12 November 2011
“Success comes in cans, failure in cant’s.”
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION ADVERTISED BELOW HAS BEEN REQUESTED BY THE ADVERTEE TO BE DISTRIBUTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT VIC FALLS NEWS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THE BELOW. THIS IS A COMMUNITY SERVICE AND CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE PERSON ADVERTISING.
“Vic Falls News” is a community service and all donations are given to feeding the Pensioners in Vic Falls.
Please note that I have changed my system over and if you don’t get the “Vic Falls News” or get more than one copy, please send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org also if you do not want to receive these adverts please let me know. Sorry about this, but this kind of transfer doesn’t always go a planned!!!!
WHATS AVAILABLE, FOR SALE & GENERAL NOTICES
- JAYS SPAR – NEW ARRIVALS:
- Pure Honey from Inyanga
- Kitekate and Whiskas Cat Food – Full Range
- Assorted Chocolates and Biscuits
- Kango Pots and Pans
- Vanilla Essence
- Safari Fruit Cake Mix and Raisons
- Safari Fruit Mince
- New Magazines
- Wellington Assorted Vinegars
- Lays Crisps
AND MANY MORE PRODUCTS
OUR WIN A CAR COMPETITION HAS STARTED SHOP FOR $10.00 OR MORE TO ENTER
SO START SHOPPING AT JAYS SPAR TO BE A WINNER !!!
- FOR SALE – 2 x double bed headboards and 2 x dressing. These items are in excellent conditions. Contact Dr. Jonas Chafota Wild Trekkers Lodge +263 13 42356/53 or +263 0773 177 903
- MESSAGE FROM VICTOR MUPANGURI –
- 1. Statutory Instrument 124 of 2011 – Rebate of duty on capital goods imported for use by approved tourism operators
This rebate shall be available up to 31 August 2013
The Min of Finance will approve a rebate of duty in respect of –
(a) New Capital Equipment for –
i. Expansion, and
ii. Modernization, and
Of hotels and restaurants
(b) Boat Equipment and other goods imported or taken out of bond:
The rebate will only apply on the import of the above for exclusive use in the tourism business by tour operators registered with the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority and Zimbabwe Council of Tourism. See below for eligibility requirements.
Requirements for eligibility to rebate of duty:
Tourism Operator must furnish the following:
(a) A complete specification of each model of boat equipment being imported, and
(b) A complete list of refurbishment material of boating equipment which are to be imported for use by the Operator in the tourism business, and
(c) A valid tax clearance certificate and proof of registration with Zimra,
(d) A completed Tourism Rebate Form specified in the Schedule (This will be obtained from the Min of Finance, not yet out), and
i. Zimbabwe Council of Tourism recommendation. (Operator has to have been a member of ZCT for a least two years to be eligible. I suggest Operators contact ZCT immediately to regularize their membership if not up to date. Let us know if you require help with this)
ii. Zimbabwe Tourism Authority recommendation. (Operator has to get ZTA recommendation, kindly visit local ZTA office for assistance with this)
iii. Ministry of Tourism & Hospitality Approval. All above paperwork then has to be taken to Min of Tourism for approval who then complete their own form to that effect
iv. Ministry of Finance Approval. All the above paperwork can then be taken to Min of Finance for approval. When granted only then can the duty free importation be done.
- 2. Statutory Instrument 125 of 2011 – Suspension of duty on specified motor vehicles imported by tourism operators
This rebate shall apply for a period of six months only from the date of publication, i.e. 28 October 2011
(a) “Exclusive use in the tourism business” – means being used entirely for the purposes of the tourism business, other than as a benefit to employees or to the owner.
(b) “Specified motor vehicle” – means a new motor vehicle imported or a new motor vehicle taken out of bond which is listed in the Schedule below.
(c) “Approved Safari Operators” – must be registered with Zimbabwe Tourism Authority and Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe
(d) Disposal of rebated vehicles
An operator shall not dispose of any rebated motor vehicle unless:
i. Written authority if obtained from the Commissioner or
ii. Payment of the duty suspended has been made
iii. Basically, Operator would have to apply to Zimra for clearance to dispose of the vehicle within five years of the rebate been granted.
