Barry Meikle & Sara & Larry Norton will be hosting this year’s “Oldies” Christmas lunch. (For those who don’t know, these 2 special families have been hosting their Christmas lunch for 4 years now). This is a very special and touching time of the year when these 2 very special families touch the lives of our dear friends. This is also a time where we treat them with Christmas gifts. If you would like to be a part of this special day and have a special gift to drop off for them, please contact Tonya or Myself. Their Christmas lunch will be held on Friday the 16th of December.
- ADASKI PAYROLL SEMINAR – Softrite will be holding a Seminar on Monday the 28th of November at Ilala Lodge at 9am. Cost per person is $30.
Adaski is the simplest, yet most effective, payroll software package available in Zimbabwe. Adaski was written and is supported Mike Garden, of Softrite, Bambazonke Nhasi and Ndeipi. The system automatically calculates PAYE, NSSA, NEC, Medical Aid, Pension and Union; produces explicit payslips that are easy to understand by even the most basic worker; works out the Cash Analysis required from the bank; produces a Bank Transfer disc that can be sent to the bank using Paynet; allows you to work out the Final outstanding PAYE for each employee using the FDS system according to Zimra’s requirements and allows you to create the FDS Disc and Year End P6 (YTD Totals for all staff). Softrite has been in operation in Zimbabwe for over 27 years and has established Support offices in Harare, Bulawayo, Mutare, Victoria Falls and Gweru.
Mike Garden will be showing Adaski clients some of the more useful options that are available to all Adaski users. These include the importation and export of Excel files and all sorts of programs in the system that are termed by competitors as “Human Resources”. You will be invited to ask relevant questions and the replies to these may be worthwhile hearing from other clients
If you are interested in a Payroll system and are uncertain what system to choose, come and listen to what the Adaski system can do for you. This system runs monthly, weekly and fortnightly salaries and wages. It also keeps track of leave and loans and many more features are available.
So if you are interested, beat the rush in January and come in and see for yourself.
Please contact Cathrina on firstname.lastname@example.org and book your seat. Will need to know numbers for catering purposes.
- JAYS SPAR – New arrivals:
- Kotex Tampons and Panty Liners
- Lays and Simba Crisps Large Size $1.59
- Super moist Vanilla Cake Mix
- Huggies – All Sizes
- Ceres and Liquifruit Juices – all flavors and sizes
- Minced Garlic
- Safari Fruit Mince Meat for Xmas Pies
- Moirs Jelly
- Drummond Whole Birds, Chicken Portions and Pet Food
- Mosquito Zappers
- New in Our Bakery :
- Assorted Sandwiches
- Chocolate Éclairs
- Mini Sausage Rolls – Punnets of 4 , take home and bake
- Bercol Flay Traps
- Bercol Fly Bait
Reduced to Clear:
- Flat Screen TV’s
- Xmas Trees
- Spar Charcoal
Bakery – New Line :
- Russian Sausage Pies
We also do Rotis in packs of 10
Ice Cubes for Sale – Small and Large Bags
Our Win a Car Competition going well. Shop at Jays Spar and be a Winner !!!
- J-EASY-WAY PLUMBING – We do plumbing and maintenance. The company is comprised of qualified class 2 plumbers. For more information please contact MR J Khumalo at house # 2711, Chinotimba Township, Vic Falls. Contact number 0775 729 253 or 0713 099 959 email email@example.com
- WIDENCY UPHOLSTERY CENTRE – For all you household and office furniture, motor vehicles, boats, camping tents, gazebo drop blinds, car seat covers, Roof lining and floor carpeting.
Contact us at 299 Rumsey (ex A&K Offices) phone 0773000888/9
- THE SECOND HAND SHOP – What you don’t want someone else does……..
Turn your unwanted bits and pieces into cash.
Bring all those items you’ve been meaning to get rid of and we will sell it for you!!
Books furniture ovens fridges kitchen utensils electrical items tools car parts hardware. Anything goes (except clothes and curios)
Come in and browse around.
Specials : Bar unit $200 Executive Desk $150 Stoves – working $200 ea Teak Desks $100 ea
Find us in the warehouse next door to the vet!
NB. All items sold on commission
Enquiries: Contact Dave & Jane Ph. 0712 212 269 or 40091 evenings.
