Vic Falls News
28 October 2011
“You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself
he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job”. Laurence J. Peter.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION ADVERTISED BELOW HAS BEEN REQUESTED BY THE ADVERTEE TO BE DISTRIBUTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT VIC FALLS NEWS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THE BELOW. THIS IS A COMMUNITY SERVICE AND CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE PERSON ADVERTISING.
“Vic Falls News” is a community service and all donations are given to feeding the Pensioners in Vic Falls.
Please note I will be changing email programs shortly and if you find you don’t receive adverts in the next week or two, please let me know as this process is known to drop a few addresses. Thanks always for your support!!
WHATS AVAILABLE, FOR SALE & GENERAL NOTICES
• “OLDIES” FOOD BOXES – Hi there, as the end of October approaches we start collecting for our dear friends. If you have anything that you would like to help with it will be very much appreciated. Please drop it off with me or contact me on 0772 287 992. Thanks so much Cathrina.
• SEVEN ELEVEN – We are taking orders for Christmas Hams (approx 2-3kg), Gammon Hams (approx 6-7kg) and Horseshoe Hams (approx 4-6kg). Please place your order with us before mid November to avoid disappointment. We will be holding stock but these lines move fast over the Christmas season. Please email your orders to firstname.lastname@example.org
• GARDENER AVAILABLE – Costa Mumpande worked for us for 3 years as a general hand and gardener. He is hard working and honest and I would recommend him as a gardener who is willing to learn. He has good potential and is good at taking cuttings, growing veggies and is very patient with kids! His cell no 0774136717 is or contact Nicky Palmer on 0772247155 for further details. He is available immediately.
• SHOESTRINGS HOTSPOT / WI-FI SPECIAL – Special tickets for $25.00 will give you:
One full month.
Total of 350MB
You can connect: laptops, iPhone, iPad, Smartphones, Android phones, Nokia Phones, MacBooks etc.
GO AND ENQUIRE TODAY.
• COMPUPRO – HEART OF TECHNOLOGY
Canon Pixma MP280 3in1 Colour Inkjet Printer – US$120.00
4800x1200dpi Resolution 2pl ink droplets Full HD Movie Print Auto Photo Fix II Easy-WebPrint EX ChromaLife100+
1 Year Warranty
MP280 + Spare High Yield Cartridges $165.00
Normal Price: High Yield Cartridges – $90 MP280 – $120
Price is valid whilst current stocks last.
Now Offering Free Swift Delivery Throughout Zimbabwe (terms & conditions apply)
Also Available: Laptops & Accessories | Desktops | Printers, Scanner & Projectors |UPS & Inverters | Sollatek Surge Protection | Networking | iPods & Accessories
Phone: (09) 889643/45
Address: 130A S.parirenyatwa Street
Between 13th & 14th Avenue
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE www.compupro.co.zw/CompuPro
• ELEPHANTS WALK ANNUAL CHRISTMAS FAIR – It’s that time of year again, Christmas is nearly upon us and provision needs to be made! To be held on Sat the 17th of December in the courtyard at Elephant’s Walk. Come on down to take part in lots of fun activities, tasty treats, great sales, and not to forget Father Christmas! Kids will be more than entertained while you shop till you drop!
Come together for some Christmas Cheer.
If anyone is interested in having a stall (anything goes) please contact- Lenore (0776 028 020), Kim (42300) or Anne (0772 254 552) for further details. Thank you J
• HONEY JEWELLERY COMES TO VICTORIA FALLS
Exquisite Honey Jewellery – Fund raiser for pensioner whose house burnt down in Mlibizi.
Please come and support this function.
Develop your own fashion story—whether you are a hopeless romantic,
family and friend’s crusader or a heroic adventurer……….
HONEY – Has something special to offer you. Come and view our exquisite Ultimate and Give Collection
WHEN : SATURDAY 29th OCTOBER 2011
WHERE : SPRAYVIEW HOTEL – Corner of Reynard Rd & Main Vic Falls Rd
TIME : 5pm—8pm
Tickets: $ 15.00—Includes free gift, lucky draw and teas (purchase tickets from Sprayview reception)
Full Cash Bar and Catering
Also on show will be Acorn Kids Bath Products and Sh’zen Beauty Products
• THE GALLERY SHOP AT ELEPHANTS WALK – closing at END OF OCTOBER. FIXTURES AND FITTINGS BEING SOLD – CASH ONLY
• FURNITURE EXCESS TO REQUIREMENTS –
Solid mukwa coffee/centre table 90cm x 140cm x 45cm high US$ 150
Solid teak with small carved insert 48cm x80cm x45cm high US$ 100
Vintage 2 seater rattan backed couch 60cm wide x 115cm long US$ 100
Mukwa veneered room divider US$50
Computer stand US$ 50
Contact details: 0712 210 938 or 44328
• ACCOMODATION URGENTLY NEEDED – Victoria Falls Primary School is urgently looking for a 4 bedroomed and preferably with outbuildings (but not essential) in low density area. Please contact Alison or Tex Harding on 42022 or email@example.com
• CELLPHONES FOR SALE – Nokia, Samsung and Motorola cellphones. All brand new and available at the official distributor – Tradepower Victoria Falls. Knockdown prices on genuine handsets, and all handsets come with a 1 year guarantee.