Requirements for Eligibility to suspension of duty on Vehicle Imports:
(a) A complete specification of each model of motor vehicle, and
(b) A completed suspension of duty form as specified by Ministry of Finance
(c) A valid tax clearance certificate and proof of registration with Zimra
(d) A completed Tourism Rebate Form specified in the Schedule (This will be obtained from the Min of Finance, not yet out), and
- Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe recommendation. (Operator has to have been a member of SOAZ for a least two years to be eligible. I suggest Operators contact SOAZ immediately to regularize their membership if not up to date. Let us know if you require help with this)
- Zimbabwe Tourism Authority recommendation. (Operator has to get ZTA recommendation, kindly visit local ZTA office for assistance with this)
- Ministry of Tourism & Hospitality Approval. All above paperwork then has to be taken to Min of Tourism for approval who then complete their own form to that effect
- Ministry of Finance Approval. All the above paperwork can then be taken to Min of Finance for approval. When granted only then can the duty free importation be done.
Note, however that the serialization of the necessary forms and modalities around these SI’s have not been released. As such, those interested will have to wait a little longer. Do contact Victor on 0773608916, 0713257557 and email: email@example.com if you need help with the above.
- POSITION NEEDED – ATTENTION : HR DEPARTMENT
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
I would like to take this opportunity in applying for a position within your organization, whether it be for Secretarial/Reception or Events Management. A friend of mine, (Barend from BJ Solutions) attended The Travel Expo recently and handed me all the pamphlets of Safaris Lodges/Hotels/Tourisim/Travel in order for me to contact Organisations such as yourselves. I have much working experience behind me and have my CV and References are on hand, should you wish to see them.
I am a highly experienced professional with a diverse working experience. Am flexible in my working hours and take a keen interest in every aspect of my life. I am equally at ease in a customer facing role or in executive roles. My experience places me equally well in private or corporate roles. I have worked with people from a diverse range of cultures and fit in easily into any environment presented to me. I will always give a hundred percent of my ability. I enjoy new challenges and face them with eagerness to show my skills gained through my years of hands on experience and dedication. I work equally well in standalone projects or as part of a team. Below are the last two companies I’ve worked at.
PRESENT WORK EXPERIENCE – TEXT WRIGHT PVT LTD HARARE ZIMBABWE Office equipment Sales/Administration 01/08/2005 to present
I have hands on involvement in the sales and marketing of photo copiers, printers and other office equipment. Duties include the administration, costing, and front line sales liasing with customers via email/telephone as well as marketing for the company..
I ran my own business alongside my work at Text Wright for a while known as Savon Pearle this involved the supply of interior decoration supplies and cosmetics imported from overseas. My clients included safari lodges banks and other tourist related enterprises and corporate companies. I also use my artistic ability to create various ornaments for resale purposes.
TEXTILE GALLERY (Fabrics) – Projects Manager/Sales Floor 01/08/2003 to 30/07/2005
Duties included floor sales, show room décor and Storyboard displays alongside the marketing launches of new designs and products. I was sent to South Africa to further my Show room decor skills. These courses were undertaken at the top class facilities offered at Fabric Library Johannesburg and Chelsea Harbour. I have photos of the quality of work I did in showroom and displays arranged by me.
Should you wish to get in touch with me, please do not hesitate in contacting me on the above email address or Cell Number : 0775 605 576. Kind regards Les
- COMPUPRO – HEART OF TECHNOLOGY
Samsung P580 Laptop – US$799.00
Processor: Intel Core i3 380M (2 GHz)
RAM: 3GB DDR3
Graphics: NVidia GeForce 1GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 320GB
Optical: DVD Writer
Screen: 15.6” HD Screen
OS: Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
Extras: Card Reader, Wireless, Webcam, Bluetooth
1 Year Warranty
Price is valid whilst current stocks last.