- RACO – Gardening tools and accessories, hose connectors, tap adaptors, hose menders, pruning shears, hand trowels, garden sprays and much more. Visit the distributors for Zimbabwe being Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTED HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS – Our Tradepower overseas buyers returned from the East last month and our containers with an amazing range of products are now available ex-stock to the trade in Victoria Falls. These products include: –
- Melamine ware – mugs, platters and salad bowls – white and floral
- Coffee mugs – huge variety
- Dinner sets
- Vacuum flasks and air pots both s/steel and plastic
- Ironing boards – wide variety
- Frying pans – all sizes
- Skewers – bamboo
- Plastic ware – huge, unbelievable variety
- Glassware – plain hotel ware and fancy glassware
- Ovenware – glass and ceramic
- Brush ware – incredible wide variety
- Paper serviettes – large variety – plain and printed
- Glass jugs and glass gift sets
- Cutlery – loose and sets
- Consol – hotel glassware – Willy, Zombi, High Ball, Whisky
- Place mats and coaster sets
And much, much more – Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com
- BAKERY REQUISITES – Calling all bakeries and hotels – Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls are the areas distributors for Bakels Zimbabwe. Bulk cocoa powder, icing sugar, cake mix, cooking chocolate, tincol, bread and roll premixes, rollex and master puff and much more. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request our specialty bakery representative to call upon you to provide you with expert advice and suggestions on new products and recipes.
- COMPUPRO – HEART OF TECHNOLOGY
Asus Dual Core Desktops – FROM US$517.00
Processor: Intel Dual Core E5200 (2.5 GHz)
RAM: 2GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 500GB
Optical: DVD Writer
2 Year Warranty
Price is valid whilst current stocks last.
Now Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | iPods & Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45 ext. 1
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street
Between 13th & 14th Avenue
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
- PROFESSIONAL GOLF LESSONS AND KIDS HOLIDAY GOLF CLUB – Geraint Jones will be in town to take individual golf lessons from Monday 28.11.11 to Friday 2.12.11 and again from Monday 12.12.11 to Wednesday 14.12.11.
He will hold a Kids Holiday Club from Monday 5.12.11 to Friday 9.12.11.
Please contact him directly for bookings – 0773045855. If there are any problems getting through please contact Sara Norton 0772606233 or email@example.com
- CANON 350D DSLR CAMERA FOR SALE – Included 70-300mm lens and 18 – 55mm lens plus extra battery with battery charger and camera bag. Tel: 0772 302 747.
Thanks Stuart Danks
- COMMUNIQUE FROM SAT COM Victoria falls – As a token of appreciation to all Rotarians for holding a successful Golf and Fun day, raising funds for Charity and many other successful projects in the year 2011; most importantly, the large amount of time Rotarians give for SERVICE ABOVE SELF, SATCOM Victoria falls on behalf of Multi-Choice is offering free set ups, free dish installations, free extra connections on premises, free transport and free trouble-shooting on satellite dish systems.
The offer is open to all members of the rotary club of Victoria Falls and Senior Citizens 70 years and above.
The offer starts from Friday 18 November and ends on Friday 25 November 2011. (one week).
Rotarian Shadreck and his Family as well as the entire staff at SATCOM Victoria falls wish you a merry, safe and fun filled festive season. May the good Lord protect and take care of you all.
- SILOAM CAR WASH – Specialist in Car seats, Car carpets, roofs and Engine cleaning services. We also provide Leather seats waxing and general car cleaning services. Please call in at Number 399 Rumsey Road, Industrial Site, Victoria Falls behind VAKA MART HARDWARE or Contact Regis on 0772 424 644 / Tonde on 0712 596 819.”