Contact Neil Norman or Sipho Tshuma on landline (013) 44870/44871 or cell#’s 0712 587 123/0774 022 312 – Neil Norman & 0775 996 106 – Sipho Tshuma
Please visit our modern wholesale warehouse across the road from Marange Motors in the industrial sites, where service to you will be a pleasure.
• SWIMMING POOL PRODUCTS – Eezi Pool & Blu 52 – Need sparkle in your pool? Tradepower Wholesale Vic Falls are agents for Blu 52, swimming pool test kits, Eezi Pool acid, chlorine and algae clear. Contact Neil Norman on (013) 44870 / 44871 or 0712 587 123 / 0774 022 312 for advice on your pool and to view our extensive range.
• ICE SALES – Ice always available at Tradepower Wholesale Victoria Falls – 7kg bag for $2-20. Tel: (013) 44870/44871 or 0712 587 123/0774 022 312. Please visit our modern wholesale warehouse, where service to you will be a pleasure.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VIC FALLS & KASANE & LIVINGSTONE
• THE ROTARY CLUB OF VICTORIA FALLS GOLF AND FAMILY FUN DAY – Will be holding a Golf and Family Fun day at the Elephant hills Golf Club on Sunday 13 November 2011. It will be a 3 ball Mexican hat designed to entertain the whole family. Companies and individuals are free to sponsor teams of three people. There is no limit to number of teams that can be sponsored per company or individual. Teams of four will also be acceptable..Fee $120.00
Sponsors are free to dress their teams any way they need. Sponsorship fee is US$100 per team and any individuals willing to play on the day can pay $40.00 per 18 Holes.
Companies and individuals are can dress a hole for a fee.
The tournament is a fundraiser for various charities and deserving cases of underprivileged in and around Victoria Falls.
For further information, please log onto www.rotaryclubofvictoriafalls.com or contact:
Tom Chuma 0712216629
Josh Ncube 0712207368
Anne taggart 0712203743
Please support a worthy cause.
• SWIM AND SIP FUN AT THE VICTORIA FALLS RAINBOW HOTEL
I am sure we all agree that the sweltering October heat is officially RIDICULOUS!!!!
Solution?? Escape the heat this weekend and enjoy some Swim and Sip Fun with or without the kids at the Rainbow Hotel Pool Bar.
Make your choice off our à la carte menu … how about a gin and tonic to wash it down.
Please call the hotel on 44583 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and enquiries.
• THE AMULONGA RESTAURANT AT A’ZAMBEZI RIVER LODGE – Locals Special
Come and try out our new menu and enjoy a delicious Riverside Dinner at the Amulonga Restaurant, the only restaurant by the River in town. Wallow in the cool ambiance of the newly refurbished restaurant or enjoy a pleasant outdoor dining experience out on the deck.
US$ 25 per person for adults – buffet or à la carte (3 courses)
US$ 15 per person for KIDS menu
US$ 13 per person for kids under 12 – Buffet
Please call the hotel on 44561/2/3 or e-mail email@example.com for bookings and enquiries.
• WILD HORIZONS WILDLIFE TRUST – Dust off your dancing shoes and dry clean your evening dress and join us at the
Black Tie Fundraising Dinner In aid of the WILD HORIZONS WILDLIFE TRUST Friday, November 25, 2011 Livingstone Room, Victoria Falls Hotel
Tickets $80 per person includes 4 course dinner with wine and entertainment
Great door prizes to be won
Live art auction on the night
We are seeking your support as the continued preservation of wildlife in this tourism corridor is of vital importance to all of us.
Please support us by attending this great event. For more information or to book your tickets please contact:
Kerrielea 013 43577 or Kerrielea@yoafrica.com or Jessica 013 42004 or Jessica@wildhorizons.co.zw