Now Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | iPods & Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45 ext. 1
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street
Between 13th & 14th Avenue
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
- ROSEPET ENTERPRISES – the Computer Accessories/Consumables, Book and Stationery Shop
JUST ARRIVED: MOTIVATIONAL/BUSINESS BOOKS BY MILTON KAMWENDO (a renowned “Innovation Specialist, Strategy Consultant, Motivational Speaker, Author and Bookseller.”). Hurry while stocks last.
Place your orders for other titles including primary and secondary textbooks.
For all your office solutions, home and school stationery requirements please visit the new stationery and computer accessories shop at Shop Number 20, 1st Floor Galleria Building (Above TelOne). For enquiries and orders call us on 45088 or 0779 089 685. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype name: rosepetzim
Also available are the following;
Computer Accessories/Consumables: Printer and Toner Cartridges, Memory Cards, Flash/Memory Sticks, Car Modulators, Wireless Mouse, Keyboards, etc etc…..
Stationery: Bond Paper (Including Colored Bond paper!!), Petty Cash Vouchers, Lever Arch Files, Flat Files, Counter Books, Exercise books, Graph books, rulers, chalk, khaki and plastic covers, Punch (including heavy duty punch!!), Stapler (including heavy duty staplers!!), Staple Pins, Paper clips, Photo Albums, Sell tapes, pens, pencils, order books, cash sale receipt books, invoice books, calculators, carbon papers, stick and liquid glue, mathematical sets, scissors, all types of envelopes, highlighters, crayons (including twisters), binding combs, plastic binding covers, mighty covers, shorthand notebooks, Executive Desk Pads etc, etc….
- TEL.ONE AGENTS IN TOWN – “Zimbabwe Yellow Pages has been contracted to print the Tel.One Directory. Two Agents namely Rita Nicene – 0772 369 614 and Adam Leach – 0712 214 943 from Yellow Pages-Bulawayo are visiting the Falls to canvass for the 2012 edition from Tuesday 15th of November until Friday, 18th of November and will visit as many businesses as possible to update your listings and attend to all your advertising requirements. Any queries please contact them or call Bulawayo on (09) 73561/2/4.
- BUILDERS HARDWARE – Ex. PG Building Supplies
- Selection of floor and wall tiles
- Corrugated zinc sheets
- Asbestos 2,7m and 3.6m
- Astra Paints
- Toilet pans, cisterns, flush sets, toilet seat and covers
- Tying wire & wire nails
- Rhino boards and cornice
- Brandering, cover strips and zimtex boards
Much much more!
Please TRY US FIRST!!
Call Thandi 0772347687, Itai 0712597465
Landline 013 43344
- HR STUDENT SEEKING ATTACHMENT WANTED AT WILD HORIZONS –
Should have the following attributes:
- Studying towards an HND or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management
- Should be highly computer literate with a strong bias towards excel and some accounting packages
- Available for a period of at least 6 months
- Own accommodation
- Team player
- People person
- Willing to learn and apply the practice
- Willing to start soonest.
Should you be interested please respond to: email@example.com by Friday 11 November, 2011.
- RACO – Gardening tools and accessories, hose connectors, tap adaptors, hose menders, pruning shears, hand trowels, garden sprays and much more. Visit the distributors for Zimbabwe being Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIREWORKS – Incredible range for the festive season now is stock at very competitive prices Tradepower Wholesale Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: email@example.com
- BAKERY REQUISITES – Calling all bakeries and hotels – Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls are the areas distributors for Bakels Zimbabwe. Bulk cocoa powder, icing sugar, cake mix, cooking chocolate, tincol, bread and roll premixes, rollex and master puff and much more. Please telephone Tradepower Victoria Falls (013) 44870/44871 or 0774 022 312 / 0775 996 110 email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request our specialty bakery representative to call upon you to provide you with expert advice and suggestions on new products and recipes.