- REFRIGERATION & AIR CONDITIONING SERVICES-BULAWAYO – We supply ICESTREAM air conditioners “YOU NAME IT WE COOL IT” with our special prices;
1) 12000 btu air con $520.00
2) 18000 btu air con $680.00
3) 24000 btu air con $860.00
Prices include VAT and Exclude installation
For more information contact GIDEON SIBANDA, REF AIR BULAWAYO, TEL 09 61349/50
- KNITTING YARN\WOOL NEEDED – I desperately need donations of knitting yarn – wool for a winter charity project. The yarn can be any size ball, any colour, and any thickness – it does not matter, absolutely ANY wool / yarn would be most welcome. If you have any oddments of wool / yarn to donate, please could you droop it off at Jays Supermarket, with your name and email address or phone details. Thank you – Paddy Francis
- SCUBA DIVING COURSES AVAILABLE IN VIC FALLS – Anyone going away in December holidays to a diving destination? Would you like to get the “boring stuff” out of the way of your holiday and just enjoy the diving experience? You can do all your theory work and exams plus the pool session where you will learn all the necessary skills to become a diver. This will leave you to do 4 open water dives on your holiday and just enjoy!
The courses can be arranged according to your schedule and can be done as quick or slow as you like. Adults, children and even those who struggle to swim can do it.
For more information or to book a course please contact Benjamin Hougaard on 0712 219421
- SERAME AIR-CON & REFRIGERATION – KASANE – For all your air-conditioning and refrigeration needs look no further for: Sales, Service, Repairs and Installation.
We supply LG, Dunnham-Bush and Elegance air-conditioners
So BEAT THE HEAT with our November Specials!!!
Elegance 12000btu air-con P3, 862.71
LG 12000btu air-con P5, 432.81
Dunnhamm-Bush 12000btu P4, 349.60
Defy 320l Chest freezer P3, 425.86
Defy 420l Chest freezer P4, 085.76
These prices are for a limited time only and subject to availability. Air con prices do not include Installation. Terms & Conditions apply. Contact: Mike; +267 71771753 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEVEN ELEVEN – We are taking orders for Christmas Hams (approx 2-3kg) $10.34 per kg, Gammon Hams (approx 6-7kg) $11.42 per kg and Horseshoe Hams (approx 4-6kg) $11.42 per kg. Please place your order with us before mid November to avoid disappointment. We will be holding stock but these lines move fast over the Christmas season. Please email your orders to email@example.com
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VIC FALLS & KASANE & LIVINGSTONE
- WILDLIFE TRUST
Black Tie Dinner Dance
Friday, November 25, 2011
Has been POSTPONED to a date to be advised
Thank you to all who have bought tickets to date – you will be refunded this week.
Also a very BIG thank you to all of the donors of the wonderful items we have received for the auction – your support has been truly overwhelming.
Please contact me if you have any further queries, Kerrielea 013 43577
- THE FOODZONE AT ADVENTUREZONE – The FoodZone at Adventure Lodge has a daily dish from US$5 per portion.
Quick lunch or no dish-dinner (bring a dish, we fill it):
Monday – Spaghetti Bolognaise
Tuesday – lasagna n salad
Wednesday – Thai noodle salad
Thursday – Chicken casserole with bacon n butternut
Friday – Hamburger (add a dollar for chips)
Call 44424, ask for the kitchen.
- ELEPHANTS WALK ANNUAL CHRISTMAS FAIR – Its getting close to crunch time, just over one month to go till Christmas, it’s all steam ahead here at Elephants walk, getting ready for the Christmas fair… Lots of fun stalls and games to lose yourself in. A full bar to quench your thirst and all sorts of delicious foods to tickle those taste buds. This will be an event not to be missed.
Date; 17th December
Venue: Elephants Walk Courtyard
Time: Stalls to start setting up from 15:00, gates to be open to the public from 15:30 onwards.
There will be no shortage of entertainment for both the kids and parents; we will be playing a Christmas movie for the kids in the evening with a live band and a few Christmas carols to sweep you off your feet.
Father Christmas is hoping to make a stop over here at about 16:30/17:00 to visit all the good boys and girls.
There will be a small entrance fee charged at the gate, money raised from this will be going towards a Christmas dinner at the orphanage, we are hoping to get a few gifts to be handed out to the orphans. If anyone has any decent toys, clothes etc that you would like to donate, please bring them with you, there will be a collection bin at the entrance. Let’s remember to true spirit of Christmas.
We still have a few stall spaces left for anyone who may be interested, please contact Lenore on 0776 028 020, Kim on 0712 211 113 and Anne on 0772 254 552.
I look forward to seeing you all there….
Should you wish to advertise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t add logos, pictures or attachments as these will not be added.