- SEVEN ELEVEN – We are taking orders for Christmas Hams (approx 2-3kg) $10.34 per kg, Gammon Hams (approx 6-7kg) $11.42 per kg and Horseshoe Hams (approx 4-6kg) $11.42 per kg. Please place your order with us before mid November to avoid disappointment. We will be holding stock but these lines move fast over the Christmas season. Please email your orders to email@example.com
MOVIES AVAILABLE IN TOWN
|NAME OF MOVIE||ACTORS STARRING|
|Faces in the crowd||Milla Jvovich|
|I don’t know how she does it||Sarah Jessica Parker|
|Pure Country the gift 2||George Strait, Katrina Elam|
|Pirates of the Carribean||Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz|
|Real Steel||Hugh Jackman|
|Spy Kids||(Animations) Jessica Alba|
|Don’t be afraid of the dark||Guy Pierce, Katie Holmes|
|Cowboys & Aliens||Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde|
|Café||Jennifer Love Hewitt|
|Space Chimps 2||(animation)|
|Mardi Gras||Carmen Electra|
|Ultimate Heist||Jean Reno|
|Dear John||Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried|
|2 million stupid women||Sarah Hall|
|Way of the Panda||(From the makers of Shrek)|
|Something borrowed||Kate Hudson|
|The experiment||Forest Whitaker, Adrien Brody|
|Love & other impossible pursuits||Natalie Portman|
|The Rite||Anthony Hopkins|
|Horrible Bosses||Jennifer Aniston, Collin Farrell, Jamie Foxx, Kevin Spacey|
|Russel Petes||Russel Petes (Stand up comedy)|
|Controlled Chaos||Jeff Dunham (Stand up comedy)|
|Chic Magnet||Owen Wilson, Rosario Dawson|
|Boy Toy||John White|
|Rio||(From the creators of Ice Age, AAnimation)|
|Tree of life||Brad Pitt, Sean Penn|
|The Greek Patty Caper||(SpongeBob Squarepants(animation)|
|War of Resistance|
|Without Men||Eva Longoria, Christian Slater|
|A little bit of heaven||Kate Hudson|
|How Stella got her groove back||Angela Basset, Taye Diggs, Whoopi Goldberg|
|Brown Sugar||Taye Diggs, Sanaa Lathan|
|Shrek the 3rd||(animation)|
|Forgiven||David Hart, Alan Autry|
|HP7 Part 2 (The final Harry Porter)|
|Father of invention||Kevin Spacey|
|Death Race 2||Luke Goss|
|Charlie St Cloud||Zac Efron|
|When Harry tries to marry||Rahul Rai, Stefanie Ester|
|Bad Teacher||Cameron Diaz|
|The fighter||Christian Bale|
|Love, wedding, marriage||Mandy Moore, Kellan Lutz|
|Larry Crowne||Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts|
|Vampires Suck||(From thecreators of scary movie)|
|Training Day||Denzel Washington,|
|The last song||Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth|
|The social Network||(Mark Zuckerberg)|
|Ghosts of girlfriends past||Mathew Mcconnaughey|
|The Dark Knight||Christian Bale|
|The good fellas||Robert Deniro|
|My girlfriend’s boyfriend||Allyssa Milano|
|Heaven aint Hard to find||Andre Pitre, Kim Whitely|
|Glory Road||Josh Lucas|
|Despicable me||(adult animation)|
|Gnomeo & Juliet||(Animation)|
|The Prince of Egypt||(Animation)|
|Standing Firm||(Christian Movie)|
|Why did I get married?|
|Winnie the Pooh||(Animation)|
|Casper’s Scare school||(Animation)|
|Margin Call||Kevin Spacey|
|Escape||Dominic Purcell, Faith Ford|
|3 Musketeers||Milla Jovovich, Orlando Bloom|
|Retreat||Thandie Newton, Cillian Murphy|
|Johnny English Reborn|
|Hell Raiser Revelations|
|Mrs Miracle||Doris Roberts|
|A haunting in Salem|
|X-men 1st Class|
|Shark Knight||Sarah Paxton|
|The son of noone||Katie Holmes, Channing Tatum, Tracey Morgan|
|I love you Phillip Morris||Jim Carey, Ewan McGregor|
|Conviction||Hillary Swank, Sam Rockwell|
|Kat Williams||(stand up comedy)|
|Law abiding citizens||Gerard Butle, Jamie Foxx|
|Black & Blue||Tracey Morgan (Stand up comedy)|
|Beauty & Briefcase||Hillary Duff|
|The Hagstone||Mark Borchardt|
|Monte Carlo||Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy|
|Midnight in Paris||Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams|
|The Howling Reborn||Lindsay Shaw, London Liboiron|
|Free Runner||Sean Paris, Taner Hassain|
|Shawshank Redemption||Morgan Freeman|
Movies galore!!! You know you need to unwind with a relaxing movie after a hard days’s work. Have we got the best and most recent selection. To purchase or enquire please call 0772 934 699 or visit INFINITE ENTERTAINMENT located at Sopers Arcade next to Imagebay Hair salon.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VIC FALLS & KASANE & LIVINGSTONE
- ELEPHANTS WALK ANNUAL CHRISTMAS FAIR – Its getting close to crunch time, just over one month to go till Christmas, it’s all steam ahead here at Elephants walk, getting ready for the Christmas fair… Lots of fun stalls and games to lose yourself in. A full bar to quench your thirst and all sorts of delicious foods to tickle those taste buds. This will be an event not to be missed.
Date; 17th December
Venue: Elephants Walk Courtyard
Time: Stalls to start setting up from 15:00, gates to be open to the public from 15:30 onwards.
There will be no shortage of entertainment for both the kids and parents, we will be playing a Christmas movie for the kids in the evening with a live band and a few Christmas carols to sweep you off your feet.
Father Christmas is hoping to make a stop over here at about 16:30/17:00 to visit all the good boys and girls.
There will be a small entrance fee charged at the gate, money raised from this will be going towards a Christmas dinner at the orphanage, we are hoping to get a few gifts to be handed out to the orphans. If anyone has any decent toys, clothes etc that you would like to donate, please bring them with you, there will be a collection bin at the entrance. Let’s remember to true spirit of Christmas.
We still have a few stall spaces left for anyone who may be interested, please contact Lenore on 0776 028 020, Kim on 0712 211 113 and Anne on 0772 254 552.
I look forward to seeing you all there….
- THE ROTARY CLUB OF VICTORIA FALLS GOLF AND FAMILY FUN DAY – Will be holding a Golf and Family Fun day at the Elephant hills Golf Club on Sunday 13 November 2011. It will be a 3 ball Mexican hat designed to entertain the whole family. Companies and individuals are free to sponsor teams of three people. There is no limit to number of teams that can be sponsored per company or individual. Teams of four will also be acceptable..Fee $120.00
Sponsors are free to dress their teams any way they need. Sponsorship fee is US$100 per team and any individuals willing to play on the day can pay $40.00 per 18 Holes.
Companies and individuals are can dress a hole for a fee.
The tournament is a fundraiser for various charities and deserving cases of underprivileged in and around Victoria Falls.
For further information, please log onto www.rotaryclubofvictoriafalls.com or contact:
Tom Chuma 0712216629
Josh Ncube 0712207368
Anne taggart 0712203743
Please support a worthy cause.
- WILD HORIZONS WILDLIFE TRUST – Dust off your dancing shoes and dry clean your evening dress and join us at the Black Tie Fundraising Dinner In aid of the WILD HORIZONS WILDLIFE TRUST Friday, November 25, 2011 Livingstone Room, Victoria Falls Hotel
Tickets $80 per person includes 4 course dinner with wine and entertainment
Great door prizes to be won
Live art auction on the night
We are seeking your support as the continued preservation of wildlife in this tourism corridor is of vital importance to all of us.
Please support us by attending this great event. For more information or to book your tickets please contact:
Kerrielea 013 43577 or Kerrielea@yoafrica.com or Jessica 013 42004 or Jessica@wildhorizons.co.zw
Should you wish to advertise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t add logos, pictures or attachments as these will not be added.